You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Anyone used a Eurovox?

Thants

Thants really doesn't mind as long as it's not a creative. Epecially if they have beards. He ain't thought it through though. There are plenty of creatives working directly and indirectly for Virgin and Sky. There are thousands of program makers, designers of graphic and web, composers, writers, musicians, etc etc. being paid by revenues collected by Sky and Virgin. Apart from the huge infrastructure costs, that's where most of the money goes. Not into Rupert or Richard's pocket.

So it's hypocrisy, but it's hypocrisy borne of ignorance. So it's ok. ;)

Eurovox boxes (when programmed properly) will give you every channel available in the full virgin tv package. inc Sly Sports, sly movies, etc.

The boxes themselves arent illegal. Programming them isnt illegal, its just connecting them to a Virgin Media signal that is illegal.

I "know a lad" who programs them, he would do it for a bottle of cold beer for anyone on this site, so I heard like.

The best ones, so I have heard on the grapevine, is the Eurovox 1000SL. They are nice and slim (SL is slimline), and they are easy to use.

Anyone want to know anything, just give me a PM. I'll pass it on to my "mate".

Thants really doesn't mind as long as it's not a creative. Epecially if they have beards. He ain't thought it through though. There are plenty of creatives working directly and indirectly for Virgin and Sky. There are thousands of program makers, designers of graphic and web, composers, writers, musicians, etc etc. being paid by revenues collected by Sky and Virgin. Apart from the huge infrastructure costs, that's where most of the money goes. Not into Rupert or Richard's pocket.

So it's hypocrisy, but it's hypocrisy borne of ignorance. So it's ok. ;)

You got the beard bit right.

I got it all right, and we both know it. That's ok, I'm not passing judgement on the act, only the hypocrisy. Do what you want; it just renders your bleating about 'the artist' a little laughable.

Still on that high horse I see.

Still on that high horse I see.

Nope, not at all. I'm only passing judgement on your hypocritical stand. I have very few scruples, I'm sure lots of people consider me a complete twat (though I'm lovely really), but one thing I am is consistent. Anyway, can't stop - posting on here is eating into my download bandwidth. ;)

• 5 weeks later...