You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

3 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Amusing post of the day. Made me smile.

JelavicBrate2

Player Valuation: £2.5m
Tesco Meal Deal vs Kobe Beef Steak

it is a close run thing but the Tesco Meal Deal slightly edges it, due to its composure and leadership.

I think it just shows people how poor modern football is when somebody like Henderson is considered a quality player. The idea that Henderson can be compared to players like Gerrard, Alonso, Essien, Toure, Viera, Scholes, Carrick is just ridiculous. The same applies to James Milner a player who wasn't even that good in his prime, yet has somehow as he's got older turned into a allegedly world class player. Also is Mane better than Henry was in his prime? No. Is Firmino better than Rooney, Aguero, or Bergkamp were? No. Is Salah better than Ronaldo in his prime or even now? No. The only player in their team that is actually world class is VVD, all the others are pretty average.

We have world class players all over the first XI. This lad is surely mental or a Wum.

28 minutes ago, Anubis said:

JelavicBrate2

it is a close run thing but the Tesco Meal Deal slightly edges it, due to its composure and leadership.

I think it just shows people how poor modern football is when somebody like Henderson is considered a quality player. The idea that Henderson can be compared to players like Gerrard, Alonso, Essien, Toure, Viera, Scholes, Carrick is just ridiculous. The same applies to James Milner a player who wasn't even that good in his prime, yet has somehow as he's got older turned into a allegedly world class player. Also is Mane better than Henry was in his prime? No. Is Firmino better than Rooney, Aguero, or Bergkamp were? No. Is Salah better than Ronaldo in his prime or even now? No. The only player in their team that is actually world class is VVD, all the others are pretty average.

The power of nostalgia. Modern players looked down upon compared to former ones. The standard of player not just technically but physically in every single attribute in the premier league is higher now by light years. You have teams throughout the league with excellent players. The 90s was a fucking joke of shite English jobbers hungover who wouldn't get past the youth sides of today. Its embarrassing the standards they set to diminish Liverpool due to the sheer shitness of their own club.

What the fuck do Evertonians know about class players. Who was the last genuinely world class player whilst they playing for them?. 

They just celebrate mediocrity or players who "know what it means to play for Everton". 

They bang on about their 1985 team like they were a peak Barcelona or Milan side and just live in the past. 

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

What the fuck do Evertonians know about class players. Who was the last genuinely world class player whilst they playing for them?. 

They just celebrate mediocrity or players who "know what it means to play for Everton". 

They bang on about their 1985 team like they were a peak Barcelona or Milan side and just live in the past. 

Lukaku is the closest they've come, no one else springs to mind

13 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Class and dignity FC mate. 

15 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Even Lukaku would be quite the stretch for ‘world class’ - he was playing well for Everton and scoring goals, but nobody would have put him ahead of (or even alongside) Aguero, Messi, Neymar, Ronaldo - whether in his Blues days or even now. 

You could say Wayne Rooney I guess, but he was gone before his 19th birthday and later managed one ‘Meh’ season in his 30s once he was clearly past his best. Those three seasons saw him claim 28 goals in 117 games. This is not what I’d class as ‘world class’. Wax lyrical about his time for Man Utd if you want, all Everton saw of that was him kissing his badge for somebody else. 

Which leaves us scrambling around the fart end of their 1980s side. Lineker was brilliant but was gone after a single season following the 1986 World Cup. Sheedy, Ratcliffe, Steven, etc, were good players. But world class? At most I think you’re looking at Neville Southall and - utter legend though he is - by the time he left he was just shy of his 40th birthday, somehow still an Everton player only because they’d bought so many dreadful young keepers him who couldn’t actually do better than he could even as he expanded to the proportions of a mid-sized two-bed semi. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

1 hour ago, Anubis said:

JelavicBrate2

Whether he is right or wrong he,or she,forgets that its a team game and depending on Steven Gerrard to dig us out of the shit is now a memory. We have 11 players and subs who are making games seem like the opposition are playing fifteen men. Its the team element that has made us so bloody brilliant.

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Hahaha what 

I'm not saying he was world class for them but he seems by far their best player for the past 20 years. Maybe I've forgotten someone, I don't really pay much attention to them. 

2 hours ago, Anubis said:

JelavicBrate2

Well they know all about average players to be fair.

2 hours ago, Anubis said:

JelavicBrate2

You see that post is the beauty of Everton and why they bring us so much joy. Not only does that poster believe that, all of them agree. Their glasses are tinted so blue, they can't see anything. So when the gap between us and them sits at around 50 points in a year, they don't think it's because they're not very good. They look at us and think they're not far away and we're just a bit lucky. They buy someone quite ordinary and then measure them against one of ours players and believe they've closed the gap. It's like that lad from Barcelona they got, Gomez is it? They called him world class when he signed, he had about 15 good minutes at anfield and I'm not sure he's had a good game since. I won't won't even mention any more superstars they've bought since uncle uzzie  started slapping the money on the table, that's too easy. Jelavic, better than Suarez. Franny Jeffers the new Fowler. It's not a new thing. And when they did strike gold with Rooney they sold him before he'd scored as many goals as he had years alive. As the saying goes, it's the hope that kills you. They're so blinded, they're convinced they're a massive club who just need the odd player and a bit of luck.... Until it goes wrong again and they turn on each other and their players and that happens very quickly. The bloke whose just been hired by Barcelona wasn't good enough for them..

I fucking love Everton me. I spend a lot of time wishing they'd go down, how great it would be to lose their bitterness. But honestly I want them to just stay exactly where they are, on this nothing existence, the most pointless club that's ever existed being absolutely tortured by living in the shadow of their bastard child. Keep us laughing blues, you're a fucking joy even in a period where football is great for us.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 10

2 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

The power of nostalgia. Modern players looked down upon compared to former ones. The standard of player not just technically but physically in every single attribute in the premier league is higher now by light years. You have teams throughout the league with excellent players. The 90s was a fucking joke of shite English jobbers hungover who wouldn't get past the youth sides of today. Its embarrassing the standards they set to diminish Liverpool due to the sheer shitness of their own club.

Mate, I think The Guest has hacked your account.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

We have had at least 20 world class players since their last one (Southall)

And that kind of doesn't even matter. This team has more world class players than they've had since I've gone the match every week in 76. These days I can be quite ignorant of other talents around the world but when I look at significant parts of our current team, it's just full of world class players, no matter what your definition. 

Alisson - who compares to him? Oblak is pretty fucking brilliant, but his all round game isn't as good. But they're the best 2 keepers in the world.

Trent - best right back in the world. No question.

Robbo - different talent to Trent, but which left back are better anywhere? Davies is pretty smart, anyone else at that level? I've not seen him.

VVD. Say no more. 

Fabinho - there's not a lot of great people in his role globally that I can see. I'm not as sold on fabinho as many, he's good, but I'm not certain of world class, well until i try and think of someone better in his position. Fernandinho 12 months ago. Busquets a few years back? But who now? For me he's the leading player in that position

The front 3 - mane and Salah just are world class. There's simply no question. Firmino, I think maybe is wonderful for us, but he plays a role that I can see why you can see he's brilliant, you could perhaps say he's not world class and be seen externally as world class. He's still Brazil's number 9, which is normally not a duff arse. 

That's 7 of just this team. And there's others from midfield in different ways, Henderson as a good captain. Gini for me is the most tactically astute player we have. And he's a key reason of how we beat the press when we're playing top quality pressing teams. The better city play against us, the better Gini plays because he has to. 

The top and bottom of it is we're full of world class players. The closest they've seen one who hasn't been playing for the other team was an emerging Rooney 16/17 years ago. 

21 minutes ago, The Gaul said:

And that kind of doesn't even matter. This team has more world class players than they've had since I've gone the match every week in 76. These days I can be quite ignorant of other talents around the world but when I look at significant parts of our current team, it's just full of world class players, no matter what your definition. 

Alisson - who compares to him? Oblak is pretty fucking brilliant, but his all round game isn't as good. But they're the best 2 keepers in the world.

Trent - best right back in the world. No question.

Robbo - different talent to Trent, but which left back are better anywhere? Davies is pretty smart, anyone else at that level? I've not seen him.

VVD. Say no more. 

Fabinho - there's not a lot of great people in his role globally that I can see. I'm not as sold on fabinho as many, he's good, but I'm not certain of world class, well until i try and think of someone better in his position. Fernandinho 12 months ago. Busquets a few years back? But who now? For me he's the leading player in that position

The front 3 - mane and Salah just are world class. There's simply no question. Firmino, I think maybe is wonderful for us, but he plays a role that I can see why you can see he's brilliant, you could perhaps say he's not world class and be seen externally as world class. He's still Brazil's number 9, which is normally not a duff arse. 

That's 7 of just this team. And there's others from midfield in different ways, Henderson as a good captain. Gini for me is the most tactically astute player we have. And he's a key reason of how we beat the press when we're playing top quality pressing teams. The better city play against us, the better Gini plays because he has to. 

The top and bottom of it is we're full of world class players. The closest they've seen one who hasn't been playing for the other team was an emerging Rooney 16/17 years ago. 

Hendo has turned into a world all around class player. He’s very good and he’s showing the way. He’s our leader. We are not as good without him. When the best team in the world misses a player, it clearly means that bloke is a super star even though he doesn’t look or behave like one. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

According to the Mirror, the shite have put a £143m transfer value on Richarlison. Say fucking what!?!

It’s the value to them rather than anyone else, like Palace slapping an £80m value on Zaha last year.

1 hour ago, Anubis said:

Probably bought into Bill’s bullshit. Never traded in Curly Wurlies before, Don Carlo?

screenshot_20200823_102333-jpg.98254

Ancelotti is getting frustrated with something that doesn't exist? The Everton Way.

Hahaha the club is run by conmen and snake oil salesman.There is zero ambition at the club and they use Liverpool to deflect from there own failures. 

If that club was run right with ambition it could become a successful club again. I used to have a big soft spot for Everton when I was younger and actually celebrated their 95 cup final win. 

I have nothing against the club per say but their horrible, bitter, deluded fans deserve to wallow in their despair.