You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Next Liverpool Manager

StevieH

Hodgson, Pellegrini, Deschamps & Rijkaard for the next LFC Manager?  

212 members have voted

1. 1. Hodgson, Pellegrini, Deschamps & Rijkaard for the next LFC Manager?

If the current manager is at the world cup, and if we are waiting until the world cup is finished, then that suggests that he expects to be at the world cup in the later stages! So Sven and Otmar are not really contenders.

Woys out there working for the beeb on the final and the cunts save on a months salary.

I always thought Hodgson wouldnt last 15 games, if Kenny is pissed off then he will last shorter than I expected.

I do think it's a good move by Kenny because when it goes tits up they will have to crawl back to him. The sad thing is Pellegrini is an outstanding candidate who is available and should be the one appointed

I dont understand why Purslow and the board are so keen on Hodgson, what is his vision and what players does he want to sign? He has no recent experience managing a big club and knowing what real pressure is like. no one gives a shit about Fulham and Blackburn in the league, relatively speaking, they're there to make up the numbers.

You answered your own question fella.

At the end of the day its irrelevant who the next manager will be. Until the owners are gone this club is fucked. I just want some sort of resemblance of Liverpool back, even if that meant administration, League 2 football, I just want the club united and everyone just enjoying the football.

Am sick to the back teeth of ownership issues. Nobody spoke of ownership or who was on the board before Sky came along and sold our souls.

Sorry, you can't blame Sky for that.

That was all Moores and Parry.

If they do appoint Hodgson I have no idea how a board of a top football club can make such a staggeringly inept appointment.

it's like watching a car crash in slow motion. That's why Kenny is speaking out and making his opposition known, i'm glad someone at the club is

the way I see it our expectations will be managed downwards, we're not going to be spending like those clubs either on transfers or wages, even after sales

Hodgson will be tasked with a limited transfer budget and to manage our expectations downwards by sweet talking the support, a good cup run in the UEFA cup and midtable Roy and his Purslow briefed friends in the press will tell us is a terrific achievement and that the sale of the club or a new stadium is just around the corner.

You do know that is totally wrong dont you, were down £20m a year in CL money already, 40% of the Standered Chaterted deal is based on CL qualification, so thats another £8m down, not including TV money if were not in the mix were gona be down £35m a year in revenue if the team does'nt improve, its not in the Yanks intrests to allow the team performance to deminise anymore, and its not good for a sale price, is it?

Our wages for the season 08/09 was the 4th highest, last summer 7 1st team players werre awarded new contracts and wage hikes, our wage bill is over £100m.

Hodgson (not my 1st choice)if he takes over will not be a patsy for anybody, it takes years to build up a good reputation and he's not gona risk it coming here unless he has written agreements, and before you say Rafa had them, no he did'nt Rafa got a payrise to shut up and accepted it.

any agreements or guarantee's from the yanks are worth fuck all and Hodgson is the kind of manager who wouldnt get a look in at any other big club so will crawl over hot coals to come and work at Liverpool

I'm pretty confident he will only last 15 games though so no sweat, just 6 months of more turmoil and damage to the club

I'm not sure about the rest of your post al, but this is probably close to the mark. If Kenny had applied formally for the position as soon as Benitez left, this High Noon scenario could have been avoided for both of them.

Depends whether Kenny would prefer the job with or without Purslow?

Depends whether Kenny would prefer the job with or without Purslow?

But Kenny is less likely to get the job now than he would have been had he applied for the job formally and privately. If he had failed to get the job, he could then choose a principled stand and agitate from outside the club, or remain in his current job. He has placed himself and the board in a difficult position now, and his chances of success are reduced. He may still get it, but it would have been better if he had applied earlier. We still don't know if he has applied for it formally.

You do know that is totally wrong dont you, were down £20m a year in CL money already, 40% of the Standered Chaterted deal is based on CL qualification, so thats another £8m down, not including TV money if were not in the mix were gona be down £35m a year in revenue if the team does'nt improve, its not in the Yanks intrests to allow the team performance to deminise anymore, and its not good for a sale price, is it?

Our wages for the season 08/09 was the 4th highest, last summer 7 1st team players werre awarded new contracts and wage hikes, our wage bill is over £100m.

Hodgson (not my 1st choice)if he takes over will not be a patsy for anybody, it takes years to build up a good reputation and he's not gona risk it coming here unless he has written agreements, and before you say Rafa had them, no he did'nt Rafa got a payrise to shut up and accepted it.

Is that last little bit another one of these FACTS we read so much about?

Or is it like the rumour and speculation we're being told not to believe about poor little Christian?

But Kenny is less likely to get the job now than he would have been had he applied for the job formally and privately. If he had failed to get the job, he could then choose a principled stand and agitate from outside the club, or remain in his current job. He has placed himself and the board in a difficult position now, and his chances of success are reduced. He may still get it, but it would have been better if he had applied earlier. We still don't know if he has applied for it formally.

The other possibility is that he only wants the job since Hodgson was made favourite. Or that this is all a big

old12.jpg

Who knows. I just wish they would fucking well get on with appointing someone.

The other possibility is that he only wants the job since Hodgson was made favourite. Or that this is all a big

old12.jpg

Who knows. I just wish they would fucking well get on with appointing someone.

I know what you mean, I'd rather just know now, whoever it is

Is that last little bit another one of these FACTS we read so much about?

Or is it like the rumour and speculation we're being told not to believe about poor little Christian?

I know Purslow is a slimey little shit, but lets be very clear when the Rafapoligists were getting a hardon last year as Rafa had his new contract with full control and nasty Parry would be gone leaving Rafa to conquer all before him, later events proved he had fuck all control, and in the 16 months that followed there was no more whinging and a massive payout at the end of it, are you really trying to say there was'nt a gagging order? Tell me what do you think the reason was at least 5 drafts of the contract were sent back for, what do you think was the reason, Control or greed

any agreements or guarantee's from the yanks are worth fuck all and Hodgson is the kind of manager who wouldnt get a look in at any other big club so will crawl over hot coals to come and work at Liverpool

I'm pretty confident he will only last 15 games though so no sweat, just 6 months of more turmoil and damage to the club

Pretty confident? You make it sound like you want him to fail.

The other possibility is that he only wants the job since Hodgson was made favourite.

I can't buy into that Zigger. That's not how these things work in real life - it's a bit different from finding out your dickhead mate is going to pick up the takeaway and then saying 'Fuck it, I'll go and get it meself - he's bound to forget something'. Dalglish either wants the job or he doesn't. He's not nursing the club.

I'm more likely to go for your other suggestion - let's just hope it's just smoke and not chlorine.

I know Purslow is a slimey little shit, but lets be very clear when the Rafapoligists were getting a hardon last year as Rafa had his new contract with full control and nasty Parry would be gone leaving Rafa to conquer all before him, later events proved he had fuck all control, and in the 16 months that followed there was no more whinging and a massive payout at the end of it, are you really trying to say there was'nt a gagging order? Tell me what do you think the reason was at least 5 drafts of the contract were sent back for, what do you think was the reason, Control or greed

Point missed.

You choose to believe the above to be fact.

Others on here believe it to be rumour and speculation.

Some people on here believe Purslow is being given too hard a time because of rumour and speculation, and are telling others to lay off him.

Bizarrely, they're predominantly the same people who were giving rumour and speculation about our former manager as fact.

My point is they can't have it both ways.

And apologies for the slow response - am on a phone and have fat thumbs!

Lets appoint a manager that will not unify the fans, and will not prove too difficult an obstacle in the future, lets wipe away the affinity between all our managers and the fans, because we don't like the power this gives those men.

Yes, in that instance I want that man to fail!

• Upvote 1

Kenny Dalglish: The King turned kingmaker at Liverpool

Analysis: Tony Evans Football Editor

Last updated June 22 2010 12:01AM

The gruff Glaswegian growl cut through the chatter in an incongruously upmarket London bar: “You’re either inside the tent p**sing out, or outside the tent p**sing in. Where are you?”

This was Kenny Dalglish responding to concerns that his return to Liverpool in an ambassadorial role last summer appeared to give a seal of approval to the owners. He made it clear that he was back at Anfield because he could help. He did, however, on that autumn day, endorse the role of Christian Purslow, the managing director, when questions were raised about the former equity dealer’s credentials.

Purslow is a friend, yet Dalglish will not stand idly by and watch him appoint Roy Hodgson as manager of Liverpool. Hodgson is another friend, but there are bigger matters at stake here for the Scot than personal relationships.

Dalglish does not believe the Fulham manager is the right man for the job. Purslow has the power to push the appointment through, but dare he? It is one thing to defeat Rafael Benítez after a dreadful season, quite another to take on the man who defers only to Bill Shankly as the club’s iconic figure.

Dalglish outside the tent is unthinkable. The man the Kop calls “The King” could bring torrents to bear that would wash Purslow’s entire campsite away.

Tony Evans is the author of Far Foriegn Land: Pride and Passion the Liverpool way

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/sport/football/article2566494.ece

At the end of the day its irrelevant who the next manager will be. Until the owners are gone this club is fucked. I just want some sort of resemblance of Liverpool back, even if that meant administration, League 2 football, I just want the club united and everyone just enjoying the football.

Am sick to the back teeth of ownership issues. Nobody spoke of ownership or who was on the board before Sky came along and sold our souls.

I get your general point, but its probably more relevant now than its ever been.