You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The price isn't that significant. We could definitely get a better player than Lucas for less than £6 million, but then we could also spend double that and get one who isn't as good. The bottom line is that if we won't to compete at the highest level, he ISN'T GOOD ENOUGH. He hardly ever scores, hardly ever creates anything, and isn't that useful defensively. He is decent at 6 yard passes and doing what he's told by the manager. If we can get the same money we paid for him then I'll be happy.

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He had the highest pass completion rate in the last two games for us - something like 96%. A lot of them may be sideways but I wouldn't expect much more from a 23 year old defensive midfielder. He needs to improve on his tackling a bit though as he currently wins about half of them. A little bit of vision could help the lad immensely too.

Lucas has brought a quiet assurance to our midfield in the last few games he's played for us. Doesn't panic in possesion.

Many players need to be moved on before Lucas. Good tackle on defender last night to win ball for Gerrard's third too. Seeing Poulsen makes me pine for Lucas to start every game.

I am starting to really like Lukas. He has been class for us recently, probably having his best period in a Liverpool shirt. He is a real asset at the moment, rarely spectacular but distributes well and hardly ever loses the ball - a very important aspect for his role. Should be a certain starter now. I think a CM pairing of Meireles and Gerrard might be somewhat vulnerable.

He had the highest pass completion rate in the last two games for us - something like 96%. A lot of them may be sideways but I wouldn't expect much more from a 23 year old defensive midfielder. He needs to improve on his tackling a bit though as he currently wins about half of them. A little bit of vision could help the lad immensely too.

But apart from that?

He has always come out very dignified and commited in interviews and seems to be a very loyal and likeable lad.

Probably true, but it's amusing to read people saying that he's only 23 and needs to gain some of the basics of a footballer....but he's a good player.