You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Simon, there's a few people on this thread who don't believe this is a true story. Is there any way of posting a photo of said tv and you trying to switch it on?

I think people will believe you then and will be more willing to help.

Indeed. I would go a step further and say there are some people on this thread who believe that the majority of simons thread are - how shall I put it (to gain the least neg).. hmmmm fabricated...

I struggle to believe that one person could be so stupid.. I mean we all have our blonde moments but jeesus - Simon is a one lad special needs school for the severly retarded.

By all means Simon post a picture if for no other reason than to make me laugh.

Believe it or not i don't care. I was asking for help.

To be homest mate. I think the best advice that we can offer is to :

leave the telly off;

periodically try the hairdryer approach.

If all that fails by the time your dad gets back, then try honesty. Good luck.

Believe it or not i don't care. I was asking for help.

And thats the key..

1st step - admitting you have a problem

2nd step - Asking for help!

All we need to do now is get a head doctor to establish that you do infact have a brain and we'll be half way to having you committed.

Guest simon
To be homest mate. I think the best advice that we can offer is to :

leave the telly off;

periodically try the hairdryer approach.

If all that fails by the time your dad gets back, then try honesty. Good luck.

Thanks mate i got it into the leantu with a fan at the back anyways.

You do realise that plugging it in and trying it before you gave it a chance to dry out, probably made it worse don't you? :whistle:

I magnificently broke my camera in New Orleans by dropping it in to a 'Huge Ass Beer to Go' and then made it worse by constantly trying to turn it back on while drunk.

Guest simon
Saw the back off it and tell him you bought him a new flatscreen. Then go home and tell him it takes ages to warm up. But the picture is worth the wait!

It a flat screen ha ha. One of them plasma things.

Don't try to dry it too quickly, i.e. don't get it too hot in the process.

Maybe it would be best to get some of your mates round and you can all stand round it blowing on it. Wafting your hands at it will also help. Farting on it to create a cooling breeze would also be an option.

Holy fucking shit I think i have just fucked my dads 700 Pound TV up please help. I took it of it's rack while cleaning i put it on the floor for 5 mins and i have just knocked the mop bucket over i think its got inside because it wont work. I'm looking after the house till tomorrow night how do i get it working before then can i? Damn i'm in big shit help please.

You have a dad?