You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sack Rafa or keep Rafa?

Maldini

Do you want to sack Rafa or keep Rafa  

266 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want to sack Rafa or keep Rafa

• sack him
    • keep him

That's a ridiculous logic. We're not operating under normal circumstances, 7th in a normal season is a sacking offence because you can in theory replace the underperforming manager with someone better. That won't happen with us. We have a world class manager who had a bad season, the alternative is a shit manager who had a good season.

If new owners don't come in during the summer the club will go into a tailspin. I'd rather have a good manager in charge to try and do everything he can to halt that rather than some stooge appointed by the owners because he'll take his pay and shut up.

Ok. Have it your way.

Not won a bean in 4 years, then?

Either way, there's the door.

We used to be a great club that won things.

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not having that at all, Rafa's biggest failing this year has not being able to motivate the team to keep fighting despite all this shit going on off the pitch. If the owners hadn't fucked everything up it wouldn't have been a problem. It's like blaming firemen for not saving a burning house rather than the arsonist who lit the match.

You know what I'd love, what I'd really love, is for someone to ask the players who's fault the wreck of last season is, there would only be one name on there lips, I guarantee it.

He couldn't give a fuck about any of us, so I don't give a fuck about him. And no amount of overly homoerotic Facebook groups or email campaigns will change that.

Bye fucking bye.

Guest TK-421
He couldn't give a fuck about any of us, so I don't give a fuck about him. And no amount of overly homoerotic Facebook groups or email campaigns will change that.

Bye fucking bye.

The same is true of the whole club.

Do you think anyone would have won the league for us this season?

Doubt it. I wasn't expecting us to win the league, as I was one of the few who could actually see how shit were last year.

But I do expect us to at least approach games for a win instead of the negative, controlling utter fucking shite we've seen week in week out for fucking years.

We've got some great players here, not enough to win the league, but certainly to be playing better, finishing better and just all round being better than this.

That's all ON THE PITCH related. And that's all down to one man and one man alone, and it isn't one of the owners.

I'm sick of management and the ownership issue being treated as mutually exclusive of the other. Truth is that both roles are in the wrong hands. They're all shit, and they can all fuck off. i want my club back.

How much of the rest of the club uses those same fans they don't give a fuck about to get what they want?

We're nothing but collateral to him and he has the cheek to tell his mate to tell us to show we want him? Fuck off.

Tbh i've no massive problem with him on a personality level, his politics are very tiresome but hey ho, it's the abysmal style of football we play that's the clincher for me, and no Liverpool manager can lose 19 games (possibly even 20) and expect to keep his job, it's a nonsense.

Its clear that the ownership problem and the debt have caused huge problems for Rafa and has affected the players this season.

However I have been disatisfied with Rafa for sometime...for a period last season I thought that he had finally seen the light and was ready to play a more attacking style but it did not last. The whole concept of Liverpool FC playing one up front and two holding midfielders against sides that should be considered as cannon-fodder is wrong. Rafa is fixed on a defensive mindset and that for me is only acceptable if it brings results - and I don't think it can. How many extra points could we have got if we had gone at teams rather than sitting back ?

Rafa probably should have had more funds but last summer's deals still baffle me. Every fan said we needed a back-up striker and yet we spent millions on a right back. Ok he's English and an international but was sold by his "top 4" team because of his defensive frailty and he has not got any better. Aquilani - the jury is still out but he was injured and had a bad injury record - he was a risk. Overall the squad is not strong enough and although funding played a big part in that the insistance on keeping and playing the likes of El Zhar and Degen (known as "sicknote" in Germany) is down to the manager. The sale of Alonso was a disaster and it brings into question Rafa's man-management skills - I also suspect that some of our squad have serious doubts about him & his ability to motivate them is definately in question.

I certainly don't subscribe to the view that Rafa deserves name- calling and abuse but from what we have seen on the pitch his time is up.

It's an impossible question to answer without knowing who would replace him. If new owners come in over the summer and provide him with a transfer kitty sufficient to balance both the first team and squad, then we may be glad that Rafa had been afforded patience and perseverance and that the club avoided the upheaval of a new manager wanting to clear out the squad to make room for his own players

It's an impossible question to answer without knowing who would replace him.[/b] If new owners come in over the summer and provide him with a transfer kitty sufficient to balance both the first team and squad' date=' then we may be glad that Rafa had been afforded patience and perseverance and that the club avoided the upheaval of a new manager wanting to clear out the squad to make room for his own players[/quote']

It's not. Did you want Houllier retained on the same premiss?

It's an impossible question to answer without knowing who would replace him. If new owners come in over the summer and provide him with a transfer kitty sufficient to balance both the first team and squad, then we may be glad that Rafa had been afforded patience and perseverance and that the club avoided the upheaval of a new manager wanting to clear out the squad to make room for his own players

That's just ridiculous. if you're sht at your job and taking your employers on a downward spiral then you lose your job. End of.

Who replaces you is a completely different matter altogether.

That's just ridiculous. if you're sht at your job and taking your employers on a downward spiral then you lose your job. End of.

Who replaces you is a completely different matter altogether.

Not if the replacement is even shitter.

Not having that at all, Rafa's biggest failing this year has not being able to motivate the team to keep fighting despite all this shit going on off the pitch. If the owners hadn't fucked everything up it wouldn't have been a problem. It's like blaming firemen for not saving a burning house rather than the arsonist who lit the match.

The weakening of the squad is very much down to Rafa, pure and simple. In the latest transfer windows he has obviously had to sell to buy. In this situation an average manager would at least make sure the quality of the overall squad remained the same. He has failed spectacularly to do so. It only really took one summer of negative investment to highlight this.

Paul, putting aside the ownership struggle for a minute, can you honestly stomach the controlling, cautious football he advocates?

I've only been really disappointed in one of his seasons here, that is this season.

I think the ownership issue has a lot to do with what has went wrong, I also think Rafa has made mistakes.

I don't hink we've always played bad football under him, except the last few months of last season, like some are suggesting.

I've only been really disappointed in one of his seasons here, that is this season.

I think the ownership issue has a lot to do with what has went wrong, I also think Rafa has made mistakes.

I don't hink we've always played bad football under him, except the last few months of last season, like some are suggesting.

Fair enough, if that's what you believe then you are right to defend him.