You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Fiorentina Away

Trucker Paddy

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spearing would be daft to throw in the towel at this stage. We are one or two injuries away from him being a regular starter.

I think we should go with Babel on the right and stick to the same system as the game against Hull.

Spearing would be daft to throw in the towel at this stage. We are one or two injuries away from him being a regular starter.

I think we should go with Babel on the right and stick to the same system as the game against Hull.

Babel = lost possession and on the right will be occupying the space where Johnson would be more profitable IMO.

I think this lot could crumble if we can keep the pressure on them and Babel is still too erratic to start for me.

Babel = lost possession and on the right will be occupying the space where Johnson would be more profitable IMO.

I think this lot could crumble if we can keep the pressure on them and Babel is still too erratic to start for me.

I think you can make a case for bringing either Spearing or Aurelio in, but I'd rather go with Babel as he's in good form and it represents a great opportunity for him to try and grab a more regular starting place. It's not really a must win game anyway.

The clue was in "recently".

Get your facts right and then we'll talk.

Well excuse me for having an opinion.

You're right, I forgot about the Debrecen game. Two games is still short termist, in my view.

And the tone of your reply makes it incredibly difficult to have any kind of mature discussion with you.

I think you can make a case for bringing either Spearing or Aurelio in, but I'd rather go with Babel as he's in good form and it represents a great opportunity for him to try and grab a more regular starting place. It's not really a must win game anyway.

Yeah I know, I'd really like to get these first 4 won though and then we can hopefully get games for Eccleston et al.

We should win this game. Fiorentina are not in the best form at the moment and the club is in the middle of another crisis. Mutu hasn't been himself all season, their only prolific goalscorer is suspended and they're a lot weaker in the midfield after they sold Melo to Juve and Pazzini to Sampdoria without replacing them, something which they're fans understandably are furious about. On top of that heir chairman Andrea Della Valle resigned last week, obviously related to some of the above mentioned.

Fiorentina 19 squad for Liverpool: Santana Out

28.09.2009 20.54 di Riccardo Mancini

Source: purple channel

19 summoned for the match against Liverpool tomorrow night at Franks. Here is the list in alphabetical order: Avramov, Castillo, Comotto, Dainelli, De Silvestri, Donadel, Frey, Gamberini, Gobbi, Jorgensen, Jovetic, Kroldrup, Marchionni, Montolivo, Mutu, Natali, Pasqual, Vargas and Zanetti.

Injuries: Santana and Savio

WellI hope Fiorentina play like they did last week when they beat Sampadoria.They were total crap, both teams. It was like a second division game, nothing but long balls over the top Gilardino. The game was so slow and so much space left all over the park. they was not a single player any where near the flanks just long ball after long ball.

We should piss all over them. They willbe throwing themselvesall over the place as ever. A nice ground. Bit basic, and open. I guess there will be a few more fans this time as ground was only about 60% full last week. I paid 38 euro for me and girlfriend, and was happy with that.

I've seen a few Fiorentina games and I really like the look of Jovetic and Montolivo (whose also impressed in my opinion for Italy whenever he's got the chance). It will be a tough game but hopefully we have enough to get the win, if not a draw wouldn't be the worst result in the world.

Cannot see Rafa go with 2 up front away in Italy and have a funny feeling he will go with Aurelio and Lucas central with Riera, Gerrard and Kuyt supporting Torres.

Personally would give Aurelio a run out and rest Insua at left back. Gerrard and Lucas central with Riera and Babel wide and Kuyt up front with Torres.

Hope Fabio starts in centre midfield. He'll get the time to control the game and use his range of passing against these. Spearing on for the last half hour while Fabio reverts to left back.

I'd start Reira on the left and Benayoun on the right as well. The rest basically picks itself at this stage.

We should win this game. Fiorentina are not in the best form at the moment and the club is in the middle of another crisis. Mutu hasn't been himself all season, their only prolific goalscorer is suspended and they're a lot weaker in the midfield after they sold Melo to Juve and Pazzini to Sampdoria without replacing them, something which they're fans understandably are furious about. On top of that heir chairman Andrea Della Valle resigned last week, obviously related to some of the above mentioned.

Eh? They are 4th in the Italian league and won their last game (all be it against the bottom side) This is Fiorentina we are talking about. Do you think they expect to be higher than 4th? I know it's only 6-games in, but I'd suggest their form is fine.