You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Yossi and Riera set for Liverpool FC return against City

old skool tom

Liverpool Echo.co.uk - Liverpool FC - News - Yossi Benayoun and Albert Riera set for Liverpool FC return at Manchester City

some good news for a change?

YOSSI BENAYOUN and Albert Riera could be in line for a shock return to action this weekend after responding to radical treatment on their torn hamstrings.

The Liverpool midfielders were flown to Belgrade earlier this week to see Mariana Kovacevic, the physiotherapist who has become famous for curing injured sportsmen with liquid from horse placenta.

Both men were expected to be sidelined for between three to five weeks after they sustained the injuries against Birmingham last Monday.

But their condition has improved so much since seeing Kovacevic there is an outside chance of them being available for Saturday’s home clash with Manchester City.

Benayoun has been in outstanding form this season and he is quietly confident he will be back in action sooner rather than later.

“I have been in Belgrade to see her and I am feeling better already,” Benayoun confirmed. “My hope now is that I will be fit in one week, two at the most. I have a good feeling about it.”

If either of Benayoun or Riera were available after their special treatment it would be another huge boost for Rafa Benitez, who is getting close to having his strongest team available for the first time this season.

Though neither Fernando Torres or Fabio Aurelio will be available, Steven Gerrard, Daniel Agger and Glen Johnson are all expected to figure, while David Ngog should also be included despite breaking his nose with France’s Under-21s.

Edited by old skool tom

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This horse placenta treatment has brought all the neigh-sayers out, but there's clearly something to it.

fucking awful................surely you can do better than that....like,erm?

"hey,i hope they dont start hoofing the ball up the pitch all the time!"

its ok..........i know where my coat and the door is

It's a pretty weird treatment, I will ask my mom about it, she's a pathologist and has done some stem cell research. Basically they massage and stimulate the damaged soft tissue and introduce stem-cell heavy placenta to the area and I guess the body repairs itself quickly. Seems a bit futuristic to me.

It's a pretty weird treatment, I will ask my mom about it, she's a pathologist and has done some stem cell research. Basically they massage and stimulate the damaged soft tissue and introduce stem-cell heavy placenta to the area and I guess the body repairs itself quickly. Seems a bit futuristic to me.

I'd be interested in her take because the idea of introducing horse cells into a human doesn't sound like a good idea and I thought blood spinning in a more round about way achieved the same thing.

Ok talked to my mom:

1) The placenta fluid cant permeate the skin

2) If the horse stem cells got through, would cause a strong auto-immune reaction against it- swelling, fever, etc

3) Placental fluid contains mostly dead stem cells and other biological garbage

So unless we aren't getting all the facts then its bullshit and all in their heads. Hope they don't fuck up their legs playing injured.