You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Fringe

Elite

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is getting intense way earlier than I thought it would've done. The only thing I'm waiting to see now is how Olivia comes into all this. First we got used to the future and Etta was leading, now Peter's doing his stuff, but it's bugging me wondering what's going on with Olivia and her cortexiphan abilities. Surely we'll see eventually, but that might be saved for the last few episodes if so.

Loving every minute of this season. They have, given the time constraints, restricted the show to the pure storyline and it works so well. Although given the situation they are in I highly doubt they could do much more than this right now.

John Noble, for me at least, continues to brilliantly excel over the rest. And that ain't a dig at anyone else in it.

The only frustration right now is the slightly fucked up way the final seven will air. We have one this week before a fortnight off, three in December before another fortnight off during Christmas and New Year before returning for the final three including a double episode series finale. Madness!

Is someone going to assure me I got it wrong?

Yep. First season was alright, at best, although it picked up towards the end of the season. It has kicked on brilliantly from there though.

Edit: In addition, I did not like the pilot at all. Thought it was pretty shite mostly.

Yeah, stick with it. The Early "monster of the week" stories were like a poor mans X-Files but when the story arc begins to develop it really improves.

I take it you guys are watching US pace? I'm only watching it on Sky and the way the yanks do breaks in the run of episodes I think the Sky ones will eventually catch up as they can show them in one run.

The Early "monster of the week" stories were like a poor mans X-Files but when the story arc begins to develop it really improves.

Have got to agree with this. At first I was hoping it could match the X-Files from the off, but it took a while longer, because the main story is by far the strongest point. It was only at the end of the first season when the main story kicked in more that I started to really like it. (and from then onwards the main story is there a lot more than the X-Files was at the start. X-Files is still my all time favourite.) I just wanted to stick with it because I thought J. J. Abrams was a smart guy who could write some decent sci-fi, and am glad I carried on watching.

Why not?

Just thought Peter wouldn't end up in such an insane situation, and it leaves me wondering how much crazier things will get seeing as we're only just past halfway! If it's good crazy, awesome, but so many of the things I've watched have jumped the shark at or near the end, and I really don't want that to happen with Fringe.

We've still had next to nothing happening with Olivia too, it's confusing me but maybe that'll be saved for the last third or something. If she goes right through to the end without even having her abilities back that's going to kind of suck in a big way for me. I don't think that'll happen though, so just trying to be as patient as possible.

It's not been poor or anything, I just thought it was lacking a dramatic edge up until Peter's development, which I really like. I have also found the whole process of watching old tapes of Walter a bit hokey and long-winded. The sort of thing you'd expect in a camp 80s movie.

What episode number have you watched up to Red Phoenix?

The part where :

Warning! The following content is NOT WORK SAFE. Click the Show button to reveal.

He pulled out some of his hair which means he's going full-on observer just did my head in a bit, was hoping he wouldn't end up like that. Maybe Walter can find a way to turn him back or something though after he's done with whatever he's about to try and do.