You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Battrick X11 style Cricket game..anyone interested?

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I won my last one dayer by 10 wickets, the other team Poplar CC only got 17 runs in their innings!! Fucking 17 runs!

in my latest game this is the score after day one:

BedrockXI won the toss and elected to bat.

First Innings of: BedrockXI

Name Runs Balls 4s 6s

Spinks (*)(+) st. Donohoe b. Hangana 33 72 1 3

Simmonds not out 264 281 23 1

Langer c. Donohoe b. Wilmers 6 8 1 0

Byerley c. Sidebottom b. Hangana 183 209 16 1

Toney not out 51 36 4 0

Kekeletso

Whing

Bhate

Barstow

Philani

Aaron

Extras (5b, 15lb, 4w, 2nb) 26

Total (100.0 overs, 3 wickets declared.) 563

FOW 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Total 114 123 489

Batsman Out 1 3 4

Name O M R W nb wd

Williams 24 0 154 0 1 1

Terrell 20 0 108 0 0 1

Hangana 23 3 95 2 1 1

Wilmers 18 0 89 1 0 0

Sidebottom 15 0 97 0 0 1

First Innings of: Iranis Legends

Name Runs Balls 4s 6s

Donohoe (*)(+) not out 13 28 2 0

Lovatt not out 9 32 0 0

Tiny

Aldridge

Smallpiece

Bunn

Sidebottom

Wilmers

Hangana

Terrell

Williams

Extras (4b, 0lb, 0w, 0nb) 4

Total (10.0 overs, 0 wickets) 26

FOW 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Total

Batsman Out

Name O M R W nb wd

Aaron 5 2 8 0 0 0

Philani 5 0 14 0 0 0

Looks like I have a couple of decent batsmen, and I'm sorry I set the dec for 550 now.

Quick question my peeps.

If your team gets a massive first innings score do you always make them follow on?

I do but my bowlers seem to struggle in the second innings, probably to do with stamina.

I do yes; because it's about the only way to win on a 3 day match unless you are playing a really crap team.

Quick question my peeps.

If your team gets a massive first innings score do you always make them follow on?

I do but my bowlers seem to struggle in the second innings, probably to do with stamina.

I did/will make the other team follow on, pity soft arse fucking Strauss didn't with the Aussies in the 3rd test!! Imho, if you can get a team out before they've even got half your 1st innings score, their confidence will be shot to pieces, therefore throw the fuckers straight back in.

I made the team I've just played follow on and they were shite in the 2nd innings too, I won the game at a canter by an innings and 433 runs.

"Now that you have been playing Battrick for 4 weeks, we would like to give you a little present to show our appreciation. For the next week, you will have full access to the membership functions within the game. If you like what you see, you can extend this by going to the membership section of the site and signing up. Enjoy!"

Another easy win for my lot today . I increased my ground capacity after the last one dayer was a sellout and got 9500 through the gate today. Result

My one-dayer was a sell-out today and I'm looking at that now too. Been spending mostly on a few players and getting coaches in previously.

How many coaches have people got so far then. I've been working with six up until now as I thought that was a reasonable level for the income I had.

My one-dayer was a sell-out today and I'm looking at that now too. Been spending mostly on a few players and getting coaches in previously.

How many coaches have people got so far then. I've been working with six up until now as I thought that was a reasonable level for the income I had.

I have 10 coaches which means that I rest a few players every now and then; else they get tired or ducks.

Bowling Coaches: 2

Batting Coaches: 3

Fielding Coaches: 3

Wicket Keeping Coaches: 1

Stamina Coaches: 1

Sports Psychologists: 3

PR Officers: 1

Financial Advisors: 1

The expanding the ground looks pricey so I thought I would wait until season 2 when I should know a bit more about what I am doing.

So that means you're paying a fair old wedge each week then. £6k more for the coaches and then a bit more for the psychologists. Been considering upping the coaches and the ground but not sure if it was financially viable. I reckon increasing attendance means it might be.

I ended up winning by 8 wickets against comfortably the best team in my OD league.

Had to chase 297 and done it with 8 wickets and 3overs to spare to hand the Cees Dogs thier first defeat.

GET.THE.FUCK.IN.

On the coaching question

Bowling Coaches: 4

Batting Coaches: 2

Fielding Coaches: 2

Wicket Keeping Coaches: 1

Stamina Coaches: 1

Sports Psychologists: 1

PR Officers: 2

Financial Advisors: 1

So that means you're paying a fair old wedge each week then. £6k more for the coaches and then a bit more for the psychologists. Been considering upping the coaches and the ground but not sure if it was financially viable. I reckon increasing attendance means it might be.

//edit to say, I meant 10 nets, not 10 coaches

yep, that's my idea long term, but a lot of my matches don't fill the stadium and I want to make one big investment in it rather than a few smaller ones (as the initial cost is high no matter how much capacity you add).

I started minus 50K, have bought 3 players for a total of 6,500 and sacked some real shite that were not getting a game but were on high wages. I have promoted 2 decent youth players too.

Current Balance: £149,802

Projected balance at next Update: £165,309

My staff costs are £32,500 but my players are popping skills already from the nets.

for example, this week my new wicket keeper who I promoted through the youth (age 17) with Wicket Keeping: respectable went from:

Batting: feeble to mediocre

Concentration: mediocre to competent

My 17yo bowler has gained 2 skills in 2-3 weeks and now has:

Bowling: competent

Consistency: competent

Concentration: mediocre

Stamina: mediocre

I just need to work on these two and then I will have a tidy player

Batting: abysmal

Fielding: feeble

I will obviously review it once these 50K miscellaneous payments stop but I should be creating a profit anyway. Last week I picked up £83,865 in gate receipts. Think that was down to a run of 20/20 games and playing away in a big stadium.

One mistake I made when I upgraded my ground was I put in the total capacity I wanted and not how may extra. So instead of going from 6500 to about 8000 I went up to 14500

Bowling Coaches:2

Batting Coaches:2

Fielding Coaches:2

Wicket Keeping Coaches:1

Stamina Coaches:3

Sports Psychologists:4

PR Officers:1

Financial Advisors:0