You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Next Liverpool Manager

StevieH

Hodgson, Pellegrini, Deschamps & Rijkaard for the next LFC Manager?  

212 members have voted

1. 1. Hodgson, Pellegrini, Deschamps & Rijkaard for the next LFC Manager?

I dont understand why Barrett, Maddock or any journalist are not talking up Pellegrini, despite the fact that he's a good candidate and has been heavily backed as the 2nd Favourite to be appointed Liverpool manager, yet if you look at the British press it's like tumbleweed as far as Pellegrini is concerned

They will look very,very stupid if he does end up getting it and not one of them has mentioned it.

Why Kenny Dalglish should be crowned King of the Kop once more and handed the Anfield manager's job - David Maddock column - MirrorFootball.co.uk

Kenny Dalglish has made it clear – through friends and family – that he wants the Liverpool job.

Speaking to those people close to him, all have a very similar message… quite simply, no matter how long he has been out of the game, he still retains the hunger to succeed as a top-flight manager.

As a journalist, I have covered three different teams managed by Kenny, and at each club, he has exuded a real sense that he is true football man, who cares passionately about the game, and has a deep understanding of its nuances.

Which is exactly what is needed at Anfield right now. The club is in a mess. They have owners who still won’t sell - despite some perfectly reasonable offers on the table – because of a ridiculously myopic view of what the business is worth.

They seem to lack leadership at the top, too, where the amateur bumblings into the world of football by two Yanks who know diddly squat about the sport has left an embarrassing vacuum which has not come close to being filled.

Which means that the decision to sack Rafa Benitez took a preposterously long time, and was handled in a terrible way. And now the decision to appoint a successor has been conducted in the same agonising manner.

What is needed at Liverpool right now is decisive action. It doesn’t need a couple of Americans saying they have heard some random, unsuitable coach is the right man for the job, and so let’s go get him.

What it needs is real football knowledge. Apparently, Dalglish was employed to provide that in the selection process, and after careful deliberation he came to the conclusion that he is the right man for the job.

What he can do is bring rival, warring factions together, and appease those who are still clinging onto an understandable grievance about the nature of Benitez’s departure.

His qualities are what is required at Liverpool right now. He is a football man, who cares about the club, and has a sense of calm authority that has been missing for too long at Anfield.

Roy Hodgson also possesses these qualities, and for all the unfair criticism aimed at him by some Liverpool fans, he too would be a fine choice to bring some dignity to a club that has shown precious little in recent years.

But if Kenny wants the job, if he does come out and suggest he is ready to take it, then he clearly would be an outstanding choice, no matter how long he has been out of the game, and especially if he has a talented young coach alongside him.

I just don't see a sale happening anytime for at least 2 years. I don't understand how, but H&G will make their money, be it through asset stripping or someway.

why would he sell a buisness with money still in it

he bankrupted his local baseball team,at least the MLB finaly had the balls to sell it under him,the EPL wont do it as the yanks are members of the epl as our the glazers so why would they screw themselves

assest stripping coming soon,stock up on dvds if you want to see Torres in a liverpool shirt

I dont understand why Barrett, Maddock or any journalist are not talking up Pellegrini, despite the fact that he's a good candidate and has been heavily backed as the 2nd Favourite to be appointed Liverpool manager, yet if you look at the British press it's like tumbleweed as far as Pellegrini is concerned

They will look very,very stupid if he does end up getting it and not one of them has mentioned it.

Maddock was sounding smug when he was 'announcing' what was happening a week or so ago, but now he sounds out of the loop.

If (big if)we get the final with Hodgson, I would have been to every fucking match, so I will decide whether or not I want to go the match in the first place. If a final place means we keep the Americans then I hope we fail, if being shit gets rid of the Americans then I hope we fail, if Roy Hodgson's appointment finally shows people the contempt this board has of the fans of this club then I hope he fails.

I might however decide to spend the next year, discecting every single press conferance he gives, criticising everything he does, lapping up malicious lies that give credence to my 'theories', cherry picking particular matches and instances that suit my arguments, dismissing other peoples opinions as irrelevant and blinded by their love of Roy, stating that I won't be brow beaten by 'sheap' then finally when I have my way, I might start posting about 'getting behind the reds' and 'standing as one' and lecturing people one what it means to be a liverpool fan.

How would a final place mean the Americans fail? Strange? Still, never mind.

Lapping up malicious lies eh. Hmmmm. I haven't spread any lies about anybody and whatever people have said about him how do you KNOW they aren't telling the truth? Just because you refuse to believe it doesn't mean it isn't true. There might be something in the odd thing somebody says. Oh and when you lose 19 games a season it is not cherry picking but more like a feast.

Anyway, he has gone, get over it.

why would he sell a buisness with money still in it

he bankrupted his local baseball team,at least the MLB finaly had the balls to sell it under him,the EPL wont do it as the yanks are members of the epl as our the glazers so why would they screw themselves

assest stripping coming soon,stock up on dvds if you want to see Torres in a liverpool shirt

Bingo! Exactly why there won't be a sale for a long time.

Maddock was sounding smug when he was 'announcing' what was happening a week or so ago, but now he sounds out of the loop.

Thats because he knows fuck all. 2 weeks ago we were making an 'official approach' to Hodgson within 48 hours. Still no official approach as far as I am aware. Back in April, he stated that the yanks were not in control of the sale process, now they are veto-ing offers left, right and centre. The fucker can't have it all ways. Do you think he's peddling this stuff in order to SELL NEWSPAPERS? And who are these sources close to Anfield? The programme sellers, the tea lady?

I don't think Martin Broughton's took this gig to piss around for two months. What would be the fucking point? I'm convinced he has been put in place by the banks to act as the conduit for a smoother sale to the Middle East. What was the point of Rafa being paid £4-6m, when everyone knew Inter would be in the frame? They needed him to be 'out of the loop' by a certain time to satisfy something, because lets face it, there were discussions about his future, but when it came it came late Wednesday night and was 'done & dusted' by Thursday afternoon. Something has changed and this managerial sideshow is part of it.

Thats because he knows fuck all. 2 weeks ago we were making an 'official approach' to Hodgson within 48 hours. Still no official approach as far as I am aware. Back in April, he stated that the yanks were not in control of the sale process, now they are veto-ing offers left, right and centre. The fucker can't have it all ways. Do you think he's peddling this stuff in order to SELL NEWSPAPERS? And who are these sources close to Anfield? The programme sellers, the tea lady?

I don't think Martin Broughton's took this gig to piss around for two months. What would be the fucking point? I'm convinced he has been put in place by the banks to act as the conduit for a smoother sale to the Middle East. What was the point of Rafa being paid £4-6m, when everyone knew Inter would be in the frame? They needed him to be 'out of the loop' by a certain time to satisfy something, because lets face it, there were discussions about his future, but when it came it came late Wednesday night and was 'done & dusted' by Thursday afternoon. Something has changed and this managerial sideshow is part of it.

And you would know this how?

NEXT LIVERPOOL MANAGER LATEST ODDS SHOW ROY HODGSON PRICE CLIMBING | Bettingchoice.co.uk

The betting volume on the Next Liverpool Manager market at Betfair has been growing steadily since this contest started to boil down to a two-horse race. We're seeing the layers start to come out in force though on Roy Hodgson and that has definitely been the story of the last 24 hours in this betting market.

CLICK HERE FOR YOUR FREE BET ON NEXT LIVERPOOL MANAGER WITH BETFAIR!

Personally, I am starting to get the feeling that if Roy Hodgson was going to become the next Liverpool manager that he would have already been appointed to it by now.

You'll find Roy Hodgson's odds priced at 2.06 now and that's a bit higher than his odds-on price of 1.88 that he was trading around for the bulk of yesterday. I expect a bit of fluctuation today, but Hodgson will likely stay above even money for the rest of the day.

Manuel Pellegrini has emerged as Hodgson's main rival and he also seems to represent the bulk of the dedicated Liverpool support who don't seem to be enamoured with Roy Hodgson and his brand of football.

You'll find Manuel Pellegrini priced at a 3.9 margin and I think he will trend downwards for the rest of the day as punters continue to pile on. He has been fluctuating heavily over the past few days and had ventured towards a 6.0 price before crashing back down to below the 4.0 margin.

The only real potential outside bet right now might be Fabio Capello for next Liverpool manager, but that's based on England crashing out tomorrow and then Capello resigning immediately. He's priced at 60.0 to be Next Liverpool Manager and you really never know whats going to happen. I would expect Capello's price to drop sharply if England don't progress though. Still, from my vantage point it looks like Pellegrini is the best choice.

Betting tips NEXT LIVERPOOL MANAGER LATEST ODDS SHOW ROY HODGSON PRICE CLIMBING | Bettingchoice.co.uk

The best source for sports betting tips

And you would know this how?

I don't, I'm just a glass half full type of bloke. I've had it with the gnashing of teeth and they've all got it in for me routine. Its happened too many times. If the Yanks are in total control, whats the fucking point in announcing that you are selling the club? Why was Martin Broughton appointed? Why didn't they just leave it to Purslow to piss around looking for investment.

If anyone at RBS has got any commercial acumen they will take a long look at Hicks defaulting on his loans in the US and think 'fuck me, we can't afford to let that happen here.' Additionally, who is going to extend that fucker an alternative line of credit?

Its getting sold. It might not be next month to rich Arabs, but its getting sold IMO.

Might have to do with two stories floating around.

One is he wants to stay in Spain.

The other is because,Liverpool seem to have gone cold on the appointment of him.

Here's the latest text rumour Ive had -

Hiddink in, Temp Manager.

Hiddink's contract with Russia expires on the 30th of June. How much would the compensation be to buy him out of his contract with Turkey which is due to start on August 1st?

Hiddink's contract with Russia expires on the 30th of June. How much would the compensation be to buy him out of his contract with Turkey which is due to start on August 1st?

Haven't the foggiest mate, I laughed when I received the text to be honest, what with all the crazy ones flying round.

I would love it though.