You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Aquilani's Agent

Bender

The agent of Liverpool midfielder Alberto Aquilani has not ruled out a return to Italy with Fiorentina this summer.

Aquilani has been a disappointment at Anfield since his £20million move from Roma last summer as a supposed replacement for Xabi Alonso, with his time in England disrupted by several injuries.

Speculation has suggested that debt-ridden Liverpool may look to raise transfer funds by offloading the Italy international, while manager Rafa Benitez's uncertain future has also cast the player's prospects into doubt.

Fiorentina have been credited with an interest in Aquilani and his agent, Franco Zavaglia,knows that the Serie A club's sporting director, Pantaleo Corvino, is an admirer.

"The interest of Fiorentina is not new," Zavaglia told firenzeviola.it. "There are rumours about Aquilani and Fiorentina for three years.

"I don't think there is anything concrete at the moment, but one thing is for certain, Alberto is a craze of Corvino.

"It is still too early to tell if a deal is possible. First of all the priority is to finish the season well. Then we will know what will be the future at Liverpool.

LINK

"Alberto to Juve? Only rumors": Franco Zavaglia stops all rumors about Alberto Aquilani at Liverpool. "I don't understand how you can speak about the future far from England for him: he feels so good in Liverpool and he never had thought to come back to Italy. Also yesterday there were rumors about a dispute with Benitez, absolutely false. Aquilani stays on Liverpool. I never spoken neither with Juve, nor with other Italian clubs".

Boom!

The agent of Liverpool midfielder Alberto Aquilani has not ruled out a return to Italy with Fiorentina this summer.

Aquilani has been a disappointment at Anfield since his £20million move from Roma last summer as a supposed replacement for Xabi Alonso, with his time in England disrupted by several injuries.

Speculation has suggested that debt-ridden Liverpool may look to raise transfer funds by offloading the Italy international, while manager Rafa Benitez's uncertain future has also cast the player's prospects into doubt.

Fiorentina have been credited with an interest in Aquilani and his agent, Franco Zavaglia,knows that the Serie A club's sporting director, Pantaleo Corvino, is an admirer.

"The interest of Fiorentina is not new," Zavaglia told firenzeviola.it. "There are rumours about Aquilani and Fiorentina for three years.

"I don't think there is anything concrete at the moment, but one thing is for certain, Alberto is a craze of Corvino.

"It is still too early to tell if a deal is possible. First of all the priority is to finish the season well. Then we will know what will be the future at Liverpool.

LINK

There's no doubt there's a good player in aquilani. I just dont think we'll see it under the current manager.

Wouldnt be surprised at all if aquilani moves in the summer. In fact I think its very likely.

Liverpool FC consider Alberto Aquilani swap deal for Juventus ace > Liverpool FC > Sport | Click Liverpool

Alberto Aquilani could be offered to Juventus as a makeweight in Liverpool's bid to lure Vincenzo Iaquinta to Anfield.

Despite Aquilani's agent insisting that his client would not be leaving Merseyside, the Reds are considering offloading the 25-year-old, who has struggled to feature regularly in Rafael Benitez's side this season, for the Bianconeri forward to provide additional options up front.

Juventus are currently planning a major rebuilding process following the appointment of new president Andrea Agnelli, who hopes to deliver the Champions League to the Stadio Olimpico within the next three years.

Rafael Benitez's future at Anfield remains unclear after being constantly linked with a move to Turin this year but talks with chairman Martin Broughton on Thursday, described by Liverpool officials as "constructive", suggesting that the Spaniard will remain at the club.

Iaquinta, 30, joined from Udinese in summer 2007 but struggled to cement his place in Juve's squad until injury to Carvalho Amauri and David Trezeguet saw him become an ever-present in the side before he was sidelined for six months with a major injury.

Aquilani has failed to make an impact at Anfield since his £17million move from AS Roma last summer and is believed to favour a return to Serie A, with Fiorentina understood to be keen on signing him but unable to meet his wage demands due to a self-imposed salary cap.

A planned swoop for Iaquinta comes after Tottenham Hotspur priced Liverpool out of a move for Valencia hitman Juan Mata.

The former Real Madrid starlet, now 22, has been linked with a move to some of Europe's top clubs but the North Londoners have won the race to sign the versatile attacker, with Harry Redknapp keen to bolster his troops ahead of next season's Champions League campaign.

I like Aquilani. An attacking midfielder with technique and imagination? It's almost like the pre Souness days!

Aquilani is a very talented player, but do you not think he gives the ball away a lot? Maybe that is because he is a bit rusty due to a lack of game time, but he seems a bit wasteful in possession at times to me.

Guest The Big Green Bastard

Aquilani is not a disappointment, he has showed a lot of promise with his cavalier 'pass and move' style and i can only see him getting better next season. Even though he is made to sit on the bench he is one of a few players that actually give a shit.

The only reason he has struggled is 'rafa'.

Spurs are signing so many good young talents. They have that Brazilian kid Sandro who is meant to be quality and now Mata to already supplement a young hungry squad.

With both Villa and Silva likely to leave Valencia this summer, I'd be shocked to see Mata leave as well.

Aquilani is a very talented player, but do you not think he gives the ball away a lot? Maybe that is because he is a bit rusty due to a lack of game time, but he seems a bit wasteful in possession at times to me.

His sort of player will always give the ball away more than players who continually attempt to play the safe pass. We have players who look to play the safe pass and give it away. I'd rather have someone who is aware of and can often bring benefit from the opportunities that arise. We'll benefit from it all over the park. Static midfielders will start making runs or finding space again, or forwards will enjoy more service again, we'll put the opposition on the back foot again. At the moment we've got the worst of both worlds.

I hope he gets a chance next season, he has shown some good stuff in the few games he has played, if Rafa doesnt fuck him about he might turn out to be a good player for us.

In saying that the poor bastard didnt stand a chance being the replacement for xabi.

I think Mata is being eyed up by Real.

and I'll be furious if Aquilani goes now.

He's not going to go back there though is he? Public enemy number one! He fits in with Real's policy of bringing back "The second wave of Pavons" who they let go (Granero, Arbeloa etc)

If Aquilani is sold, I assume that is Gerrard moved permanently back to his midfield role. I would love us to go all out for Milner with the Aquilani funds.

To play where?

Not arguing like, just wondering.

If Aquilani is sold, I assume that is Gerrard moved permanently back to his midfield role. I would love us to go all out for Milner with the Aquilani funds.

This is no dig at you, an James Milner has improved, but fuck me that is a depressing statement. Milner is good enough but if we're moving Gerrard back into centre midfield and Mascherano is there then Milner isn't going to play in the middle where he has been doing so well for Villa.

Any funds we get this summer need to be spent on a centre forward who can play with Torres or on his own. Preferably he'll be a big centre forward type to link our attack together

This is no dig at you, an James Milner has improved, but fuck me that is a depressing statement. Milner is good enough but if we're moving Gerrard back into centre midfield and Mascherano is there then Milner isn't going to play in the middle where he has been doing so well for Villa.

Any funds we get this summer need to be spent on a centre forward who can play with Torres or on his own. Preferably he'll be a big centre forward type to link our attack together

I meant if we signed Milner, Gerrard could continue playing off Torres. We would not need both.

Edwn Dzeko would be ideal for that centre forward role you mentioned. He'd cost £20M I'd say.

I meant if we signed Milner, Gerrard could continue playing off Torres. We would not need both.

Edwn Dzeko would be ideal for that centre forward role you mentioned. He'd cost £20M I'd say.

Dzeko is the player I have wanted us to get. He's got the lot and is now a proven talisman at league European and International level and has proven his consistency this season.

Miles out of our price range but would be better than Drogba if we could get him

I'd be less radical and divide Aqua struggle into Benitez's fault and injuries. If he starts against Hull, he'll have just the same amount of starts as he did last three seasons in Rome, 27 in three campaigns, so 9 in each of them. He wasn't ready until Birmingham, when he got his debut, maybe Blackburn or Wigan home were proper games to let him start. Still he played against Bolton, Wolves, Spurs, Reading in a short space of time, Wolves away, he should be in the side, big Rafa mistake. He got two little ankle injuries and was simply ill at least twice, so didn't get many games. And Rafe reverted to 4-4-2 against Blackburn, Wigan, Sunderland, West Ham and and Birmingham, so no chance he could fill instead of Masch/Lucas. Instead of Gerrard, why not?:) He is still prospective, next season I expect double figures in assists from him, already 6 in 8 starts:) He can be a monster of a player:)