You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Gay thread

kop

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread raises some very interesting - and potentially difficult - points, in my view. The fact is that this country is now the most tolerant it has ever been of homosexuality, both in law and in attitude. However, homophobia still exists in spades. One of the many reasons for this is the fact that most straight people have little to do with gay people as they perceive them to be (ie, the media stereotype) and therefore feel a bit bewildered by the whole nature of homosexuality and the cultures that surround it.

In my view, there's nothing wrong with wondering why many gay men are camp to some degree or another or why some lesbians are butch. To question is not to judge; in fact, Knut's questions, despite being heavy-handed (he is writing in his second language, remember), suggested someone looking to understand, rather than judge or condemn. That's a good thing, in my opinion.

Who's to say why many of the perceived behaviours of gay people occur. It could be genetic, it could be social/cultural or it could be a combination of the two. However, the very asking of such questions will hopefully lead to demystification and consequently greater tolerance and understanding. At the end of the day, none of that shit really matters, but it's a barrier that many people (both straight and gay) struggle to overcome. What does it matter how consenting adults fall in love or have sex? The fact that so many people get so worked up about that issue has always bemused me, even as a kid. However, the fact is that they do. I reckon that directly addressing the questions that people have about sexuality, but never usually talk about, is a good way to go if such attitudes are to permanently change.

Racist.

You can't call them that anymore.

• 8 months later...
My theory is that gay men are just men. ie. Horny.

It's therefore easier to get your end away with a horny man than those frigid "women" things.

It's a good theory.

It's probably true. That or they just don't have the powers of seduction that us players got, so they settle for anything they can get, younowharamsayin?

I love how the most uncouthe (obviously in a jokey way) people are a woman and a gay man. All the blokes and their over the top vociferous ripostes have suddenly dissapeared?

Rog, I'll get in to bed with you if you come and fix my roof. Innuendo ? Well that would be telling woulldn't it.

I'm not sure of the topic like because the OP wasn't himself but moving on to Transexuals, me and my mate watched that Maury Pouvich in his and they do a "male/female" guessing game. Some of those results were crazy man. The words "I'd still take a suck off her" were uttered.

One more thing, as I say I'm terrible at the guessing game if that show is any evidence to go by but I can't have been the only one that pegged Miriam for a bloke straight away.

Thanks for the thread, nothing like the firs wank of the day.

Ok, I have a question about gayness. There's this guy who works with one of my mate's girlfriends. He seemed like an average guy, pretty quiet, got on with his work, liked football, dressed conservatively, everyone thought he was a bit introverted, but a decent enough bloke who didn't really stand out in any way.

One day, he decided to tell his work colleagues that he was gay and from that moment on, he started talking like Dale Winton, dressing flamboyantly and calling everyone including bloke "honey" or "sweetheart".

Why do gay people act like that? Is it something that other gay men find attractive? Is it some way of showing off how proud they are to be gay? What's the score with that?

Ok, I have a question about gayness. There's this guy who works with one of my mate's girlfriends. He seemed like an average guy, pretty quiet, got on with his work, liked football, dressed conservatively, everyone thought he was a bit introverted, but a decent enough bloke who didn't really stand out in any way.

One day, he decided to tell his work colleagues that he was gay and from that moment on, he started talking like Dale Winton, dressing flamboyantly and calling everyone including bloke "honey" or "sweetheart".

Why do gay people act like that? Is it something that other gay men find attractive? Is it some way of showing off how proud they are to be gay? What's the score with that?

Maybe he felt he had to fit the stereotype to 'Fit In' I don't know.

Reminds me of a friend of mine, who came out said he was gay, then went all depressed because everyone was being horrible to him. They weren't, he was just acting like a total tit.

No one really cared, infact many people respect him more. He apparently loved this boy, who wasn't gay and he was getting all depressed about it.

One day we where sitting by the school field, and he says 'Why does everyone hate me because I'm gay?'. Then some meat head turns around and quips.

'No one hates you because you're gay, we hate you because you're acting like a tit'.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Anybody that acts a certain way based on which gender they like to insert their penis into is a bit of a cunt, to be honest.

I remember being in a group of people in the pub and these two lads were a gay couple and one of them was camping it up and the other one had a right go at him telling him to stop being so gay and why does he always go camp when he gets drunk .

Made me laugh anyway .

I wasn't acting THAT camp, you total bitch.

Roger's fucking quality and as Zeke so dilligently put it, he's a joy to be around and he lights up every room.

But he gives a shit wank.

Ah, the post when Malarkey used the word dilligently, a fond memory this one.

Fuck tolerance Paul. We still get fucking killed. We still can't marry. We can't walk out of the Navy Bar in town without getting our heads kicked in coz we're benders. Who wants to be tolerated? Male homosexuality was only criminalised in england in the 19th century. Might I argue that this country is less tolerant now than it was 200 years ago? Everyone was at it in Roman times.

I don't know who knut is, but the original post queried "Why is it that in many gay relationships one of the men are dressed as a woman, acts like a woman and in some cases I think even gets operations to fit some body parts to a woman?" Oh come on. Am I supposed to accept shit like this? Thankfully, Stumptown, Jennings and that bender Zeke saved me some effort.

I don't really want to say this, but would it have been ok if the OP had questioned why black people have lower IQs, run fast, have a good sense of rhythm and like playing music loudly?

I can't believe you forgot the MASSIVE cocks they have, actually is there any down side to being black ?, one thinks not.

I had a gay mate at school. I never knew he was gay for a long time. Then he came out to me and it turned out I was his crush. That friendship didn't last long after that. He was too touchy-feely and wouldn't let the situation lie. That was a fucking horrible experience. For the love of all things holy, any gay blokes reading this who haven't come out yet, don't try it on with your straight best mate. It wont go anywhere good.

Also, Incidentally, the reason he came out.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
I agree, I just wondered what causes people to do it. I suppose it's kind of the gay equivalent of someone like Mendoza going on about "smashing women's cunts in" to emphasize how much he likes women.

Maybe it's insecurity or something. Maybe it's just that they've repressed their true self and feel they can 'let go'? I don't know. I'm guessing.

Maybe it's insecurity or something. Maybe it's just that they've repressed their true self and feel they can 'let go'? I don't know. I'm guessing.

What I don't understand though is why it's exclusively the behaviour of gay men. What is it about being gay that causes people to act in that fashion? To me, it seems like a gay stereotype that gay people feel they need to conform to, which is pretty sad.

• 1 year later...
I've always wondered this. When people talk about LGBT - what exactly does trangenderness have to do with sexuality? Does it have something to do with it?

Thinking you're born into the wrong gender - seriously, what a huge headfuck that would be.

I know a few TG people and they range from people you can actually believe are born into the wrong body - and others who are just mental. Think Buffalo Bill from Silence of the Lambs.