You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

4 hours ago, Anubis said:

If anyone wants to see group insanity in action, click into this thread….

This is a good idea, but why stop there?  Ban Sky cameras, too.  Obviously, that would mean losing their share of the Sky money, but I'm sure their sponsorship would understand that principles are more important.

Screenshot_2023-12-08-18-46-34-89_0b2fce7a16bf2b728d6ffa28c8d60efb.jpg

2 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

This is a good idea, but why stop there?  Ban Sky cameras, too.  Obviously, that would mean losing their share of the Sky money, but I'm sure their sponsorship would understand that principles are more important.

Screenshot_2023-12-08-18-46-34-89_0b2fce7a16bf2b728d6ffa28c8d60efb.jpg

They could always refuse to go to the game and starve those big bad premier league men of their money? Ditto shirts and merchandise.

Fucking hell, watching The Last Leg and they have a Dick of the Year award, each host nominates their own choice, I think Sunak, Musk and other obvious people got nominated. The viewers choice must have been hijacked by Everton fans because the head of the PL got nominated, Richard somebody or other. Even Adam Hills referenced Everton fans and the points deduction and said nobody would know who it was, (he meant the guy from the PL not Everton)

9 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

Fucking hell, watching The Last Leg and they have a Dick of the Year award, each host nominates their own choice, I think Sunak, Musk and other obvious people got nominated. The viewers choice must have been hijacked by Everton fans because the head of the PL got nominated, Richard somebody or other. Even Adam Hills referenced Everton fans and the points deduction and said nobody would know who it was, (he meant the guy from the PL not Everton)

Just seen that myself, fucking lunatics.

21 minutes ago, Elite said:

Their fanbase is completely bipolar. They don't have a baseline of emotion. It's either in the depths of despair or totally unrealistic optimism.

To be fair, all fanbases have that element. Aside from being cheated by PGMOL, we haven't lost a league game for 7 months, but just wait till we do! 

27 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Them and teams with such a rich European history as Slovan Bratislava and FC Magdeburg, who were also former giants of the European Cup Winners Cup.

I like to rate their European pedigree by looking at the teams that they've beaten - Bayern Munich and a bunch of no-marks.  By that measure, they're up there with Norwich City.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I like to rate their European pedigree by looking at the teams that they've beaten - Bayern Munich and a bunch of no-marks.  By that measure, they're up there with Norwich City.

And it was not the behemoth Bayern you think of today, they had not won the Bundesliga for 3 years and not been in the top three the previous 2 years hence them being in the CWC.

I was out for a pre-Xmas bevvy with two mates today, both blues. We met up in Doctor Duncan’s as I wanted to catch our match. Not the best boozer to watch the match in as they didn’t have any sound on. Anyway towards the end of the match one of my blue mates starts saying, this is two points dropped and how it would cost us. I just said it’s not finished yet and knowing the reds we’ll get a winner. My other blue mate had his head in his hands at this point as he’s seen this movie before. Oh how I laughed when Harvey banged in the winner. It was part bravado from me, but I couldn’t believe he’d allowed me to make a mug out him, they never learn.

• Upvote 5

Honestly today was the most fun I’ve had in ages. I never mentioned the points deduction, I let them bring it up. They were absolutely fuming when I said they deserved the points deduction and were lucky it had arrived in a season where it probably won’t affect them. They kept going about how they were being punished for building a new stadium. I just said they took the piss with the Covid losses, had ignored the PL when they were told to sell players, which they did but then used the proceeds to buy more players and stay up at the expense of clubs who stayed within the rules. I also told them to read the articles by Sam Wallace and Jonathan Northcroft, but they just said they must be Koppite cunts. I was just laughing at how outraged they were.

And to top everything off, we went our separate ways at around 8pm. One of them lives in Ormskirk and he messaged me and my other mate to say he’d been turned away from Moorfields station for being unsteady on his feet and had to walk up to Central Station. Laugh? I nearly shit.

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 2

They've been on Twitter all day outraged at the biased refereeing in our game. However they didn't mention the penalty given against us after 2 minutes of play before reviewing it, the fact that ayew got 2 stupid yellows for cynical fouls and Ward nearly breaking Curtis Jones leg whilst on a yellow before Salah scored. If Salah didn't score it would have been a pen and he'd be off. 

But it's all corrupt to favour the Sky 6 even though Chelsea are 10th and Villa are 3rd. Weird the way it wasn't corrupt when McCallister was sent off against Bournemouth and they stayed silent after the Spurs game. 

They are now sucking up to Palace fans like they are with Wolves. 

2 hours ago, Vincent Vega said:

And to top everything off, we went our separate ways at around 8pm. One of them lives in Ormskirk and he messaged me and my other mate to say he’d been turned away from Moorfields station for being unsteady on his feet and had to walk up to Central Station. Laugh? I nearly shit.

Excellent.

I was bollocksed coming through Moorfields last week and all I got was "Do you mind using the lift instead of the escalator".  At least your mate had a nice bracing walk in this delightful weather.

• Upvote 1