You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Everyone seems to be taking it as red that they've got loads (at least a substantial amount) of money to spend. They honestly may not have anything to spend. Wenger isn't stupid, and he's always replaced outgoing players. You don't just suddenly change your philosophy, and he's known for some time that Fabregas and Nasri were Mcgoff. I don't think he wouldn't have bought any replacements if he had the choice.

but if he didn't have money why would he spunk 12million on a 17 year from league one

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not too sure of their net spend figures since they left Highbury, but they must have spent a fair bit less than they've earned. I don't understand him spending 12 million on an inexperienced kid from the lower leagues either when they are desparate for experienced players to go straight into their first 11 and make a difference. Only Wenger or probably someone from the Arsenal board could answer that question honestly.

I am unsure about their finances but since their new stadium they have had to be more prudent. Just to think they could have had Xabi and Pepe if they had upped their bids just to name a few we know of. Apparently they made an 8million bid for Phil Jones in Jan and were told they could have him for ten, we all know what happened next.

Football is weird Arsne is classed as the villain for watching the pennys and City are being praised for their bold exorbitant spending.

Wenger's now down to 3/1 second favourite to be the next manager to leave - he was 33/1 before the start of the season. I can't see him resigning and I'd be extremely surprised if he was sacked, though. Perhaps a move 'upstairs' to a director of football position with a new, younger first team coach/manager might be the most diplomatic way forward.

Guest ian garro

That "performance", no matter who they had out, injured, suspended or whatever, was fucking pathetic. No pride whatso-fucking-ever. They should be ashamed of themselves.

Djourou and Koscielny are the worst centre back partnership I think I've ever seen in the Premiership, with each of them trying to prove they are a bigger, dozier fuck than the other. The young lad at right-back maybe shite, but fucking hell, he needed someone to help him through the game there - none of them were either able or bothered about doing that. Arshavin is the least arsed player I've ever seen.

It was also no surprise to see a raft of fresh 'injuries' pop up, prior to this game, when they knew they were on a hiding. Gutless. I would be fucking livid, if I were one of their supporters. Of course, it's always a bit of a disadvantage, when your game plan primarily consists of not tackling.

One of the problems Arsenal now face is the realistic fact they Champions League football is not a certainty so the board have to be careful regards allowing too much cash to leave the club.

When Arsenal moved to the new ground it was more or less set in stone that every season they would be in the Champions League because in all fairness it was only Man United, Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool fighting it out to see who would finish in what position in the top four.

The problem is the arrival of Man City and the imrpovement of Spurs meant that if you were in the top four and stood still you got overtaken.

It happened with us and the same could well now happen to Arsenal.

If i was the owner of Arsenal i would know that Man Utd, Man City and Chelsea are certain to be top four so its between Arsenal, Liverpool and possibly Spurs for the last place.

Can they risk spending cash when they realistically could be without the £30m cash from the Champions League next season especially when they still have the new ground to pay for.

I consider a player to be "world class" if they are worthy of a regular starting place in any team in the world. Six or seven years ago the Goons had at least six or seven such players. Right now there's Van Persie and that's it. If I were his agent, I'd start considering the January window.

That "performance", no matter who they had out, injured, suspended or whatever, was fucking pathetic. No pride whatso-fucking-ever. They should be ashamed of themselves.

Djourou and Koscielny are the worst centre back partnership I think I've ever seen in the Premiership, with each of them trying to prove they are a bigger, dozier fuck than the other. The young lad at right-back maybe shite, but fucking hell, he needed someone to help him through the game there - none of them were either able or bothered about doing that. Arshavin is the least arsed player I've ever seen.

It was also no surprise to see a raft of fresh 'injuries' pop up, prior to this game, when they knew they were on a hiding. Gutless. I would be fucking livid, if I were one of their supporters. Of course, it's always a bit of a disadvantage, when your game plan primarily consists of not tackling.

you've never seen Koscielny and Squilacci then?!

I consider a player to be "world class" if they are worthy of a regular starting place in any team in the world. Six or seven years ago the Goons had at least six or seven such players. Right now there's Van Persie and that's it. If I were his agent, I'd start considering the January window.

I wouldn't even put rvp in that bracket on that reasoning, easily a handful of strikers who would start before him every time.

Arsenal need at least 4 new top quality players, but I think arse is either too stubborn or is trying to make some sort of point in an almost rafaesque way.

He needs to sort his head out and get spending because right now they are barely a top 6 team.

I remember a game where we played Sheff Wed away I think it was and Ruddock AND Wright both scored OG's!

did we once play a derby match with Diao at right back and Biscan and Traore at centre back, and won as well, thats how shit Everton are if we did play that backline

Guest San Don
I am unsure about their finances but since their new stadium they have had to be more prudent. Just to think they could have had Xabi and Pepe if they had upped their bids just to name a few we know of. Apparently they made an 8million bid for Phil Jones in Jan and were told they could have him for ten, we all know what happened next.

Football is weird Arsne is classed as the villain for watching the pennys and City are being praised for their bold exorbitant spending.

Its a question of degrees though, isnt it?

There's the question of offering low amount as arsenal have done (reported 6m upfront for cahill, a player valued by his club at around 15m - 16m) and obscene amounts that city are giving.

But hey, at the end of the day I dont give a fuck. If arsenal dont buy, they'll suffer and less competition for us. Plus, gooners have become far too arrogant. Serves them right getting fucked over.

Strange how many of them are turning against the professor, though!

did i just hear right that Theo Walcott has an autobiography out?!

a 22 year old(there or thereabouts) who has won nothing and been absolute shite in all but about 3 games in his entire career as well as coming across as an extremely boring character, who the fuck would buy that

did i just hear right that Theo Walcott has an autobiography out?!

a 22 year old(there or thereabouts) who has won nothing and been absolute shite in all but about 3 games in his entire career as well as coming across as an extremely boring character, who the fuck would buy that

It'll be Michael Dawson next.

Yes he has an autobigraphy out and because he probably thought who would buy it and he wouldn't make any money on it, he decided to slag off the current England manager! Other people have written some iffy things about past England managers but they don't give a fuck as a new guy is in charge but no this prick who still wants to play for England decides that a good move would be to tear into his England boss in his book! You couldn't make it up! If this guy wasn't half decent at football he would be saying "any fries with that?"

Arsenal today looked like Liverpool under Uncle Roy last season i wonder what remady they will go for change of manager or influx of new players something will have to give they didnt want to know today even before the goals started to go in

I was thinking about this earlier, I think they are only going to regress if Wenger sticks with his ridiculous policies but then out of who's available the only stand out names are the likes of Ancelotti and Rafa who would both need an almost complete revamp of the squad in order to get some tactically intelligant players in there which would take time and make them even less of an atractive proposition than they are now whereas the top bracket of employed managers wouldn't even consider Arsenal so i think they'd end up going for Deschamps or someone of that ilk not proven in a top league which is always a risk.

Just shows what can happen when you stay at a club too long. Clough did it, Nicholson did it, Stein did it and now Wenger has done it. I feel this has been coming for quite a few years. His second team have beaten some Championship team in the Cups and the press have screamed Arsenal's youngsters are gonna rule The Premier League for years but they have no chance.

Wenger has stubbornly refused to accept that his team are not up to it. He has fucked Arshavin up. He was a little magician 3 years ago, he walloped 4 in a game past Pepe and now look at him. A central attacking midfielder being used as a left winger has completely finished him.

He waited until the season started to offload Fabregas and Nasri when we all knew they wanted to be off and now they got a team so weak it's embarrassing. All his players are technically great but that's only half the game. They are also mentally weak and so will always be lacking.

When he signed that 18 year old from Southampton that really just about did it. That's his typical signing isn't it. He should have gone to manage Real Madrid a few years ago to get a new challenge. He has lost the plot now and looks like a guy who has no answers anymore.

David Pleat said on TV commentary today that on Arsenal's bench was some young Turkish lad. United had Giggs and Park. A few years back they reckoned that kid Vela was gonna be something special. They just loaned him to some Spanish club for the whole season so that's how close he is to Arsenal's team.