You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

59 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

This is what happens down the bottom. They're all shite and nearly never win. This is why I'm sure they'll stay up. 

I can't see them going down - too much shite around them.

But i really believe they are in trouble in next two or three seasons and the trap door could easily open.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, an tha said:

I can't see them going down - too much shite around them.

But i really believe they are in trouble in next two or three seasons and the trap door could easily open.

Everton this season are like Villa in 2014-15. Utter shite, but three teams were worse. They then sold their best player (Delph) and their top scorer (Benteke) with inevitable and hilarious consequences for the following season.

2 hours ago, Halcyon Days said:

Every result going their way again.

Those teams at the bottom are down at the bottom precisely because they are so bad they are not even inconsistent. It's why I don't see Everton getting dragged down, as one or two of the others basically need to hit title-winning form to get themselves out of a mess.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Everton this season are like Villa in 2014-15. Utter shite, but three teams were worse. They then sold their best player (Delph) and their top scorer (Benteke) with inevitable and hilarious consequences for the following season.

Oh be right....please.

6 hours ago, sir roger said:

Very convenient for the bone saw boys that two players who weren't even at the club when they cried off from the original fixture, notch the two goals tonight.

How many games did Newcastle have postponed with zero evidence there was any reason they couldn't play all so they could buy time for new signings the cheating shit stain of a club. To think the amount of shit we got for postponing one leg of a two leg league Cup game against arsenal that cost us our second leg at home advantage and that was after most clubs had already cancelled games some of them multiple times.

• Upvote 7

16 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

When the pandemic first hit in 2020, FSG announced that they were suspending work on the ARE extension for 12 months; Everton announced that they were ploughing on regardless with BMD. I thought then that that illustrated how one club is run by serious and competent adults and the other club is being mismanaged by fuckwits and fantasists.

You hate to see it, you really do.

I'm not the biggest fan of FSG but I think it's a bit harsh to call them fuckwits and fantasists. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Trumo said:

Those teams at the bottom are down at the bottom precisely because they are so bad they are not even inconsistent. It's why I don't see Everton getting dragged down, as one or two of the others basically need to hit title-winning form to get themselves out of a mess.

Not convinced about that. Burnley are a point behind Everton, albeit having played one game more (but with better goal difference and far more experience of this sort of mess). They don’t need title-winning form to put daylight between them and The Ev - mid-table form would comfortably carry them to safety. 

12 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Villa became terrible because they spent loads of money, realised it wasn’t going to pay off with Champions League football, and then slowly cut back with the consequence that they became a much worse team. Throw in some terrible managerial choices and they eventually sank. 
Everton are more like Sunderland, who kept spending, had precisely zero strategy, and kept trying to reinvent themselves every 6-18 months.

Of course, only a scoundrel would compare any of Everton’s current players with Adam Johnson. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, dockers_strike said:

The shite fans wont like that!

Quite a few of them in that thread denying Usmanov ever put a penny into the club, and pretending that suspending the USM sponsorships means ending them. Which begs the question as to where the money they've pissed up the wall the last few years actually came from, because it certainly wasn't from their lovely Iranian's pocket.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Mudface said:

Quite a few of them in that thread denying Usmanov ever put a penny into the club, and pretending that suspending the USM sponsorships means ending them. Which begs the question as to where the money they've pissed up the wall the last few years actually came from, because it certainly wasn't from their lovely Iranian's pocket.

The rejection of the council loan is the one that’s puzzling me I must be honest