You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2011 Transfer Window Speculation Thread

StevieH

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kenny Dalglish targeting Middlesbrough's starlet Cameron Park - Football Hotline - Football - Sport - People.co.uk

Kenny Dalglish targeting Middlesbrough's starlet Cameron Park

Jan 23 2011 By Alan Oliver, The People

Add a comment

Recommend

Middlesbrough’s teenage sensation Cameron Park is a surprise target for new Liverpool boss Kenny Dalglish.

The 18-year-old left winger only made his Championship debut last Saturday when he came on as an 83rd-minute substitute in the 4-0 win over Bristol City at Ashton Gate.

And Liverpool scouts saw Park make an immediate impact when he won a last-minute penalty as he was sent sprawling by keeper David James. Hotline understands that Liverpool have already been in contact with Boro about the England youth international.

Park is the latest exciting young left winger to come off their production line following Chris Brunt, Stewart Downing and Adam Johnson.

They tied Park down to the summer of 2015 when he signed a four-and-a-half-year contract in December.

Anyone know anything about this kid?

Got some quotes on the young lad:

Mowbray added: “I had Cameron on the bench and I was going to give his debut.

“He’s a dribbler, somebody who beats players, but the conditions weren’t really suitable for a player who travels with the ball.”

Mark Proctor knows all about Park having coached him at Under-18 level.

In his role as new first team coach, he can now keep a close eye on the former Sacred Heart School pupil’s progress.

“In Cameron Park we have a wonderful young player. We seem to produce these left-siders – Adam Johnson, Chris Brunt, Stewart Downing, that’s not a bad trio of lefties is it?

Jan 23 2011 by Dave Kidd, The People

LIVERPOOL are trying to persuade Wigan to part with Charles N’Zogbia – as the influence of agent Paul Stretford grows at Anfield.

Wigan have slapped a £15million price tag on the French winger, with Liverpool only willing to pay half that figure but still hopeful of finding a compromise.

Liverpool boss Kenny Dalglish made a personal check on N’Zogbia during Wigan’s draw with Fulham last weekend.

The Anfield club’s move for the Wigan star has been driven by Stretford and his business partner, former Newcastle chairman Freddy Shepherd.

Stretford is a close friend and former business associate of Dalglish.

Targets

The Scot helped to recruit players for his former agency, Proactive, including their most famous client, Wayne Rooney.

Since Dalglish succeeded Roy Hodgson, Stretford and Shepherd are said to have been closely involved in Liverpool’s search for potential transfer targets.

Dalglish is working harmoniously with Liverpool’s director of football strategy Damien Comolli during the January transfer window.

But Comolli’s status as the club’s main transfer fixer could be threatened if Dalglish is appointed on a full-time basis, with Stretford sure to carry major clout.

Kenny Dalglish targeting Middlesbrough's starlet Cameron Park - Football Hotline - Football - Sport - People.co.uk

Kenny Dalglish targeting Middlesbrough's starlet Cameron Park

Jan 23 2011 By Alan Oliver, The People

Add a comment

Recommend

Middlesbrough’s teenage sensation Cameron Park is a surprise target for new Liverpool boss Kenny Dalglish.

The 18-year-old left winger only made his Championship debut last Saturday when he came on as an 83rd-minute substitute in the 4-0 win over Bristol City at Ashton Gate.

And Liverpool scouts saw Park make an immediate impact when he won a last-minute penalty as he was sent sprawling by keeper David James. Hotline understands that Liverpool have already been in contact with Boro about the England youth international.

Park is the latest exciting young left winger to come off their production line following Chris Brunt, Stewart Downing and Adam Johnson.

They tied Park down to the summer of 2015 when he signed a four-and-a-half-year contract in December.

Anyone know anything about this kid?

Whatever happened to the lad Nathan Porritt, who was suppused to be the new Ryan Giggs that we were tracking from Middlesbrough a couple of years ago??

Jan 23 2011 by Dave Kidd, The People

Dalglish is working harmoniously with Liverpool’s director of football strategy Damien Comolli during the January transfer window.

But Comolli’s status as the club’s main transfer fixer could be threatened if Dalglish is appointed on a full-time basis, with Stretford sure to carry major clout.

I hope we don't have another management battle. We are in a mess as it is.

Conflict of interests fucks a business up big time.

City one of Lukaku's options | Sky Sports | Arsenal News | Football | Premier League

Romelu Lukaku's agent has confirmed Manchester City have joined the chase for the Belgian starlet.

The 17-year-old Anderlecht striker is one of the most coveted players in world football.

He has been playing first-team football since he was 16, and is already a regular for Belgium at international level.

So far this season he has bagged 13 goals in 20 games, and almost every major club in Europe is chasing him, including all of England's big clubs.

Chelsea, Manchester United, Manchester City, Liverpool, Tottenham and Arsenal are all keen.

City are the latest of the Premier League giants to join the chase and reports from Belgian even suggested they were trying to do a deal this month.

But Lukaku's agent Christophe Henrotay has denied that is the case, but he confirmed City do want to be kept informed about his situation.

"There is no concrete offer or agreement," he told Belgian Sport magazine.

"I have very good contacts with Manchester City, but they are only one of the clubs to ask about him."

Roberto Mancini has already insisted that City are not ready to make a bid, but they are very much now in the chase for him.

"City did ask me to be keep informed, if other clubs insisted on him," Henrotay continued.

"If someone leaves Manchester City, it is not impossible things could be accelerated - but you have seen the attackers there, but there is also the other clubs who are interested."

Chelsea support

Chelsea and Arsenal have been chasing Lukaku since he was 13, and the former have been regarded as the long-time favourites for his signature given they are his favourite side.

But the youngster admits that he will not necessarily sign for Chelsea because he supports them.

"Chelsea and Arsenal tried to sign me when I was 13, 14," he said.

"Chelsea is my favourite team. I have always said it and I have never hidden it. But it is not because Chelsea is my favourite team that I have to go there.

"There is also Manchester United, Arsenal, Liverpool and Manchester City. These big five are very interesting. Tottenham are also a good club.

"As a young kid you dream of playing in every big team. It is not because Chelsea is my favourite team that I have to specifically go there.

"I will see. It is something for my father and agent. There are so many clubs and big teams. For a young player sometimes you have to relax for a while and focus on your own team. I'm very happy with the situation at Anderlecht. I have the support of the club and other players. It is my environment and I've grown up here."

Real Madrid have also been strongly linked, and Jose Mourinho knows him well after pursuing him during his time at Chelsea - but Lukaku admits England is his most likely destination.

"My father never talks to me about rumours. Of course, I admire Jose Mourinho and Real Madrid is a great club. But I see England as more likely than Spain," he told Goal.com.

"If I see the games and some action in the Premier League, with my qualities I think I can play there. I'm very fast, I'm very strong and I work a lot. If I train with players with more quality I can be better than I am here. I want to improve.

"My father was my hero when I was still a boy. I looked up to Cristiano Ronaldo and then it was always [Didier] Drogba. As I understand more and more about football I see the qualities I have and I can see myself in him [Drogba]. I have almost the same qualities and I want to follow in his footsteps.

"I want to reach the highest level and win prizes. I want to win the Champions League, the Europa League also. I want to play in the Premier League and win some [league] titles or the Spanish league and win those titles. That is also a dream. Why not?"

Anyone seen the official site? There is a page with "34 names linked to Liverpool"

It names all the players and tells you a little bit about them, but out of all 34 only Suarez, Warnock and Adam have a picture to go with their name.. Thats gotta be more reliable than twitter..

They did this in the summer, they had a huge interview with fans on Pellegrini coming in as manager, but we fuckin got Roy instead.

I hope we don't have another management battle. We are in a mess as it is.

Conflict of interests fucks a business up big time.

The owners wont tolerate it and would sack Dalglish before Comolli and I am sure Dalglish knows this.

The DOF normally outlasts several managers

What are peoples thoughts on Adel Taraabt. I haven't seen him play at all this season till today but seeing his stats and also how much he seems to have bulked up since his Spurs days what would people think of him as a signing? Maybe not for us but definitely a premiership player?

What are peoples thoughts on Adel Taraabt. I haven't seen him play at all this season till today but seeing his stats and also how much he seems to have bulked up since his Spurs days what would people think of him as a signing? Maybe not for us but definitely a premiership player?

He's very good, easily better than some of the stale players we have, a very good back up for a team like us.

Probably the best place to put this. Just watched the game between Udinese and Inter and the fella on the left for Udinese was really good, Armero. Was wondering if anyone had seen him more than once like myself? Supposedly a leftback but I know Udinese push their fullbacks on alot and it was offensively he caught the eye.

May be one to watch

The owners wont tolerate it and would sack Dalglish before Comolli and I am sure Dalglish knows this.

The DOF normally outlasts several managers

Agree.

If I remember correctly Stretford got sued in the Rooney deal. Think he also got fined and banned by the FA in 2009.

Shepherd was the one who fired Kenny at Newcastle wasn't it? Think Kenny and Shepherd are pretty good pals even now.

Liverpool target loan move for Real striker - report

Published 12:53 23/01/11 By Football Spy

Liverpool are hoping to bring Karim Benzema to Anfield on loan, according to reports on Sunday.

The former Lyon star has struggled since his switch to the Bernabeu in 2009 and his prospects have not improved under Real boss Jose Mourinho.

With Real now trying to bring Ruud van Nistelrooy back to the club, Benzema will be pushed even further down the pecking order and Liverpool are reportedly hoping to take advantage by bringing the Frenchman to the Premier League on loan

Liverpool transfer news: Reds target loan move for Real Madrid striker Karim Benzema - report - News - MirrorFootball.co.uk