You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Somthing big on Guardian at 5.30

Lee909

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So this is how it works in journalism these days.

1. Post something about major news on twitter.

2. Get loads of people clicking on the website and create revenue.

3. Post some made up shite, with not even minor interest .

What was it last time when The Times did the same thing 1-2 weeks ago, it was a complete nothing story, thats what it was.

I doubt any other type of business could get away with it. Misleading advertising surely. No paper has a monopoly on it, they are all at it.

As I said earlier (about an hr or so ago) they are the two things I have been hearing as possiblities (Man U takeover or Everton in trouble though I doubt the Everton rumour is true)

Qatari people - rich as fuck (£2b takeover they reckon meh).

I would hate to be right but I just have this bad feeling.

Not sure the Holloway thing would be "MASSIVE" news though its not like he would walk ..atleast not till Adam is sold =p

James Richardson being given the sky gig for the weekend?

Don't think James Richardson sitting in Wigan town centre with a cornetto would have the same impact as reading the gazetta dello sport with an espresso and huge slab of cake in the Galleria Vittorio Emanuel.

Guest davelfc

If it's a big (major) story then it will not be about a club up north, more likely a little story about one of the clubs in the capital.

Oh and probably just a story with little or no substance anyway.

BBC have just put this on. its probly this

BBC Sport - Football - Blackpool fined £25,000 by Premier League

Blackpool have been fined £25,000 by the Premier League for fielding a weakened team in a league game against Aston Villa on 10 November.

The Seasiders boss made 10 changes to the side that drew 2-2 against Everton at Bloomfield Road the Saturday before.

Blackpool manager Ian Holloway had threatened to resign if the club were fined, later saying: "I'm the manager and I manage the players how I want."

The Seasiders have 14 days to decide whether to appeal against the fine.

More to follow.