You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I just had a pint with Aston Villa

JohnnyH

They wandered into my local in Dublin and so I had a brief chat with Brad Friedel and Joh Carew. My mate said to Carew "So are you any good at football?" to which he replied "Good enough to get paid, what are your digits?" which was a bit pathetic. Brad was a gent though. Richard Dunne had to be carried from the pub and into a taxi at about 8pm. All the rest of them stayed on shorts for reasons of gayness or not wanting to be pictured with pints a day before a game.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They wandered into my local in Dublin and so I had a brief chat with Brad Friedel and Joh Carew. My mate said to Carew "So are you any good at football?" to which he replied "Good enough to get paid, what are your digits?" which was a bit pathetic. Brad was a gent though. Richard Dunne had to be carried from the pub and into a taxi at about 8pm. All the rest of them stayed on shorts for reasons of gayness or not wanting to be pictured with pints a day before a game.
What pub mate?

Gilbert and Wrights in Malahide. It's a bit poncy. They were saying that they were in Wrights in Swords last night and all hammered again. Dunne had been on the beer since 11 this morning!!!!

Yeah, me mate Paul was acting the dick a bit but he has no interest in football at all and didn't know any of them.

Gilbert and Wrights in Malahide. It's a bit poncy. They were saying that they were in Wrights in Swords last night and all hammered again. Dunne had been on the beer since 11 this morning!!!!

Yeah, me mate Paul was acting the dick a bit but he has no interest in football at all and didn't know any of them.

I'm from tallaght but i've been to Wright Venue, it can be bit poncy alright but nice spot, fair play to ya for chatting to them anyways, i'd say the women flocking around the boys? Well maybe not Brad Friedel as he looks like Hellboy :)

Gilbert and Wrights in Malahide. It's a bit poncy. They were saying that they were in Wrights in Swords last night and all hammered again. Dunne had been on the beer since 11 this morning!!!!Yeah, me mate Paul was acting the dick a bit but he has no interest in football at all and didn't know any of them.

Thank God- I can sleep easy tonight with my faith intact.

Ha. no Dave, he wasn't there actually. When they walked in it was the first thing I said to one of my mates that if Young was with there I was going to have a wee chat, but he wasn't there.

Carew was smiling when he said it to be fair. Friedel didn't have a drink as far as I could tell. I did say to him that Villa must be a pain in the arse having tasted Anfield. He smiled, and clearly thought about telling me to fuck off.

Did you get to utter the line "Hi, aren't you the Snidey Fucking Goblin?"

The little fucking runt wasn't there. However, he played Portmarnock golf club yesterday and the caddy said he was a fucking dick. He threw his golf club at the caddy at one point after a poor shot.

While we're on the subject of famous people not being able to take jokes, finished my run today and was sitting on my bike on West St in the theatre district checking my maps looking for a route back to start over and Roy Walker comes out of the Ivy. He looked a bit puzzled so I said to him "You lost mate?". He was looking for some building that I didn't know and asked if it was near Shaftsbury Avenue (the main road that West St is off) he looked a bit rushed so I imagine he was late for a meeting or something. He didn't appreciate me saying "You're close but that's not the right answer".

That's when I pointed him to the cab driver waiting behind us, to get some proper advice. Miserable twat!

Pretty sharp from Carew, no problem with him saying that, I reckon it was justified. Did you speak to Luke Young by any chance :whistle:

Luke Young eh?

So that’s who Brownie & Walton Red have been dropping hints about.

Primarily a right back isn’t he, rather than able to play on the left? (i.e. crap hint Brownie)

Richy Dunne : Top Class Centre Half : Full blown Alco.

I heard he was a full blown alco earliar in his career, but i thought hed got over it. Obviously not. Sad to hear, really like him, would have a been an unreal signing for us this time last year.