You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Their is no law against playing 442

Gerrard and Lucas centre midfield. Torres and a decent partner upfront. Rodriguez right and Jovanovic or Yossi left.

Decent side that

No it isn't, because Lucas is one of the worst midfielders in the Premiership.

His continued inclusion in our team was the main reason I wanted Benitez sacked. If he is still getting games next season, I will stop supporting Liverpool and instead become a Moonie.

Really?

Sky Sports | Football | Features | Premier League stats

Says he put in 4th most tackles in the prem last year.

Aquilani?

I doubt it.

CWD 82, hes no "big girls blouse" hes a player who broke his ankle and was fit from November, he wanted to play but R Rafa way far too cautious with him and from what ive seen he doesn't pull out of tackles, your description of him as a "big girls blouse" is insulting to arugably the most techically gifted player in our squad who will be key to unlocking stubborn defences in the future

Guest PurpleNose
in some ways i hope Torres and Gerrard fuck off and we get shown up to be the shower we are without them

Yes, that would be wonderful.

Torres said somewhere before he prefers to play upfront on his own.

Best bet is to get someone like Forlan who can play as a support striker and upfront on his own if Torres is out. It's basically got 2 goalscorers but it doesn't take away from Torres strengths.

I fully respect what Torress feels suits him best but in all honesty we can't pander to the wants of an injury prone centre forward no matter how good he is. We should have learned that from Owen.

We need a top striker to cover Torres when he's injured but that top striker should also partner Torres when Torres is fit.

Your example of Forlan is perfect. I'd love us to get a player of that quality. If we could reinvest all the Mascherano and Aquilani money then I would like to see us go for Higuain or Dzeko. Both proven top quality goal scorers. I appreciate they may not want to come or we may not be able to afford them but that's what I'd like to see

I think Hodgson will bring in Carlton Cole though.

I'm not in favour of making do with Lucas in midfield if we're signing that kind of quality

What kind of thundering bellendery is this?

if we're going down the shitter - which we are if Hodgson comes in and no sale in sight - then if i was Torres and Gerrard i wouldn't hang about and i'd be out of here sharpish

Gerrard could use this opportunity to do a Beckham and play on the continent imo

Torres is just too sexy and we don't deserve him

i just want the process to hurry up - if we are going to do a Leeds lets just fucking get it over with

I'm happy for Lucas to be in our team because he isn't a shitbag and gives his all for the team every game

He made a larger contribution than a lot of 'bigger' players least season

He was more professional than a lot of the 'bigger' players that's for sure. But I think because he was mainly Rafa's choice and Rafa was a fan, that the next manager prob won't pick him very much or won't see what Rafa saw in him. Rafa loves his defensive midfielders. It could be Aquilani's chance to shine (if he's still here too)

He's fucking shit, and it doesn't matter what manager the cunt plays for, he will always be shit.

He could be managed by Shankly, coached by Jesus and personally trained by God and he would STILL be a fucking useless twat.

So you're saying he can maybe do a job?

if we're going down the shitter - which we are if Hodgson comes in and no sale in sight - then if i was Torres and Gerrard i wouldn't hang about and i'd be out of here sharpish

Gerrard could use this opportunity to do a Beckham and play on the continent imo

Torres is just too sexy and we don't deserve him

i just want the process to hurry up - if we are going to do a Leeds lets just fucking get it over with

That's not what you said. You said you hoped it happens.