You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

So did anyone watch The Trip? Thought it was very funny myself. Brydon on his own I find only reasonably abusing but Coogan & Brydon bouncing off eachother is always superb watching. Looking forward to the rest of this series.

They weren't far off Bolton Abbey last night so maybe they're working their way over the A59. I think they're doing a bit of Lancashire, the Lakes and t'dales.

I thought it was pretty good. Liked the way it's too friends trying to outdo each other and reducing themselves to petty arguments and getting irritated by the things you pick up from people in long term friendships.

So did anyone watch The Trip? Thought it was very funny myself. Brydon on his own I find only reasonably abusing but Coogan & Brydon bouncing off eachother is always superb watching. Looking forward to the rest of this series.

I actually meant 'amusing' but that's funnier.

Alan Partridge returns with trailer for new series | Metro.co.uk

Can't link the trailer unfotunately due to work restrictions;

Seven years after he was last on our screens Partridge - one of the country's most popular comic characters - appears in a new one-off online series, made up of a dozen 11-minute episodes, all written by the show's original creator Armando Iannucci.

The trailer - a montage of clips with nothing more than mournful instrumental soundtrack - doesn't give much away, but the episodes will see him on air once again, presenting his new show Mid Morning Matters for the North Norfolk Digital radio station.

He is assisted by younger DJ Simon (played by Edinburgh Comedy Aawrd-winning comedian and poet Tim Key) with whom he claims to have 'great banter'.

Episodes will see Alan confronting an Alan Partridge imposter on Twitter, and hosting a phone-in to find the greatest ever person from Norfolk (in which Horatio Nelson goes up against Delia Smith).

In one he also discusses his fondness for Billie Piper, telling listeners: 'I like her face. She has a very round cherubic face, rather like a Victorian doll that's somehow been re-animated. Say what you like about Billie Piper - but she is the most popular prostitute on ITV.'

The new episodes, sponsored by Fosters, will appear on Fosters Funny from November 5.

Suffice to say this is pretty much the greatest thing I've heard in a long time, I cannot wait, format sems a bit strange but hey ho when it comes to Partridge any new material is duly welcome.

Is it not on TV then?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...