You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

In defence of Hodgson and the utter disgrace that we call football....

Antynwa

He is saying the manager deserves the full support from the supporters when walking into a job, Hodgson has never had that.

So to give him grief just because he wanted the ex manager out, a manager who had not won anything for 4 years and finished outside the top 4 twice is sad and desperate.

I think he has mostly got stick because he is being a bit hypocritical, not because he wants support for the now manager.

When Roy was appointed as our manager I was happy overall with the appoitment considering the situation we find ourselves in and even if Roy does end up leaving sooner than was expected it was in my opinion, the total right thing to do departing with the previous manager.

Roy has shown nothing so far, even I won't insult peoples intelligence by pretending he has, he may not show anything for the time he is our manager but all these ''told you so'' gloaters are making me sick. Practically revelling in it almost.

The people who didn't want Roy in like TK421 who was behind Rafa until the last have shown a lot of class and dignity and doesn't seem to be taking the pleasure out of this that certain people seem to be.

The performances have been disgraceful, that isn't in doubt but he isn't starting on a level playing field to what his last two predecessors have started with either is he?

Roy could be totally out of his depth but he doesn't deserve to be hung to the gallows either with the frankly disgusting abuse he is recieving in some quarters.

We could concievably be bottom of the table by the time the derby comes around. I just hope that is the shock needed to get us out of our slumber. He almost has nothing to lose now so here is hoping he carries the fight, both on and off the pitch over the next few weeks for us.

Guest PurpleNose
He is saying the manager deserves the full support from the supporters when walking into a job, Hodgson has never had that.

So to give him grief just because he wanted the ex manager out, a manager who had not won anything for 4 years and finished outside the top 4 twice is sad and desperate.

Its not as simple as that and you know it. Nor was that all he was saying.

Some people have gone over the top, with personal shit about Hodgson. In the same way a small selection of utter bellends did about our previous manager as well.

But he's going to get criticism. He was also never going to get the same level of faith from all supporters because of how his record stacks up, especially against the previous manager, and the situation surrounding the previous manager's departure.

I really don't understand why people are seeing this all as a shock. I'm pretty sure Hodgson understood all this when he took the job.

When Roy was appointed as our manager I was happy overall with the appoitment considering the situation we find ourselves in and even if Roy does end up leaving sooner than was expected it was in my opinion, the total right thing to do departing with the previous manager.

Roy has shown nothing so far, even I won't insult peoples intelligence by pretending he has, he may not show anything for the time he is our manager but all these ''told you so'' gloaters are making me sick. Practically revelling in it almost.

The people who didn't want Roy in like TK421 who was behind Rafa until the last have shown a lot of class and dignity and doesn't seem to be taking the pleasure out of this that certain people seem to be.

The performances have been disgraceful, that isn't in doubt but he isn't starting on a level playing field to what his last two predecessors have started with either is he?

Roy could be totally out of his depth but he doesn't deserve to be hung to the gallows either with the frankly disgusting abuse he is recieving in some quarters.

We could concievably be bottom of the table by the time the derby comes around. I just hope that is the shock needed to get us out of our slumber. He almost has nothing to lose now so here is hoping he carries the fight, both on and off the pitch over the next few weeks for us.

Yeah, because all the people that knew that Hodgson wasnt fit to be our manager are bitter cunts, revelling in our current misfortune.

Well, given how routinely classy the response to last season's bad results was from you and your (oddly quiet tonight) posse, that's me told. I feel almost as bad as if I'd spent all last year calling the manager a cunt, week in, week out, all fucking season, while my dimwit mates jumped up and down giggling like a bunch of wanking chimps at the zoo shouting down anyone who disagreed with us.

Because if I'd done that, yeah, I'd feel like a proper arsehole now.

The problem with this is, Antynwa was doing the abusing of the manager last season, now he's telling us every Liverpool manager should get backed from the off.

Well, given how routinely classy the response to last season's bad results was from you and your (oddly quiet tonight) posse, that's me told. I feel almost as bad as if I'd spent all last year calling the manager a cunt, week in, week out, all fucking season, while my dimwit mates jumped up and down giggling like a bunch of wanking chimps at the zoo shouting down anyone who disagreed with us.

You are basically accusing me of something I never did calling the ex-manager a cunt week in week out so yeah I guess that does indeed make you an arsehole.

Guest ShoePiss

I love this post.

The problem with this is, Antynwa was doing the abusing of the manager last season, now he's telling us every Liverpool manager should get backed from the off.

They should. I can't remember Ant ''abusing'' the manager, I can remember him wanting him replaced in his sixth season in charge. Apologies if I am wrong on that though, if Ant did cunt Rafa off on here then I will hold my hands up and admit I am wrong.

Why is that a problem?

Are you telling me Rafa did no have support from the off, did anyone chant Houlliers name after 7 games when we already had lost 3 games and found ouselves sitting in 10th place and we had just lost to Olympiakos in the CL in midweek?

That's where you (and others) seem to miss the point. It wasn't the right thing to do unless there was a better man to lead the club forward (preferably with a decent bankroll at his disposal). We all knew that no decent manager would come here, nevermind get decent money at his disposal. Therefore it would have been better for Rafa to carry on, he knew the club and what it was about and even if he made some bad buys and baffling decisions still had the tactical knowledge and authority to keep us afloat while the ownership situation was sorted out.

So what if Carra, Stevie and poor Nando would feel a bit sour, they are paid very handsomely to do a job for our club, and at times last season both their play and attitude were shocking. A kick up the backside was what they needed, and if that wasn't helpful they could have been fucked off (we would at least have been able to get decent cash for the crock + Stevie me this summer). They are at fault for our position as much as Rafa (Stevie and Torres especially with their ludicrous call-ups to friendly internationals with subsequent injuries the worst of a bad bunch of decisions).

They should. I can't remember Ant ''abusing'' the manager, I can remember him wanting him replaced in his sixth season in charge. Apologies if I am wrong on that though, if Ant did cunt Rafa off on here then I will hold my hands up and admit I am wrong.

I was just looking back on some thread about Rafa 'meeting' with SOS on here, even after a committee member said it hadn't happened, he was still going on saying 'Fuck off Rafa Benitez'. Also other posts like 'I wish he would just fuck off to be honest' don't really help his cause.

I have no problems with people defending the manager, but it's the double standards that get me. He can't say it's sad to see people aren't backing the manager from the off, because he didn't back the last manager through the tough times either.

Why is that a problem?

Are you telling me Rafa did no have support from the off, did anyone chant Houlliers name after 7 games when we already had lost 3 games and found ouselves sitting in 10th place and we had just lost to Olympiakos in the CL in midweek?

Could have something to do with the style of playing now being the worst since Wimbledon were goin' crazy back in the early 90's, as well as us being outfought and outthought in every single game so far. Rafa's team actually showed some promise playing-wise, reverting from the hoof-ball of Houllier's last days to passing the football on the ground and generally pinning the opposition back (yes, even in the matches early on). The fact that most of us had more belief in a man that had taken Valencia to two titles in Spain and showed us our arses at Anfield, while Hodgson hasn't won anything and has had all his teams play alehouse football - therefore making people sceptical from the off might also have something to do with it, old habits and such... I know that's how I feel at least, after 10+ competitive matches I see no sign of hope with Roy, I did after 3-4 games with Rafa in charge.