You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

He looks a decent player and seems to have improved dramatically over the last 12 months.

But I actually think the Youth team (FA Youth Cup as opposed to the Academy side) would function better without him in that it would allow Suso to play as a proper number 10 rather than wide.

Understand totally what you are saying, but I think personally, that Borrell feels Adorjan is the better option in the hole at this moment in time, in preference to Suso. Every cup game so far has seen Adorjan in that role, and I don't expect that to change, barring injury or suspension. I'd like to see Adorjan and Suso being a little more fluid when playing, interchanging their respective roles when the game dictates.

I have no doubt that, longer term, Suso will be the player to break through, and he'll do so in a central role, whilst Adorjan would be one of those that may or may not make it here.

For me, right now, Adorjan has done a grand job in his role, and hasn't really gotten the recognition that others in the Youth Cup side have received.

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A lad who is playing really well in that youth set up but doesn't seem to get the recognition others get in my opinion, is Kristzian Adorjan.

Technically sound, good vision, passes the ball well and pops up with a few goals here and there. He's very adapt in his role behind a central striker, and is involved in just about every attacking move.

Good player in my eyes, and a key member of this successful youth side.

He looks a decent player and seems to have improved dramatically over the last 12 months.

But I actually think the Youth team (FA Youth Cup as opposed to the Academy side) would function better without him in that it would allow Suso to play as a proper number 10 rather than wide.

I'd deffo be starting Adjoran as me number 10 over Suso. That ain't a dig at Suso but Adjoran is just boss. I reckon he'll get better and better once he's playing with players with more in game intelligence and experience. His vision is stunningly good at times.

i'm going to the game on sunday and i urge all fans to turn up and support the lads. I think we'll rip United apart. Crewe beat them 5-1 recently we turned Crewe over 2-1 away from home. Stoke drew with them 2-2 at the weekend, we destroyed Stoke 4-1. I reckon the team will be

Belford

Flanaghan Wisdom Sama Robinson (if fit)

Coady Roddan

Suso Adjoran Sterling

Morgan

I think Ngoo can make the United game, not sure though.

I would rather use McGiverron , and then use Wisdom on the midfield. Not because of Roddan's performances, but because you shouldn't change a back four which plays well together.

This team is quite amazing, a player like Toni Silva, is not even included in the pre-match discussion!

I think Ngoo can make the United game, not sure though.

I would rather use McGiverron , and then use Wisdom on the midfield. Not because of Roddan's performances, but because you shouldn't change a back four which plays well together.

This team is quite amazing, a player like Toni Silva, is not even included in the pre-match discussion!

Ngoo has no chance of being involved mate. He is out a fair while. Simply cant play in a game of this importance for the young lads..

As for Andre Wisdom. A beast of a center back and he has to start their ahead of McGovern. He is captain of the reserves in that posiiton.

Yes, but Wisdom is more versatile , last year he even played at the right winger, and he was outstanding! But if Jack Robbo is out for this one, I think we'll put McGiveron at the left back , Brad Smith is not ready for this yet.

Good point mate but i cant see Rodolfo changing personel in midfield or attack. Suso and Sterling out wide with Coady and Roddan in midfield with Adjoran supporting Adam Morgan. The only change if Robbo is fit will be Wisdom for McGovern i feel

Can't wait for this. Had a good laugh at the last game and already looking forward to going to this one.

I would be starting Wisdom in the centre of defence for this game ahead of McGiveron. I just hope Sterling doesn't come under too much abuse from their right back and centre backs to the extent that they just start taking swipes at him.

I just hope Sterling doesn't come under too much abuse from their right back and centre backs to the extent that they just start taking swipes at him.

Mate, Sterling can handle it, promise me, he's used to get kicked and held by the opposition. :yes:

I'm fucking buzzing big time for this game, would be fantastic to see around 10 000 at Anfield , Sunday.

Mate, Sterling can handle it, promise me, he's used to get kicked and held by the opposition. :yes:

I'm fucking buzzing big time for this game, would be fantastic to see around 10 000 at Anfield , Sunday.

To be fair Cartman, you have gone from Morgan is a sunday league player to he is boss, in the space of about a game and a half. We will see.

Yeah good finisher Morgan. On Flanagan, didn't realise he was 18, he's got some filling out to do the boy but with a workrate like that I imagine it will naturally happen over the next two years.

he wont make it

he isnt good enough on the ball in my opinion.

loves a tackle, and shows great commitment and desire but i dont think he will make it in top glight football....

To be fair Cartman, you have gone from Morgan is a sunday league player to he is boss, in the space of about a game and a half. We will see.

To be fair, I said, either he's a fucking good footballer, and I was wrong, or he could be in fantastic form.

Anyone see the interview on LFC TV with Borrell? His English is mad but he makes some brilliant points.

I like his idea that he's like a sculpter and that basically inside every player as inside every piece of rock/marble/etc there is something of beauty waiting to be revealed, all he has to do is chip away at the bad parts till the good reveals itself.

Paraphrased:

If I have a players that are small but have vision and craft then I work on toughening them up. If I have players that are strong and fast then I work on their techincal abilities. By improving their weakness' they become stronger players and do what they already can do naturally.

It's a brilliant way to look at things and very much reminds me of Shankly in the sense that he used to say things like "go and drop a few handgrenades son",i.e go and do what we know you can do.

The vast improvement in our youth system is in no short part to Rafa Benitez and people like Borrell who he campaigned for.

Bump.

No game this weekend so no excuse for any locals not to get themselves to Anfield - although the kick-off time is a bit of a pisser.

12.00pm £4 in the Kop pay on the gate.

No Jack Robbo or Ngoo but the rest of the lads are worth £4 of anyone's cash and this team deserves to play in front of a decent crowd.

Plus - you might just get to see the mancs torn a new arsehole for the second time in a week.

Bump.

No game this weekend so no excuse for any locals not to get themselves to Anfield - although the kick-off time is a bit of a pisser.

12.00pm £4 in the Kop pay on the gate.

No Jack Robbo or Ngoo but the rest of the lads are worth £4 of anyone's cash and this team deserves to play in front of a decent crowd.

Plus - you might just get to see the mancs torn a new arsehole for the second time in a week.

You might want to put the day down for those that don't know.

Nice one for the info though.

Anyone see the interview on LFC TV with Borrell? His English is mad but he makes some brilliant points.

I like his idea that he's like a sculpter and that basically inside every player as inside every piece of rock/marble/etc there is something of beauty waiting to be revealed, all he has to do is chip away at the bad parts till the good reveals itself.

Paraphrased:

If I have a players that are small but have vision and craft then I work on toughening them up. If I have players that are strong and fast then I work on their techincal abilities. By improving their weakness' they become stronger players and do what they already can do naturally.

Wasn't that Segura?