You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Fugitive

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good call. Just ordered some bean curd with green peppers in black bean sauce (yes, I'm the guy that likes tofu, if you ever wondered why it's on the menu), egg fried rice and "vegetarian appetiser" (kind of like an oriental version of a munchy box with spring rolls, tempura veg, seaweed and satay skewers)

Good call. Just ordered some bean curd with green peppers in black bean sauce (yes, I'm the guy that likes tofu, if you ever wondered why it's on the menu), egg fried rice and "vegetarian appetiser" (kind of like an oriental version of a munchy box with spring rolls, tempura veg, seaweed and satay skewers)

You disgust me.

Vegetarians... not to be trusted.

You might as well thank the Queen, as our 'Chinese' food is purpose made for us fat-loving English folk. Real Chinese food is cooked with oil and all sorts. My mate and his Mrs live over there and reckon it tastes like shite.

Real chinese food is fucking ace. I should know... I'm over here and eating real chinese food daily.

Was having a shit day yesterday - had to do property inspections in Hounslow which is a grim featureless place miles away. The person who was supposed to be driving phoned in sick at the last moment so I had to tramp around on foot in the cold. Was looking for somewhere for lunch and found a little Chinese with one of those £5 eat-all-you-want buffets. It transformed my whole day.

An egg is not a foetus. The clue is in the name - it's called "egg" and not "foetus".

Chickens lay eggs and if they're not fertilised, it's roughly analogous to a woman's menstruation. Yes, I am eating chicken periods, but no animal is being harmed or killed because the egg is not fertilised. :whatever:

I grew up looking at it from the Hindu perspective, which echoes Fuge's sentiments rather less graphically. There are days when I have to be strict (pure) vegetarian, so that counts out fish and eggs as well as meat. Also, vegetarians go out of their way to justify eating/not eating something.

Guest davelfc

Fucking veggies, (not the ones on here obviously) I'm generalising here but they're usually people who are starved of affection and want to be the centre of attention without having any other credible reason to be so.

You have a small party, get together etc and you have to consider 'Jane' because she doesn't eat meat, fish or some other combination that makes little sense. But you go to their house and it's all veggie food, they didn't consider me because I want steak.

Go into a vegetarian restaurant this week and ask for the meat alternative, don't worry about offending any of the diners, they'll be too fuckin weak to do anything.

Fuckin veggies.