You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

In terms of number of top flight points gained, they are the fourth most successful club in English football. but just like the fifth best club (Villa), their best days are behind them. Of course, if you did an average of top flight points per season, the outcome would be rather different because, as they never tire of pointing out, it's so long since they were relegated, literally a lifetime in my case.

8 hours ago, sir roger said:

I do't think they will go down, but if they do their finances will be ripped to pieces by the Lower league management who don't have the same blase attitude to FFP, see Derby for details.

I fear for them, I really do.

Yeah, me too......

weekend-party.gif

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Chocoholic said:

Such a pity they didn't get Robbie Keane instead of us. It would've been poetic justice had he signed for his boyhood club and turn out to be dogshit for them.

What's that whooshing sound?

I thought he was gonna be a great signing for us 

4 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I think I've mentioned before that the only big team they have ever beaten in Europe is Bayern that one time.

Basically, they've got the European pedigree of Norwich.

I was speaking to some evertonian in work who went to that university College of Dublin game in 1985. Basically they all went over on the piss and smashed up a load of ferries and some of them got turned back because they were all being cunts.

The game was at a place similar to the athletic stadium in Wavertree and they drew 0-0, loads were turned away as the ground was too small. They only won the home game 1 nil with about 9000 fans there and UCD hit the bar with about 5 minutes to go and would have gone through on away goals. 

5 hours ago, Harry Squatter said:

I was speaking to some evertonian in work who went to that university College of Dublin game in 1985. Basically they all went over on the piss and smashed up a load of ferries and some of them got turned back because they were all being cunts.

The game was at a place similar to the athletic stadium in Wavertree and they drew 0-0, loads were turned away as the ground was too small. They only won the home game 1 nil with about 9000 fans there and UCD hit the bar with about 5 minutes to go and would have gone through on away goals. 

Ferry's needed to return to load up with police as other passengers were terrified. Same season as 'Aysel', when they were unjustly (apparently) banned from Europe, along with the rest of English football, for THEIR OWN FAN'S BEHAVIOR. 

All initiated as European football was so scared of the football behemoth they were destined to become. 

12 hours ago, Harry Squatter said:

Ha, just checking UCD wikipedia page and it's obvious some blue has been on there:

The draw pitted them against Everton, then one of the leading sides in England and boasting players of the calibre of Neville Southall, Kevin Sheedy, Graham Sharp, Peter Reid and Andy Gray. The home leg was played in Tolka Park and a crowd of 9,000 – many times UCD's average league crowd – saw the Students come away with a scarcely believable 0–0 draw. Another remarkable performance was to follow two weeks later as a solitary Graham Sharp goal gave Everton a 1–0 win. Joe Hanrahan skimmed the bar for the Students late on; had he scored, UCD would have progressed on away goals – as it was, Everton went on to win the entire competition, and smashed several records in winning their nation's league title

I think that needs editing...

Been watching loads of 60s and 70s games and pretty much the majority of top sides back then,probably barring Everton and United,singing You'll Never Walk Alone. Tottenham,Chelsea,West Ham plus Midlands teams too. It is universally recognised by the Football world while hardly anybody outside of the UK knows the theme of a short lived BBC drama set on the outskirts of Liverpool,Lancashire at the time.

1 hour ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Been watching loads of 60s and 70s games and pretty much the majority of top sides back then,probably barring Everton and United,singing You'll Never Walk Alone. Tottenham,Chelsea,West Ham plus Midlands teams too. It is universally recognised by the Football world while hardly anybody outside of the UK knows the theme of a short lived BBC drama set on the outskirts of Liverpool,Lancashire at the time.

Well Watford 

4 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Can't tell if this is a pisstake.

Screenshot_20221121-164655_Facebook.jpg

Hahahahahaha.  They’re like your little brother who happens to win at kerbie by a fluke and they never shut up about it.  

If this makes them happy so be it. 

• Upvote 1