You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I said he was out of order on the England v Algeria thread if the fans were booing threw out the game then thats out of order BUT they booed at the end which is their write they paid the money they turned up to watch a so called favorite for the world cup play shite for the 2nd game in a row

Well in Rooney. Its a disgrace to be booed by your 'supporters'. I personally think a load of posts on here are bollocks, if it was Carra we'd be praising him for his staunch passion.

Rooney, Gerrard et al are professionals and more importantly football obsessed lads who have dreamed of playing in world cups all their lives. They may earn mega bucks but I reckon nobody is more pissed off than them at the shite performances they've served up. To be booed by some prick and his mate who support Reading and QPR and call you a scouse cunt everytime you play one bad ball must really make you mad.

Im not into international footie (I like it but cant fall for England, cos of the nobs) too many classless fans whi cant appreciate a couple of poor performances.

Before you criticise this, please bare in mind these are the same fucking fans who will demand Rooney gets a knighthood for scoring the winner against Slovenia.

The cunt plays for a club side where the likes of us are called a lot worse than that. Fuck him. He's supposed to England's greatest player, as far as I can see he's been utter shite.

i think wayne is right, win the next game and there through.

Think it would have been different if england had been knocked out

though's fans will feel very silly if they go on to lift the world cup.

do you think el tel is still singing that song hahahaha the silly arl cockney wanabe gangster/frank sinatra faced twat

Yeah but Wayne you were fucking shit though weren't you!

Like it's not like everybody earns millions every year so jumping on a plane to South Africa to watch your team is a financial burden for most England Fans, especially in this time of belt tightening.

Trust a footballer to make a commnent like that, let them all eat cake hey Wayne?

Guest Pistonbroke
People have paid £1000s of pounds (fleeced by fucking FIFA and the FA) to go and watch that shite.

They bothered to go and fill 2/3rds of a stadium 1000s of miles from home. He doesn't know how fucking lucky he is with fans like that.

I wouldn't boo, but fuck me if you play like that, you can fucking understand it can't you.

This.

I wouldn't boo myself personally but what are the players expecting after such a shite performance! Players get paid a fortune these days and they have to understand it's the fans who keep them in a job.

I didn't hear a single boo during the game, possibly because of the vuvuzelas, but at full time the fans let them know what they thought of the performance.

What is wrong with that?

England were fucking shocking and I can't remember as bad a performance from them even under Schteve.

It was just like watching Liverpool.

I don't buy this "they've paid their money, they can do what they want" shite.

Football's not like buying a supermarket product or going to the theatre. In football there are variables and unknowns; i.e. the opposition. Players can go out with all the will in the world (though I'm not saying last night's did), but if the opposition play better than expected, then nothing's going to go to go exactly to plan, is it?

In my opinion, there's no excuse for booing. Going back to the theatre/music gig analogy, who amongst that crowd - even those mongs - would greet a sub-standard performance by booing? You wouldn't. You'd just shake your head and think 'I'm not fucking doing that again'. But booing? It's become a football thing to do. And it's just so small-time.

I can see both sides to be honest. There's no excuse for that kind of lack of effort, not just in a single match - but in an apparent desire to stay in the competition itself. I doubt the fans who are moaning about paying money are just moaning about that match, they'll be shitting themselves at the prospect of a once in a lifetime experience ending before it's even got underway. (let's not forget, most England frans don't get abroad for footy often, what with most of them being from Plymouth)

There's also a simmering resentment toward the players no doubt because they're - well - mostly twats. For the same reason I can't get behind them, those that do probably only do so tentatively, and it doesn't take much to make you want to vent that anger.

On the other side though, some England players were trying (especially Gerrard, despite being out of position - again) and could have used better support, their nerves were gone in some cases and booing them will just make it worse.

I agree with Section; I can see both sides. I'm not that bothered about the whole thing though as I haven't learnt anything new. I always knew that the England fans were a bunch of cunts and I always knew that Rooney was over-rated.

I think he's a fantastic player but the media have built him up so much that it's impossible for him to live up to those expectations. Having said that, he's been incapable of even controlling a pass in the two games so far, never mind produce any kind of magic.

England just look scared, rigid and totally lacking of confidence. If Capello manages to snap them out of this then he truly is a great manager.

Guest Pistonbroke
I can see both sides to be honest. There's no excuse for that kind of lack of effort, not just in a single match - but in an apparent desire to stay in the competition itself. I doubt the fans who are moaning about paying money are just moaning about that match, they'll be shitting themselves at the prospect of a once in a lifetime experience ending before it's even got underway. (let's not forget, most England frans don't get abroad for footy often, what with most of them being from Plymouth)

There's also a simmering resentment toward the players no doubt because they're - well - mostly twats. For the same reason I can't get behind them, those that do probably only do so tentatively, and it doesn't take much to make you want to vent that anger.

On the other side though, some England players were trying (especially Gerrard, despite being out of position - again) and could have used better support, their nerves were gone in some cases and booing them will just make it worse.

It could also spur them on to better things if they channel their own frustrations correctly.

They deserve to get booed. Thats what you get for playing like a bunch of club-footed mongs!

What if they hadn't have been booed?

They'd just think "ah well better luck next time". Fuck that they need telling.

What we need is few level headed people to get in front of the cameras and telling the media to stop bigging up these mediocre players as when they get creamed by a half decent team its gonna take them months/years to pick their ego from off the floor.

and another thing about Rooney why due to a couple of good games at Euro 2004 is he seen as Englands saviour, he is no better than Stevie,Lampard,Beckham and Owen all were at his age and they were never treated as the only player who could possibly do well for England, i'd normally blame it on the hype of being a scum player but fact is he was at the blueshite when this all started, if anyone else had done what he did against Portugal in 06 they would've been vilified (see Beckham 98 ) but no its Rooney so we'll blame Ladyboy instead, thats 2 world cups he has shown his true colours at

Edited by fowler9

The England cricket team used to be like this - playing shite but resenting anyone who had the temerity to point it out. Only when they started concentrating on doing better did they actually get better. Rooney and Co are so pampered they just don't 'get' being booed. The Premiership hype tells them it's a treat for ordinary people to pay vast sums to watch them play - no, not even watch them play, just see them in the flesh - so they can't compute customer dissatisfaction. Even if they start winning, they'll probably sneer at the fans, thinking 'You booed me last week' without even understanding...that's showbiz, and, for better or worse, that's the business you're now in.

I don't agree with the supporters booing, but I diasgree far more with an out of touch twat like Rooney publically slagging them off for it.

The supporters have had to pay a lot of money to get there, while the pampered players are being paid for the honour, they should rise above it. But a petulant little shit like Rooney just can't help himself.

I said on another thread that I think it is the ultimate come-down for the likes of Stevie and Rooney to be idolised at their clubs week in week out as the clubs star men and talismen and have their name sung more than any other player by the two biggest clubs fans in the country to then go being booed by ''fans'' who claim them as their own when they are supporters of clubs from lower league clubs.

I think small things like that is why Liverpool and Manchester United fans in general don't have any kind of affinity for the national side as a whole as they class their club sides as bigger than the national team whereas for most other sets of fans England is the be all and end all and their club sides come 2nd in their affection.

Not saying there is a right or wrong either side with that. Rooney will probably regret that this morning and he probably wanted to let a bit of frustration out at his own admittedly shocking performance but did it in the wrong way and will deserve the flack which comes his way for it.

The best way for him to make up for it would be to produce what he is clearly capable of in his next game then this will be forgotten.

It was just like watching Liverpool.

Were we really that bad last season?

I couldn't give a shit about England but there were times last season I shouted all sorts at Rafa, and I was one of his apologistas.

Just because you care passionately don't mean shit turns to gold.

Do you reckon that it is because the majority of our players have always played in the UK and never abroad. We maybe put them on a higher pedestal than they are cos we see them each week and the England supporters basically have a few England players who play for their favourite club team and therefore idolise them more.

Maybe if Rooney started his career at Barcelona and Gerrard went to Madrid yrs ago they would'nt be so highly rated by the english media/press as they are now if you see what i mean.

Its like in England i suspect MORE people would put Fabregas on the same level as Xavi yet in Spain the no. of people would be less.

I think there is an element of that, English football is a buble and since we do not have pundits that will make criticism of 'one of their own' and English fans are exceptionally loyal, booing just does not happen.

I think a lot of them would have their eyes opened if they went abroad.

Top players in South America are gods.

Only as long as they perform though.

Last year, Ronaldo could do no wrong for Corinthians, this year, he has been called all names under sun, and by respected journalists, too.

Robinho came back with great fanfare to Santos, but has been overshadowed since.

Kleber was idolised at Cruzeiro, as was Adriano at Flamengo, until they stopped playing and 'indicated' they may wish to leave, they were heavily criticised.

The 'star' is very important in Brazilian football culture, but they drop them just as quick if they do not perform on the pitch.

Footballers have just lost all touch with the working class. If you paid £6 to go watch a shit movie, would you be saying 'Oh the actors tried their best so did the director, we shouldn't criticise them'. So, if you pay £2400 to go to South Africa to watch England play, and you get to see that shite, you're well entitled to boo. It was a dire performance, and Rooney the media sweetheart was the most guilty of all, fucking useless he was. Overrated anyway, broke onto the scene at Euro 2004 and has been living off that for England since. How decent was he at 2006? Didn't help our 2008 qualifying campaign either. I hate Judas, but at least he delivered the goods for England and scored huge goals against Brazil and Portugal. Fans are well within their rights to express dissatisfaction with the shit England are shovelling, I know we're not actually good, but we're not that bad either. Please God, let Carragher and Terry never line up together again, and please play Joe Cole. Drop Lampard, Gerrard and Barry CM and J.Cole on the left. It'll be so funny if England go out in the Group Stages, you can just imagine the chaos.

Why on earth would anyone bother to go all the way to SA to boo the team they supposedly support? And why would anyone boo the team they supposedly support to begin with? Do they boo their kids as well after their matches?

Do they pay £1000's of pounds to watch their kids? if they did then they would have every rite to but were not talking about sunday league teams who play for fun are we!! were talking about multi-millionaires who play(dont play depends on how you view last nite) for more money in 1 week than average people earn in 2 years the booing took place after the game not during so they backed their team all match and showed at the end they didnt like what they saw fair enough in my book

I run 2 kids football teams by the way i probably would have boo'd if i'd been there last nite But i wouldn't dream of booing my kids teams just using it to prove the differance in the money involved

By the middle of the second half I was reduced to laughing at the ineptness of it all. It only cost me £20 for a few pints in the pub though, so I could afford to find it funny. The players need taking down a peg or two and learning some humility. Rooney was saying how easy it was going to be before the game, the granny shagging ugly stick.