You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I think Spurs have a good squad as well, they are definitely rivals for the our top 4 place. It is them and City who frighten me the most.

If we get 4th this season it will be a massive achievement, and we will should bring a DVD out 'May the Fourth be with you'

Fuck off Mark. That is seriously shite.

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It was to be honest.

The win 9-1 and we get a comment about them "scaring" people. I merely was pointing out how indifferent they have been. Basically one game compared to the other.

Whether the won 9-1 or 4-1 today wont effect us, and I'd bet mentally on the fact that this thread wouldn't exist if the score was only 4-1.

So you think people are basing their opinions on Spurs 'scaring' them on this one game today? Or do you think it is the fact that they outplayed us when we played them, have a very good squad, and are currently 5 points clear of us in the table?

It was to be honest.

The win 9-1 and we get a comment about them "scaring" people. I merely was pointing out how indifferent they have been. Basically one game compared to the other.

Whether the won 9-1 or 4-1 today wont effect us, and I'd bet mentally on the fact that this thread wouldn't exist if the score was only 4-1.

It could have been 1-0 and the gap would still be 5 points, thats what concerns me not the result. Obvioiusly the fact they can win 9-1 means they are a good side capable of continuing on this vein of form and if they do they will finish on 73 ppoints meaning we are going to have to get 53 points from 25 games over 2 a game when we have been averaging 1.5. Those are the realities that should be concerning us.

Then you have the possibillity of Man City buying more players to try and make the top 4 and going on a run similar to the start of there season.

So to dismiss the task ahead of us is being Niave at best

So you think people are basing their opinions on Spurs 'scaring' them on this one game today? Or do you think it is the fact that they outplayed us when we played them, have a very good squad, and are currently 5 points clear of us in the table?

In general I think our run of form and the fact they scored 9 have got people thinking about it.

Perhaps am wrong but then again I only commented on the comment that Spurs are scaring someone on a thread about their 9-1 win.

Amazing to think Wigan beat Chelsea 3-1 a couple of months back. Sounds like Wigan's players just wanted to go home after about a hour. I bet 'Arry has just seen a monkey go down the swanney having laid out on a 9-0. The whole think reminds me of the Besiktas game pretty much 2 years ago. 'Arry will still be busy in the transfer market in January.

So to dismiss the task ahead of us is being Niave at best

Who's dismissing it?

I've never been scared of anyone though. Respectful of those around us yeah but still we've got enough if we can get players fit and keep them fit so finish above alot of sides, including Spurs.

Bang on Woo. People seem surprised at Spurs position and think it wont last. I think people need to look back to last season. Remember when at the start of last season Spurs couldn't buy a win for love nor Money. They were rooted to the bottom of the table and nobody could see how they would kick start their season. As we all suspected at the time that kick start although somewhat fortunate came against us.

For those who seem surprised at Spurs start to this season take a look how they ended last season and their final league position. Did you honestly expect them not to kick on this season ?

Ask yourselves this. Why did they start last season so badly and what prompted the turn a round in Spurs fortunes.

You can see where I'm going with this cant you ?