You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Midfielders to replace Alonso if he goes.

Code

It's not realistic though. Why would he leave them for us? We're very evenly matched.

There's been loads of random, totally unrealistic suggestions on this thread for players we could buy to replace Alonso.

Xavi and Iniesta?!?! As if they would leave Barca for us right now.

That is the thing though, we are evenly matched!

But we are a much better club all around. Remember in 2004 when the first rumours surrounding Gerrard came out, we all thought 'no chance' but it was a sign of how bad things have become, just try it and see. 30 million, put it out there, he may think to himself 'I'm playing in an aging side, which has shite fans, is hated throughout Europe despite never winning the Champions league, in five years it is not inconceivable that we are not playing in the champions league'

Put it this way, if I had said to you two months ago, Manchester City will make a bid for John Terry you would have beleived me. Had I then said John Terry will consider it, you would have thought I was mad!

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But we are a much better club all around. Remember in 2004 when the first rumours surrounding Gerrard came out, we all thought 'no chance' but it was a sign of how bad things have become, just try it and see. 30 million, put it out there, he may think to himself 'I'm playing in an aging side, which has shite fans, is hated throughout Europe despite never winning the Champions league, in five years it is not inconceivable that we are not playing in the champions league'

Put it this way, if I had said to you two months ago, Manchester City will make a bid for John Terry you would have beleived me. Had I then said John Terry will consider it, you would have thought I was mad!

I do

I think it's a ludicrous suggestion. They wouldn't sell and he wouldn't come here. There's just no legs in it at all so I don't see why it's even being discussed.

I think it's a ludicrous suggestion. They wouldn't sell and he wouldn't come here. There's just no legs in it at all so I don't see why it's even being discussed.

The clue is in the title of the post!

Jeeze, shall we just restrict the question to who we WILL buy.

I don't think we will get him, I don't think we will attempt to sign him, but I would fucking love us to try and get him.

The clue is in the title of the post!

Jeeze, shall we just restrict the question to who we WILL buy.

I don't think we will get him, I don't think we will attempt to sign him, but I would fucking love us to try and get him.

Maybe we should try and get Ronaldo. That would be aces!

If you look at the type of player Rafa has recruited for the central positions they have been generally young and at the beginning of their career. I cant see him straying too much from that so it rules out the likes of Cambiasso and Senna.

Also with this English ruling I wouldn't be surprised if he looked at English players. Somebody whispered Huddlestone and I agree he is vastly underrated by most on here although he would need to be put on the Yossi diet. A 6 million price has been mentioned in the media he's still only 22.

Oh One Huddlestone = two Diarras well weightwise

Edited by TheHitman

Also with this English ruling I wouldn't be surprised if he looked at English players. Somebody whispered Huddlestone and I agree he is vastly underrated by most on here although he would need to be put on the Yossi diet. A 6 million price has been mentioned in the media he's still only 22.

At least Everton won't stand in our way: Liverpool Echo.co.uk - Everton FC - News - Everton FC rule out Tom Huddlestone transfer

He wouldn't have made the medical anyway.

Guest simon

We should swap Alonso for Lass plus cash if he wants to go he is younger and is going to be one of the best if he isn't already.

As a replacement for Masch i would say Cana he has agreed a deal with another team but it is still not finalised now he said to Everton make a bid i'll come to you's i'm sure we could sway him our way.

It's not realistic though. Why would he leave them for us? We're very evenly matched.

There's been loads of random, totally unrealistic suggestions on this thread for players we could buy to replace Alonso.

Xavi and Iniesta?!?! As if they would leave Barca for us right now.

We're better than Real and Alonso wants to go there.

I read something today about Rafa and Xabi having talks next Sunday.

I wouldn't be surprised if he decides to stay for a season with the aim of having a crack at the title, even if it means we'd get a lot less for him next summer.

And nybody who thinks we've a chance of getting Essien, Xavi or Iniesta is out of touch with sanity, common sense and reality.

I wouldn't be surprised if he decides to stay for a season with the aim of having a crack at the title, even if it means we'd get a lot less for him next summer.

And nybody who thinks we've a chance of getting Essien, Xavi or Iniesta is out of touch with sanity, common sense and reality.

fuck you!

When I rule the world, I'm coming for you lad!

we should suggest a swap for Wesley Snjeider imo (if Alonso really does want to leave and Madrid agree pay us the money we want)

we should suggest a swap for Wesley Snjeider imo (if Alonso really does want to leave and Madrid agree pay us the money we want)

Snjeider looks a class player but we need a replacement for Alonso if he goes.

The formation we played last year could win us the league next season, we need a like-for-like replacement.

I'd take Snjeider over Silva though, I reckon he'd be a lot better suited to the English game. Yossi's a better player than Silva.