You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 817
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awful management, who in their right mind would take off Meireles when he was the one linking to Torres and creating the chances.

It would be nice to have a manager who had faith in his team, if he doesn't he won't be successful. We see it time and time again, let them fucking play and see what happens, it almost got us a title when Rafa let it happen.

Cowardly, this ain't Fulham Woy we shouldn't be scared of old trafford.

All I'm going to say in this thread cause I can't be arsed with the hysterical little girls.

Roy's tactics were spot on today. We got beat at old toilet by a better side on the day, not the first time and it wont be the last.

Bollocks. Old Man United were there for the taking but we showed no ambition. Awful display and a gutless performance from the manager.

Agger at lb? why?? Nani is going to enjoy the last 10 mins

Well... I dont think he`s enjoyed the first 80 mins in his life. And I know it`s unfair picking out one individual, but I dont think I have seen a worse performance ever by a Liverpool left back. Nani did whatever he wanted...run past him...putting crosses in unchallenged. Warnock had a mare at Southampton in that famous worst match in 40 year. Insua struggled a few times last season, but nowhere near as outplayed as this.

He may work against Wigan and Stoke...but I fear how he will be exposed against Chelsea and Arsenal.

I JUST HATE that we always, when getting an ok result, HAVE to let the other team take the game to us -- why can't we just keep playing offensive, good fotball -- to get an even better result?!?

I'm disappointed in Hodgson's lack of willingness to kill of matches.

It's the players' insecurity that allows them to be put on the backfoot, not Hodgson's tactics. We were playing from a deep position because our two goals came from breaking attacking play, not because we were sitting off. Utd just found that extra gear that we lack and in the last 10 minutes managed to brush themselves off and close us down all over the place again.

OH and despite the delusion (or is it simply wishful thinking?) Konchesky is crap.

Totally agreed. He is awful, really awful. It doesn't take a genius to figure that out, and that's probably what Fergie has told his players before the match. He is worse than Insua by a miles, who is at least young and is able to improve. The depressing part is we have no readily available replacement (Agger is NOT a full back), having shipped out Insua for peanuts. Is Mavinga supposed to be good? How about playing Kelly on the left?

Guest ShoePiss
All I'm going to say in this thread cause I can't be arsed with the hysterical little girls.

Roy's tactics were spot on today. We got beat at old toilet by a better side on the day, not the first time and it wont be the last.

This is class.

What kind of petrol do you sniff?

Totally agreed. He is awful, really awful. It doesn't take a genius to figure that out, and that's probably what Fergie has told his players before the match. He is worse than Insua by a miles, who is at least young and is able to improve. The depressing part is we have no readily available replacement (Agger is NOT a full back), having shipped out Insua for peanuts. Is Mavinga supposed to be good? How about playing Kelly on the left?

Konchesky is miles ahead of Insua. He might not be a world beater and he might not be good enough for us, but he is still a lot better than Insua.

Had to watch a stream online. First half stream was good, the performance wasn't. There was some neat interplay without doing anything useful, and again it was a first half where we created pretty much nothing.

Second half stream turns to shit, and decides to come back and tell me we're 2-0 down. I have no idea who scored (until much later) but hang on! We've got a penalty? At OT? Suddenly it's 2-1. Stream crashes again and again, so all I see is a load of diving theatrics from Nani, and then the commentator saying O'Shea should be off. Not surprised in the slightest that he wasn't. Anyway, the stream breaks again, only to come back to a replay of Gerrard's free kick to make it 2-2. After that, all I saw was Meireles in the box supposedly having missed another chance (no idea what happened) and then the stream just dies completely. Until the last minute where Skrtel decided a needless shove in stoppage time is the perfect way for us to get the ball into the right end of the pitch. All the while the commentator is banging on about ManU's priceless winner. Judging by the crowd noise it had only just happened moments before, so I'm now feeling sick.

All I know is Berbatov got a hat-trick but no idea about the second, or indeed most of the second half. Reading the comments on here, we shitted it again.

I think it was Faustus who felt it necessary to tell us that he's been to OT 4 times to watch us previously, and each time we've been beat. He was there today too.

I am pissed off right now.

Nonsense. Our two best halves of football have come when we've pressed teams aggressively for the entriety of both halves. When we've sat back, as we have mostly done, the other teams have created very good chances against us.

Today we sat back. We concede two goals. We then show some ambition and press forward getting bodies in their box and, hey presto, we drag ourselves back into it. And they were rocking. And what did we do - we sat back. And, hey presto, they score again.

We've learnt nothing from the previous games.

Played really well today. I've never been convinced by Gerrard in that role, but he's had few performances better than that at United. Torres was again toothless up front, and Cole was quiet, but far more encouraging from Meireles and Poulson. We've had a horrendous set of fixtures to start, and in a way the season really starts next week. Anything is a bonus there, but it's a real kick in the teeth the manner in which they won.

The only negative I draw, and it's a substantial one, is that something drastic needs to be at centre-back. Pour scorn on Konchesky and Johnson all you want, but the buck lies with Carra and Skrtel. To conceed from three crosses, from a player not particularly good in the air, is disgraceful. The second was magic, but he had all the time in the world there. Carra's stunk the place out for over a year now and it's nigh on time to bomb him out the team.

Guest ShoePiss
'If we kept our composure we could've seen the game out' so we were playing for a draw?

Yeah that's a fact, I think the reason that is being overlooked is due to the nature of the defeat.

We employed negative tactics and concede two goals, change that to a more attacking tactic and score two then revert to the previous (disastrous) tactics and concede again.

Of course them going down to 10 men would have possibly changed the game but the signs were there that we could control the outcome of the game by ourselves rather than relying on a ref's decision.

I know it's a very simplistic take on the game but to me it was glaringly obvious.