You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Agger: I would never sign for...

Lapskaus

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AGGER: `WE WERE SHIT' (pulled from Football365 -- no source listed/author)

Daniel Agger has delivered a damning verdict of Roy Hodgson's time in charge of Liverpool admitting "we were shit".

Hodgson was sacked after just six months in charge at Anfield after a string of below-par performances and disappointing results.

Agger has made his blunt assessment of Hodgson's tenure after trying to find reasons for former Liverpool star Fernando Torres' wretched form before his £50million move to Chelsea.

The Danish international claims it was difficult for Torres to shine for the Reds because the entire team struggled under Hodgson's short spell in charge.

Agger said: "That is a big question, isn't it? How to explain that. Look at the team - we played awful, we were s***".

"And he [Torres] is a part of the team, so when everything is playing well, he plays a lot better. It is the same for everybody, for me, for Stevie [Gerrard], it is the same.

"When the team are performing, when you look at every single player they are playing better. But when we are losing, everybody is on top of us, everybody is playing bad."

Agger has no complaints over Torres' controversial switch to rivals Chelsea and he backed new signings Luis Suarez and Andy Carroll to help fill the void left by Torres' departure.

"All the Liverpool players wish him all the best," added Agger. "Liverpool got a lot of money for him, so why shouldn't we wish him all the best?

"If the player doesn't want to be there any more, there is no reason to keep him. I think everyone at Melwood liked him and still like him because he is a good guy and wish him all the best in a blue shirt, except against us!

"It is a big, big gap to fill, but Carroll has shown he can score goals at the top level. We will have to wait until he is fit, but hopefully him and Luis will be great signing for us, because that will be another thing which will help us towards our targets."

Agger also believes he is close to full sharpness now after putting injury problems behind him.

"I had injuries. I have played a few games in a row now and have started getting the feeling back of playing football," continued Agger.

"I have been in England now for five years and I know it is a tough, demanding game.

"I think I am the first to say how annoying it is to be injured but it is a part of me so I have to adapt to that and have to give everything when I am fit."

Agger has always been ace, a loyal and talented servant, shame about the injuries but he still has many years ahead of him and I hope he wins lots of trophies with us

lets not forget defenders improve with age and experience. it's hard to imagine he's been here 5 years now..

• 6 months later...

Just nicked these stats off YNWA. Think he's our best defender by a mile now.

Since Kenny got here :

Played 11 conceded 4 with him. And 1 of those was a corrupt penalty at Old Trafford and 2 others were when we had Jova and Poulsen in the team at Blackpool.

Played 15 conceded 16 without.

Last 9 games, 0 v Arsenal, 1 v Sunderland, 0 v Sunderland, 0 v Sparta, 0 v Chelsea, 0 v Stoke, 0 v Fulham, 0 v Wolves, 0 v Everton though he went off at half time and we fell apart.

Since Kenny got here :

Played 11 conceded 4 with him. And 1 of those was a corrupt penalty at Old Trafford and 2 others were when we had Jova and Poulsen in the team at Blackpool.

Last 9 games, 0 v Arsenal, 1 v Sunderland, 0 v Sunderland, 0 v Sparta, 0 v Chelsea, 0 v Stoke, 0 v Fulham, 0 v Wolves, 0 v Everton though he went off at half time and we fell apart.

Partnerships are more important than individuals. Look at Skrtel alongside Carragher vs. alongside Soto.

I think he's our best central defender too, but you mustn't underestimate how much easier it is to play alongside carragher than any of the others.

He is our only CB who can use the ball effectively from that position. IMO if he stays fit (which he wont) then it removes the requirement to have an orthodox defensive CM player allowing us to play a CM pairing of Adam and Gerrard with Downing and Henderson/Kuyt.

Since Kenny got here :

Confirms his quality. Himself and Carra are our best partnership by a long distance.

I just hope he stays fit.

He's Alan Hansen trapped in the (admittedly injury prone) body of a Hell's Angel.

Partnerships are more important than individuals. Look at Skrtel alongside Carragher vs. alongside Soto.

I think he's our best central defender too, but you mustn't underestimate how much easier it is to play alongside carragher than any of the others.

smh.

We'd need to see him and Skrtel playing alongside each other first to draw such a definitive conclusion.

article-0-0D1C024B000005DC-271_634x937.jpg
Missed this first time around.

Now I'm not gay or nothing but fuck me that is one beautiful picture right there. His back. Jesus, his back. And the way his shorts are just beginning to come down. Phwoooaaarrrrrrrrr. They wouldn't be just beginning to come down if I got my hands on him. Oh no.

I'd be a very happy bunny if Ag made me gag. See what I did there?

Missed this first time around.

Now I'm not gay or nothing but fuck me that is one beautiful picture right there. His back. Jesus, his back. And the way his shorts are just beginning to come down. Phwoooaaarrrrrrrrr. They wouldn't be just beginning to come down if I got my hands on him. Oh no.

I'd be a very happy bunny if Ag made me gag. See what I did there?

Best post this summer.

• 12 years later...
  • 5 weeks later...