You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Your favourite films of the decade

Mendoza

How can you possibly say that a film that is not even out yet will be in your top 10?? Foolishness of the highest degree.

For me I am really looking forward to seeing it at the cinema. The true test of how good a film is, though, is if I want to own it when it comes out on dvd. Right now I doubt I will. It looks like its all spectacle and little substance. I could be wrong. But even if it is that way, I'll enjoy the experience of seeing it on the big screen.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tough to remember but amongst them would be:

Spirited Away

The Dark Knight

There Will Be Blood

No Country For Old Men

Let The Right One In

Dead Man's Shoes

Shaun of the Dead

LOTR

Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon

Tell No One

Pan's Labyrinth

The Orphanage

Gladiator

Walk The Line

Sin City

The Wrestler

Missing a shit load of this (in no order) list. Off the top of my head:

Gangs of New York

Amelie

Lord of The Rings Trilogy

Pan's Labyrinth

Walk The Line

Spirited Away

V for Vendetta

Big Fish

Howls Moving Castle

Spider-Man 2

The Dark Knight

Burn After Reading

Stranger Than Fiction

Edited by Juniper

For me I am really looking forward to seeing it at the cinema. The true test of how good a film is, though, is if I want to own it when it comes out on dvd. Right now I doubt I will. It looks like its all spectacle and little substance. I could be wrong. But even if it is that way, I'll enjoy the experience of seeing it on the big screen.

I only partially agree with that - if it's a great film you walk out at the end of the credits and buy another ticket (or at least go the next day). There haven't been many films where I've done that (I think Tron was the first film I watched twice in a row - ok, it won't be a great film in most people's eyes but I loved it - Tron 2 is due sometime next year).

Some great calls - I'll add Lady Vengeance, Fantastic Mr Fox, and O'Horton.

You have shocking taste.

I'm with Tom R. Though history of Violence was a real let down. An intriguing start let down by a pretentious and laboured 2nd half. I enjoyed Eastern Promises much more.

Gran Torino i enjoyed this year.

PS how the hell did i forget Let The Right One In!