You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Unless putting something into perspective means making up something, I don't think that's correct.

We didn't play West Brom last year if you're referring to the teams and if you're referring to the first 5 games we had 9 pts.

Of course we didn't play West Brom last year; it stands to reason that when comparing results between seasons, you substitute the three sides relegated last season for the three promoted this season. And since we got 3 points at home against all three relegated sides, it doesn't matter which side you swap West Brom in for.

• Replies 817
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can say what you like about Hodgson, but if you think the attitude today was any different to what it's been for most of the last 2-3 years then you are kidding yourself.

The feeling of watching a team play within itself for most of the game, of only seeing their real potential when behind and chasing the game, and of holding what they have rather than going for something more - for me, this is the same feeling I have had for most of the past 2-3 seasons.

Spot on that, it's like having a really fucking awful case of deja vu..

Writing when I've had a drink......

Carra should be eased out, Maxi - should be fucked off, Cole and Konchesy everything I thought are /were. We were still unlucky even with shite like that on the pitch.

A pity, the manager done ok, the team isn't near good enough. His changes were ok but thr players are fucking shite

We did well, but we weren't as good. Why? Because we weren't as good. Honestly I'm sick of the fucking drama when we lose a game. We lost becasue we were shitter than the Mancs, end of. Yes most of us feel crap, but we have to try and move on.

5 points from 5 games though, we're in the shit and that's that.

So : anyone too sick of it just fuck off and support someone else. Am so fed up of the fucking drama that I'd at least like to know that the people kicking off were genuine fans. Yes, we might end up getting relegated, will you still be with us? If yes, cool, if not : just fuck off now and spare us the bullshit.

Some people around here are just so full of shit. We are fucked, deal with it, if not, good-fucking-bye.

Go and support another fucking team if you can't take the rough journey. The rest of us will remain Reds.

We did well, but we weren't as good. Why? Because we weren't as good. Honestly I'm sick of the fucking drama when we lose a game. We lost becasue we were shitter than the Mancs, end of. Yes most of us feel crap, but we have to try and move on.

5 points from 5 games though, we're in the shit and that's that.

Dont think we did well today at all. Created next to nothing. Allowed them to constantly attack us. We were lucky to be back in it at all. Didnt think they were great either and were there for us to have a go at. But we decided not to.

You know what? This league is so fucking vacant of soul. If we end up relegated but with class fans and a team that fights for the Liverbird just fuck anything else. The Premier League is a big fat corrupt cunt, and that's just that.

Rather have good fans and a genuine heart than empty pretend shit. Fuck this league, even if we win it. Fuck you Scudamore.

Dont think we did well today at all. Created next to nothing.

We were shit. But at least I accept that the players and manager realise that instead of empty bitching and sniping. Anyone that thinks the players and boss are kidding themselves, I can't be arsed with all that.

Edit : Fuck you all. I'm with Stouffer.

So : anyone too sick of it just fuck off and support someone else. Am so fed up of the fucking drama that I'd at least like to know that the people kicking off were genuine fans. Yes, we might end up getting relegated, will you still be with us? If yes, cool, if not : just fuck off now and spare us the bullshit.

Some people around here are just so full of shit. We are fucked, deal with it, if not, good-fucking-bye.

Go and support another fucking team if you can't take the rough journey. The rest of us will remain Reds.

Nothing to do with us losing, it's because of the cowardly tactics.

He got forced when we went 2-0 down to change it and it worked, then instead of bringing someone like Babel on and pushing them he decided to settle for a draw.

If the Mancs got back to 2-2 at Anfield do you think Ferguson would bring on O'Shea for Evra & Park for Nani? Nope.

He got forced when we went 2-0 down to change it and it worked, then instead of bringing someone like Babel on and pushing them he decided to settle for a draw.

If the Mancs got back to 2-2 at Anfield do you think Ferguson would bring on O'Shea for Evra & Park for Nani? Nope.

Nope. we were rather fortunate to get a chance to be back in the game. We should have went for it. They were rattled. Roy seems to happy to take draws.

This is what I'm not getting into. I'm just so sick of Rafa bashing that even when he's gone going at the manager doesn't ring with me. Of course you might be right, but can't be arsed with it.

The return match is still to come. They have to come to Anfield, so fuck whining. Now we have to win games or we're looking nearer relegation, that's just that. We should take what we do game to game, that's it.

Not really sure what effect we were aiming for today as it seemed that we were looking to defend for the draw, but trying to do this without containing them , showing any energy or putting them under any pressure for 45 mins.

United are a decent team who will make chances , so what you must ensure is that you don't give them any gifts & unfortunately we did for the first & third goals. Even when I was playing in the 5th division of the Zingari under an assumed name for the 4th team following a sending off in the 1sts, the defenders realised that if you were 'on the post' for a corner , the clue was in the description.

Positive is that we have got a midfielder whose first thought is to move the ball forward & follow its direction at pace.

Starting to really worry about Roy's capability for the job but will see how we manage the next five ( hopefully more straightforward ) games.

This is what I'm not getting into. I'm just so sick of Rafa bashing that even when he's gone going at the manager doesn't ring with me. Of course you might be right, but can't be arsed with it.

The return match is still to come. They have to come to Anfield, so fuck whining. Now we have to win games or we're looking nearer relegation, that's just that.

Yeah but some people hate how Roy is just letting Ferguson walk all over us and not even saying anything.

The anger isn't all about the result.

Oh and champions league places? Just fucking accept that we have to get Hicks out and wake up. The quicker more of you wake up the quicker people will do something.

And yeah, I'm hurting like hell saying that.

Yeah but some people hate how Roy is just letting Ferguson walk all over us and not even saying anything.

The anger isn't all about the result.

They're mates. Slur did him over and he won't be bitter. I'm out, just hope we fucking wake up as fans and fuck these cunts off that own our club.

Fuck Man Utd vs Liverpool! Don't you get it? (not aimed at you Fenomeno, aimed at all the people who do not fucking get it. Our time is now, fucking wake up.)

Just fucking wake up. You are not going to like what's next. Deal with it by doing what you think you should do.

Rafa was practically at war with Ferguson and we lost five times at OT in six years. It means very little at the end of the day. Hodgson should be judged on his coaching and how the team plays, not his relationship with Ferguson.

I believe that Hodgson deserves criticism today for the football; to criticise him for his relationship with Ferguson is just bizarre, to me.

United are a decent team who will make chances , so what you must ensure is that you don't give them any gifts & unfortunately we did for the first & third goals. Even when I was playing in the 5th division of the Zingari under an assumed name for the 4th team following a sending off in the 1sts, the defenders realised that if you were 'on the post' for a corner , the clue was in the description.

Superb! Absolutely fantastic. Wish I could rep you...

The managers 5th league game. He's learning and so are the players.

Get a fucking grip.

I don't see what Hodgson did wrong. That's not to say he got everything spot on, and perhaps should have made a different change when he brought Raul off, but thats another matter.

I don't think we played as bad as people made us out to have played. I truly don't, if people look back at that match the only thing we where lacking (pfft only) was a commanding defender, and someone in the attacking third with the ability to do something special. After the first 15 minutes, and before the United goal we where quite comfortable. We didn't do anything too strenuous, but we kept the ball well, our passing was good to watch and we certainly weren't shit. Before the 1st United goal I fancied us to get a point, I really did.

In the second half, a combination of good luck. shit United defending and throwing caution to the wind saw us get back to 2-2. Now maybe I'm just a pessemist. but did ANYONE fancy us to get the win after that? Looking at the face of it you could have said the momentum was with us. But we didn't have the stamina to match, had that been at Anfield I would have fancied us. But at Old Trafford, not a chance. Not with Rooney, not with Berbatov on his happy pills and not with the players they have on the bench.

Back to Hodgson specifically though, I don't understand peoples concerns about him, I do in the respect of him not being a big name and what not. But in terms of what he's trying to achieve. I don't. He needs time, he needs the time given to his past managers to get things right. As mentioned by others, the team was right and so was the formation.

When we got down to it, we where just lacking upfront. That's where we needed some more firepower, now whether thats a combination of the fact we fucked up in the transfer market again, or we have no money is a different matter.

Hodgson is a new manager, we're not even 2 months into the season. We've just given one of the best teams in the country a run for their money and pushed them further than we did last season at their ground, and we have pushed them further than most teams will at Old Trafford. I'm not saying it's a cause for celebration, but lets put it into perspective here.

We've got a new manager, still learning about his players, still trying to implement his style of play, our club is being torn apart at the top, and Fernando Torres is playing like a bag of shite. When you consider what happened today, yes it always hurts to lose to that lot. But jesus christ I have felt worse after a match.

It's going to be a long hard season, we're going to be frustrated, we're going to see our thin squad tested to the limit and we're going to have trials and tribulations over the next few months at board level.

The managers 5th league game. He's learning and so are the players.

Get a fucking grip.

Learning what? How to defend a draw?

I'll ask again, would Ferguson have brought a centre back on for a full back & Park on for Nani if they were drawing 2-2 at Anfield?

Plus he's showing far more respect to Ferguson than he should, after Ferguson said "We should've won by 10" Roy said "I thought United played well but to undermine our performance is a little bit harsh"

If the boot was on the other foot and Hodgson had said we should've won by 10, what would Ferguson have said? Not that, I assure you.

I don't understand peoples concerns about him

Really? He has his full backs seemingly refusing to block crosses. His substitutions are baffling ie waiting until 78mins to change it at City and Brum (and Jova for Meireles today), quotes like "I didnt have high expectations anyway" regarding Birmingham are disgraceful, his away record with 3 different clubs in this league is atrocious, we've not played 1 remotely good first half under him, we sit back way to much which has led to even the likes of West Brom dominating us for spells. Do I need to go on?

Theres loads of concerns and apologies if im wrong but I suspect your faith is based on a hatred of the last manager rather than actually thinking Hodgson is any good.

Some people need to listen to Stevie's interview after the match. OT is a tough place to go and apart from the 4-1 we were regularly treated to much worse performances than today. We were just trying to get a foothold in the first half, but we actually played well second half. Nando was at fault for the first, no-one for the second and Carra was badly done for the third. Worst player on the pitch was Glen Johnson. He was mugged every time by an old man. Have to say I thought Skrtel, Poulsen, Cole had decent games. For the whoppers who criticised the Meireles substitution, if you'd been watching football foe more than a couple of years you'd see he was out on his feet. The substitution of Maxi was a good one (he was shite) but sadly Ngog is not the right man. Babel could have made a difference??? When, in all his years at the club, has that waste of space ever made a difference.

Gutted at the result but those of you criticising Hodgson are well out of order. He was fuming at the end in that dugout.

Once again, lets bring fucking Rafa into it though. Like his teams did much better there?