You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Freak results like this can happen especially when a team throws in the towel like Wigan.

The point for us is how concerned we should be about the emerging teams (Spurs, Citeh, Villa).

It is now crystal clear that a title challenge will not be forthcoming this season. That is a great shame given the progress we made last season. I feel we must make that top four or else we will be in danger of slipping back into this 'also-ran' group alongside Everton, Villa, Spurs and Citeh.

I know top four is not what we want, but for this season that appears to be what we are fighting for (FA Cup and CL/Europa notwithstanding).

My best guess is that we will be like Arsenal last season - a little way behind the top three, but finishing fourth. Time will tell. I have been saying we will start to play better soon but I have been surprised by how long the slump has lasted.

I think we will finish fourth and win a trophy. But if we want to have a crack at the title we need to spend some money. Two years of no real spending not only makes the title a pipe dream, but it also jeopardises the top four.

Freak results like this can happen especially when a team throws in the towel like Wigan.

The point for us is how concerned we should be about the emerging teams (Spurs, Citeh, Villa).

It is now crystal clear that a title challenge will not be forthcoming this season. That is a great shame given the progress we made last season. I feel we must make that top four or else we will be in danger of slipping back into this 'also-ran' group alongside Everton, Villa, Spurs and Citeh.

I know top four is not what we want, but for this season that appears to be what we are fighting for (FA Cup and CL/Europa notwithstanding).

My best guess is that we will be like Arsenal last season - a little way behind the top three, but finishing fourth. Time will tell. I have been saying we will start to play better soon but I have been surprised by how long the slump has lasted.

I think we will finish fourth and win a trophy. But if we want to have a crack at the title we need to spend some money. Two years of no real spending not only makes the title a pipe dream, but it also jeopardises the top four.

Good post the only difference between Arsenal and ourselves is everybody at the club was behind Arsene but that is not the case with Rafa, some of which is of Rafa's own making

G Richards and thanks to our truly pathetic performances at Fulham and Sunderland to name but 2; What do you want to bet the likes of Wigan DON'T throw in the towel and fight to the bitter end v us? As to Defoe - He's the best English finisher now that Owen's stars FINALLY waned but he's still not a patch on Torres or Villa - He's a very good match winner but NOT a truly game changing talent like those two - not yet anyway. Also, I think we'll finish fourth ala Arsenal last season and do so comfortably but do you REALLY think we'll then spend money and challenge for the league? - I don't; I think this, coasting along, getting in a bit of trouble, then pulling away to comfortably finish in the CL positions - qualifying via qualifier for the next season's CL - Repeat next season is all we'll have under the Yank c**ts and more, is all we'll EVER have; It's EXACTLY what they want as it means the team can coast along in one position without them dipping their hands in their pockets and finish where they want it to, pay off some of their debt..........and repeat. The ONLY ways that will change is if;

1) Someone assassinates them or forces them into bankruptcy;

2) They are FORCED to go by the banks;

3) Someone stupidly rich ala the Sultan of Brunei buys us out lock, stock and barrel and in the process makes what Abramovich did at Stamford Bridge look like a kid's garden party.

I think of the 3 scenarios a combination of 1 (bankruptcy) and 2 (bank sale) is most likely and oddly enough - EVERY game we lose hastens that possibility as the twin B*stards will eventually IF the losses/draws carry on at this rate HAVE to lower their price and/or sell up due to banks pressure as the banks will start to worry Big time about their investment IF this debacle carries on for much longer - Look how much they and the owners have been panicking already in the media - And Hicks & Gillette are losing TONS of money as long as this happens;

This CAN'T go on forever for them as they're not made of money and IF it carries on long enough they'll HAVE to dip into their own pockets to make payments on the interest/fund us and we all know they WON'T do that - that's half the problem. Either way, they COULD be gone soon given a bit of luck...................................

G Richards and thanks to our truly pathetic performances at Fulham and Sunderland to name but 2; What do you want to bet the likes of Wigan DON'T throw in the towel and fight to the bitter end v us? As to Defoe - He's the best English finisher now that Owen's stars FINALLY waned but he's still not a patch on Torres or Villa - He's a very good match winner but NOT a truly game changing talent like those two - not yet anyway. Also, I think we'll finish fourth ala Arsenal last season and do so comfortably but do you REALLY think we'll then spend money and challenge for the league? - I don't; I think this, coasting along, getting in a bit of trouble, then pulling away to comfortably finish in the CL positions - qualifying via qualifier for the next season's CL - Repeat next season is all we'll have under the Yank c**ts and more, is all we'll EVER have; It's EXACTLY what they want as it means the team can coast along in one position without them dipping their hands in their pockets and finish where they want it to, pay off some of their debt..........and repeat. The ONLY ways that will change is if;

1) Someone assassinates them or forces them into bankruptcy;

2) They are FORCED to go by the banks;

3) Someone stupidly rich ala the Sultan of Brunei buys us out lock, stock and barrel and in the process makes what Abramovich did at Stamford Bridge look like a kid's garden party.

I think of the 3 scenarios a combination of 1 (bankruptcy) and 2 (bank sale) is most likely and oddly enough - EVERY game we lose hastens that possibility as the twin B*stards will eventually IF the losses/draws carry on at this rate HAVE to lower their price and/or sell up due to banks pressure as the banks will start to worry Big time about their investment IF this debacle carries on for much longer - Look how much they and the owners have been panicking already in the media - And Hicks & Gillette are losing TONS of money as long as this happens;

This CAN'T go on forever for them as they're not made of money and IF it carries on long enough they'll HAVE to dip into their own pockets to make payments on the interest/fund us and we all know they WON'T do that - that's half the problem. Either way, they COULD be gone soon given a bit of luck...................................

What is it with your UPPER CASE TOURETTS? I cant even see a pattern with the words you put in capitals.