You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Job interviews

Captain

46 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

One of my clients is big on all this stuff. She regularly tells me the reason why she want things in certain colours, the specifics escape me as I don’t really fully listen and just do whatever in whatever colour she asks.

I do know that yellow is supposed to have some quality that appeals.

Personally, I look a right cunt in yellow but you may be able to pull it off. 

Good luck.

I’m wearing a yellow T-shirt right now and also look a cunt. 

• Upvote 3

Just had a interview 90 mins ago. 

I suggests shorts and a black T Shirt, though mine was online with a company i ended up leaving less than a year ago when they lost the site contract to a bunch a useless cunts called incentive FM. 

Already been unofficially told that all 4 of us(half the team) has been accepted and will get the job. Its a bit of a pay drop (£150 month) but i can get by ok on it and sometimes things are more important. They have no experience in security but keep shouting we are unprofessional and don't do enough. We think they plan to restructure the contracts in Dec anyway and will cut wages, already read security on other sites they own are having cleaning work added to their duties on sites they hold both contracts. They can fuck right off, not that im above cleaning but i've been doing my job 18 fucking years on this site and know my job inside out. 

So in short fuck them, and the new job is a 15 walk from my house

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Lee909 said:

Just had a interview 90 mins ago. 

I suggests shorts and a black T Shirt, though mine was online with a company i ended up leaving less than a year ago when they lost the site contract to a bunch a useless cunts called incentive FM. 

Already been unofficially told that all 4 of us(half the team) has been accepted and will get the job. Its a bit of a pay drop (£150 month) but i can get by ok on it and sometimes things are more important. They have no experience in security but keep shouting we are unprofessional and don't do enough. We think they plan to restructure the contracts in Dec anyway and will cut wages, already read security on other sites they own are having cleaning work added to their duties on sites they hold both contracts. They can fuck right off, not that im above cleaning but i've been doing my job 18 fucking years on this site and know my job inside out. 

So in short fuck them, and the new job is a 15 walk from my house

Good luck , Lee.

Incentive FM sound like the worst option on Dab radio.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Good luck , Lee.

Incentive FM sound like the worst option on Dab radio.

Thanks

Wish i could see the reaction of the management when the realise they've just half the team, including the security manager/supervisor,his number 2 and me the night supervisor all on one day. We are the only 3 that know the site inside out and know how to actually do all the paperwork and reports that need doing. To put it mildly they are fucked

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Clem H Fandango said:

I got the job! The office building has a free gym and a rooftop garden with bbq pit. I also get to work from home when I choose.

Felt great to hand my months notice in and no more dealing with murdered/raped adults and children. Just goes to show that at 46 I still got it.

What colour shirt did you go with?

3 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

What colour shirt did you go with?

Dark blue. 

The woman who interviewed me has an incredible milf body. She said she could do with a gym buddy as no one else goes. I took her up on it but in hindsight, I don't know how I'm going to use a cross trainer with a boner if she's going to wear lycra.

37 minutes ago, Clem H Fandango said:

I got the job! The office building has a free gym and a rooftop garden with bbq pit. I also get to work from home when I choose.

Felt great to hand my months notice in and no more dealing with murdered/raped adults and children. Just goes to show that at 46 I still got it.

Congratulations. That’s great news.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Started the new job today.

There is free fruit, cake and coffee including those pod coffees. There's free beer/cider/gin to drink on a Friday afternoon. Also, free pizza once a month.

Unfortunately I'm going to be working from home on Fridays and Mondays so will miss out on the beer ffs.

Still, I'm very lucky to have found such a relaxed place like this to work.

• Upvote 3

45 minutes ago, Clem H Fandango said:

Started the new job today.

There is free fruit, cake and coffee including those pod coffees. There's free beer/cider/gin to drink on a Friday afternoon. Also, free pizza once a month.

Unfortunately I'm going to be working from home on Fridays and Mondays so will miss out on the beer ffs.

Still, I'm very lucky to have found such a relaxed place like this to work.

What do they actually do?

On 28/08/2021 at 11:52, Clem H Fandango said:

Dark blue. 

The woman who interviewed me has an incredible milf body. She said she could do with a gym buddy as no one else goes. I took her up on it but in hindsight, I don't know how I'm going to use a cross trainer with a boner if she's going to wear lycra.

The question I think we all need answering is ‘have you??’

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

My mate did an interview with someone the question he asked ( set by the company) " can you tell me when you had a problem at work that you solved with an innovative solution?" 

The bloke replied that he worked at a chippy and when he dropped chips in the fryer they splashed fat at him, his solution was to stand back and throw them in. My mate said he was trying not piss himself.  

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Mook said:

I have one this week on Webex.

Genuine question, what should I wear? Are people wearing shirts and ties to these types of interviews?

What’s the company? Industry? That will probably give you a clue. 

Unless it’s an old school company, or financial services, you’ll probably be ok with a shirt.