You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Weekend Five

Dan Vito Corleone

How did the Barcodes get a player of Hatem Ben Arfa's quality in the first place? Shocked that no big clubs were in for him.

Didn't we make a late bid for him but he preferred to go there?

He's only on loan isn't he? And if so the lack of transfer fee would suggest its a true story

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, we make late bids for everyone. We always leave it until the last possible second in the transfer window; that way we make absolutely certain we never need to spend any money on signings. Arshavin and Simao are two more players that we left until it was too late.

Works the other way too tho.

We made a late move for Carlton Cole remember. Too late thankfully

Saw that Ben Arfa was with them before the match started and couldn't believe it, first thing I knew of him being there! Then saw that they'd scored and scrolled down thinking it'd probably be him. Why we couldn't have tried to get hold of him I've no clue. He'd have probably been great with us.

In fact, sorry I've had hardly any sleep....just realised it's the same player I was suggesting we bid for last season. Can't believe he's with them.

Edited by Red Phoenix

Ben Arfa won't cut it in the prem. One good game then five shit, all style and no substance.

That said he's still probably better then most of our wide options. Then again so is pennant, nzogbia and any other half decent winger you can think of.

He just took on about half the Everton team and layed it off to Carroll who was tackled. He's looking good

Fellaini is such a bad twat. How he doesn't get sent off more is a mystery.

Dirty, horrible, lanky, microphone headed cunt.

Speaking of cunts, is it me or is Joey Barton less of one these days?

Every game I've seen him in this season he's had the shit kicked out of him. He hasn't reacted. He's just going about his business. He's got a long way to graduate from the school of cunt but he's making his way