You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Guest PurpleNose
Same tactics as last year. Maxi does not want to play for us, But where the fuck will he get 90k a week?

The tactics are certainly not the same as last year.

Can't blame him not wanting to play for Hodgson. Doubt many of our players do.

I love how Maxi goes from being a shit player to brilliant in here depending on what game he's had. I think he clearly is a good player he wouldn't get near a Argie side if he wasn't.

Was brilliant at the end of last season, thought he had a good world cup and I reckon he may have been missing his Argie mates a bit. The style we been playing under Roy doesn't suit his game at all either he played well today though.

I love how Maxi goes from being a shit player to brilliant in here depending on what game he's had. I think he clearly is a good player he wouldn't get near a Argie side if he wasn't.

Was brilliant at the end of last season, thought he had a good world cup and I reckon he may have been missing his Argie mates a bit. The style we been playing under Roy doesn't suit his game at all either he played well today though.

Not from me he doesn't. I've always thought he should be our first choice player on our right hand side. He manages to keep the ball and bring lots of others into the play. A real asset, and one of Benitez's best signings.

If his teammates constantly provide options and play a higher tempo, he becomes an extremely useful asset. As was pointed out earlier, he doesn't have the pace to change the tempo of an attack, but that becomes a lot less apparent when the team play a higher line and go for the opposition. He will always find space, but he'll be more effective in it when his teammates are stretching the opposition too. I guess I'm trying to say he's the sort of player who comes into his own when part of an attack-minded unit.

One good game out of ten doesn´t make a great player. Until yesterday he was the worst on the field in every game he played. If he continues to play this way he wil have about 3 good games pro season against 27 poor ones.

He needs to turn the numbers over. He is our Shaun Wright Phillips.

One good game out of ten doesn´t make a great player. Until yesterday he was the worst on the field in every game he played. If he continues to play this way he wil have about 3 good games pro season against 27 poor ones.

He needs to turn the numbers over. He is our Shaun Wright Phillips.

I thought that was ?

Better at retaining possession and linking the play than Mr Kuyt. Not as good defensively or in front of goal. Should be played against the weaker teams where we're expected to dominate possession.

My opinion of him has been a bit topsy-turvy over the last few months, pretty reminiscent of his form I suppose. I thought he finished last season very strongly and would be a real asset to the team this year but overall he's been really poor.

What is crystal clear for me is that he's a player who needs to be in a team that's playing well. That might sound obvious but there are lots of players who can still stand out and put in good performances when the team is struggling but he seemingly can't do that. When the team is playing good football and looking cohesive then he usually looks very good; like yesterday.

My opinion of him has been a bit topsy-turvy over the last few months, pretty reminiscent of his form I suppose. I thought he finished last season very strongly and would be a real asset to the team this year but overall he's been really poor.

What is crystal clear for me is that he's a player who needs to be in a team that's playing well. That might sound obvious but there are lots of players who can still stand out and put in good performances when the team is struggling but he seemingly can't do that. When the team is playing good football and looking cohesive then he usually looks very good; like yesterday.

Agree with that. It's pretty much what I said a few posts up.

When Johnson is fit he has to play wide right as we desperately need a footballer with pace. Then its one of Joe Cole and Maxi

Interesting from having a complete shite squad were now struggling to make room for players in the team.

The squad has always been ok its just been the tactics being employed by the manager up and untl yesterday