You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He has a point. I wonder what Shankly would have said if somebody had told him:

"One day, people on the Kop will chant ridicule at the Liverpool manager in the middle of a game".

He wouldn't have believed it, I guarantee that. As bad as it has got this season under Hodgson, that was a disgrace. Some of our fans sunk to a new depth that night.

The reputation of Liverpool fans has taken decades to create and seconds to destroy.

So the reputation built upon us being knowledgeable fans, knowing a good team and a good manager has been destroyed by pointing out that our current team and manager meets neither of those criteria.

Riiiiigghhhhhhttttt.

Barclay probably think it was well deserved though, seeing he was universally known as an excellent manager in the summer, in fact so excellent that he only managed 1 win away from home in the league the same season and his team scored just 39 goals in 38 games the same as the season before.

The LMA award has been shown to totally favour British over foreign to a stupid extent. The award means nothing because of this.

Barclay in this piece has confirmed his stance as a bitter horrible liar who would rather write bile and rubbish instyead of act like a proper journo and deal in fact.

He is a joke and his opinion worthless. This article proves it. Utter joke of a man.

The LMA award has been shown to totally favour British over foreign to a stupid extent. The award means nothing because of this.

Barclay in this piece has confirmed his stance as a bitter horrible liar who would rather write bile and rubbish instyead of act like a proper journo and deal in fact.

He is a joke and his opinion worthless. This article proves it. Utter joke of a man.

Wenger is the only non british manager to win,

even Mourinho never won it

Barclay's wrong sometimes, and he's right sometimes. Just like all of us. His point about cycle and decay is bang on for me. It's incredibly sad, because I've been going to Anfield for 40 years, and it never dawned on me that fellow match going reds would humiliate our manager, no matter how inept, so publicly. I'm so glad there wasn't any of that shite there today.

Barclay's wrong sometimes, and he's right sometimes. Just like all of us. His point about cycle and decay is bang on for me. It's incredibly sad, because I've been going to Anfield for 40 years, and it never dawned on me that fellow match going reds would humiliate our manager, no matter how inept, so publicly. I'm so glad there wasn't any of that shite there today.

Hes talking out his arse, what was more Newcastle-like, appointing Roy or sacking him? I'd say appointing Roy. For Mike Ashley, read Purslow, except at least Ashley paid for the priviledge. If Guardiola left Barca tomorrow for whatever reason and they appointed Cruyff as caretaker, would he describe that as acting like Newcastle?

The chaps knows better so it must be because he's got an agenda as it's his mate.

If you've been going for 40 years - which I have no reason to doubt - how did you miss the latter days of Sounness and Houllier? There were elements of discontent during their final period and neither of those were as bad as Hodgson.

Perhaps your reading of this situation is one of those occassions where YOU are wrong.

Edited by Kennys_spell

Roy is just kopping it in a different way. Houllier got the "attack attack attack" chants of disapproval and Souness towards the end had "Souness for Everton" slung at him.

In Roy's case, I've never known any Liverpool manager receive such an underwhelming welcome. The truth is the he was a staggeringly bad choice.

Roy is just kopping it in a different way. Houllier got the "attack attack attack" chants of disapproval and Souness towards the end had "Souness for Everton" slung at him.

In Roy's case, I've never known any Liverpool manager receive such an underwhelming welcome. The truth is the he was a staggeringly bad choice.

I remember hearing "attack attack attack" in the 70s and the 80s lots of times - it was a great chant, and it got the players up for it. You must remember it when a cat got on the pitch and the fans were singing 'a cat a cat a cat a cat'.

I have to say my memory may be playing tricks on me but I honestly don't remember the 'Souness for Everton' chants. Hodgson's getting it in a way that is unprecedented, both in it's volume and in it's nastiness. Granted, it's been a crap appointment so far, but the levels that some of the fans have sunk to are new depths for Liverpool. There's no need for it, and it makes us as fans look shit.

I remember hearing "attack attack attack" in the 70s and the 80s lots of times - it was a great chant, and it got the players up for it. You must remember it when a cat got on the pitch and the fans were singing 'a cat a cat a cat a cat'.

I have to say my memory may be playing tricks on me but I honestly don't remember the 'Souness for Everton' chants. Hodgson's getting it in a way that is unprecedented, both in it's volume and in it's nastiness. Granted, it's been a crap appointment so far, but the levels that some of the fans have sunk to are new depths for Liverpool. There's no need for it, and it makes us as fans look shit.

This is something that happend to him before from his time at Blackburn. Theres a common denominator and it's not us.

BTW 'You're wife takes it up the arse' is nasty.

Some fans have been unbelievably nasty - uncalled for. Down to some Everton fans level - horrible to have to hear.

Hodgson doesn't deserve such visceral attacks - he isn't a bad fella all told. Just the wrong appointment.

Save the vitriol for where it belongs - right in Purslow's mush.