You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

2 hours ago, Redder Lurtz said:

Just the 6 games in a row without a win then. How's their miraculous charge towards the top 6 going? 

Just a point above relegation with Luton having a game in hand on them, thankfully for them theyve got some fixtures theyll get some easier points in coming up and Luton have a fairly hard run.

3 hours ago, Harry Squatter said:

I don't understand why politicians involve themselves in shite like this. Like when an MP used parliamentary privilege to name Ryan Giggs in the House of Commons when he had an injunction out against the press. Surely there's more important things to sort out.

Grandstanding or deflecting from a more relevant issue that needs pushing off the agenda.

41 minutes ago, Frank Dacey said:

For a fanbase that's supposed, 'to know your history', they seem remarkably ignorant of it. They ae actually in the top 5 clubs for picking up most top flight points, behind us, Arsenal and United, but certainly ahead of City and Chelsea. I'm old enough to remember the time in the early 60s when they were called the Bank of England club, due to their spending, which bought them a league title in 1963. I can remember the vibrant young Everton which won the League in 1970 and which, I feared, would go on to dominate the next few years. They were one of the 'big 5' which set up the Premier League. Their current state is entirely of their own making and nothing to do with FFP.

The Mersey millionaires. 

35 minutes ago, razor said:

Dock them more points.

Go on, do it.  DO IT!  Fais le.  FAIS LE!  DO IT!  DO IT!!!!!!!!!!

Southern Comfort

Nice one.

As obscure references go, that's right up there.

I haven't watched that movie in decades.

Might have to try and find it, as I thought it was quite good.

• Like 1

For their own clubs safety they need demoting a few leagues so they realise their position and act accordingly. Rules designed to protect clubs were ignored trying to speed up success at others expense. The only way to save them is from themselves and that means league 2.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

For their own clubs safety they need demoting a few leagues so they realise their position and act accordingly. Rules designed to protect clubs were ignored trying to speed up success at others expense. The only way to save them is from themselves and that means league 2.

I agree, and I have only their best interests at heart.

Currently halfway through an entire rewatch of Game of Thrones. Only just realised that Janos Slynt is 100% an Evertonian. The only scouse accent in the entire cast and he's a bitter, hateful little turd of a man. Would definitely use a child as a human shield in a fight and would almost certainly boo the brothers of the Night's Watch if they were getting beat in a scrap against the Wildlings. Proper blooshite cunt. 

S4_Slynt_HD.png

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Redder Lurtz said:

Currently halfway through an entire rewatch of Game of Thrones. Only just realised that Janos Slynt is 100% an Evertonian. The only scouse accent in the entire cast and he's a bitter, hateful little turd of a man. Would definitely use a child as a human shield in a fight and would almost certainly boo the brothers of the Night's Watch if they were getting beat in a scrap against the Wildlings. Proper blooshite cunt. 

S4_Slynt_HD.png

Plus the bald dome head. I think I’ve seen him driving a Delta in Bootle. He won’t even let Jon talk about the red wedding.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 2

The fact both clubs have both defence and mitigation prepared demonstrate they both know they’ve been doing shit they shouldn’t.

In Everton’s case the bleating over the ten point deduction now takes on an added dimension.

They were clearly only expecting a fine, so appear to have carried on business as usual in the next accounting period believing that they’d only be fined, and so any new breach would also only attract a fine. Then, hey presto, they’re ten points on the hole and suddenly shitting it for a second breach. Better whip up the mutants, pronto.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Anubis said:

The fact both clubs have both defence and mitigation prepared demonstrate they both know they’ve been doing shit they shouldn’t.

In Everton’s case the bleating over the ten point deduction now takes on an added dimension.

They were clearly only expecting a fine, so appear to have carried on business as usual in the next accounting period believing that they’d only be fined, and so any new breach would also only attract a fine. Then, hey presto, they’re ten points on the hole and suddenly shitting it for a second breach. Better whip up the mutants, pronto.

What do you reckon it will be?

14 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

What do you reckon it will be?

I suppose that depends on the amount they are over the limit. I’d imagine any tribunal would apply a similar formula.

Although it may be moot if they go into administration as that’s an automatic 9 point deduction.

• Like 1