You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

united fan in peace, with respect

Sniggleton

I was also in awe of some the stuff we played since Feb.

I see the FF hasn't changed much since I first joined, I can understand the hostility as he is a United fan, but he the guy hasn't said much other than offer us some credit.

Are we really that fickle that we only accept praise from our own?

It could turn ugly soon, but I'll reserve judgement on that if happens.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fair enough mate; im not going to start calling you a cunt like others on here or go down that road until you've done anything wrong. You just seem to be trying a little bit too hard to flatter us; almost as if your really going out of your way to prove yourselves to us for reasons known only to yourself. I just don't believe your intentions are as pure as your letting on. Prove me wrong sure and we'll all be happy enough. :inlove:

Fixed.

Come on; what kind of gimp goes out of his way to register on your biggest rival's forum, waits to have his account validated by Dave, and then goes out of his way to flatter them and tell them how "in awe" they were on their play the day after they have lost the European Cup final.

"United fan in peace..." In all seriousness, what the hell is going through his head as he is typing that shit? If he is not a WUM, then he is obviously a gimp so the forum would be better off without him anyhow.

Fair play, I'm gonna hang around on some of your threads now that I've made my introductions and aired a bit of what I'm about. I'm sure you'll decide soon enough whether I'm worth banning.

Cheers to those of you who read this honestly and replied in kind.

Come on; what kind of gimp goes out of his way to register on your biggest rival's forum, waits to have his account validated by Dave, and then goes out of his way to flatter them and tell them how "in awe" they were on their play the day after they have lost the European Cup final.

"United fan in peace..." In all seriousness, what the hell is going through his head as he is typing that shit? If he is not a WUM, then he is obviously a gimp so the forum would be better off without him anyhow.

He might be bored of the over the top drama and constant sniping at eachother and shite that seems to go on most of the time between both clubs. I know I am, but I just try to stay out of it if possible. I can see where he's coming from though if he's genuine, but I'm 50/50 on whether or not he really means it.

You seem a bit xenophobic. I used that language (open-arms shit) because I knew as a United fan I'd be in for it, and no bullshit would be tolerated. But since I'm not here for bullshit, I figured I'd start by giving you what credit I feel is due, because that's the best way to ingratiate onesself to a hostile audience.

If you are only interested in discussing things with people who have all of your beliefs/opinions already, then you're welcome to ban me or encourage it until you weary.

Meanwhile, I intend to discuss football.

You seem a bit xenophobic. I used that language (open-arms shit) because I knew as a United fan I'd be in for it, and no bullshit would be tolerated. But since I'm not here for bullshit, I figured I'd start by giving you what credit I feel is due, because that's the best way to ingratiate onesself to a hostile audience.

If you are only interested in discussing things with people who have all of your beliefs/opinions already, then you're welcome to ban me or encourage it until you weary.

Meanwhile, I intend to discuss football.

Oh, so you intend to discuss a little bit of football with the Liverpool chaps do you? Im ever so sorry; it seems you are not a complete gimp after all. My mistake.

Well your manners, vocabulary and grammar are better than most on here, so I'm up for a love-in.

My suggestion is to make a seperate introductory post on the 'General forum', mentioning your favourite player/match. Then enjoy the banter.

Welcome.

Lets see your impartial view of the two teams combined, here is mine: Fit and on form:

___________Reina___________

Neville Ferdinand Agger Evra

Tevez Gerrard Alonso Ronaldo

_______Rooney Torres_______

Why would you play Neville? He's about 40 and shit. Also Carra would get in ahead of Agger.

Lets see your impartial view of the two teams combined, here is mine: Fit and on form:

Neville Ferdinand Agger Evra

Tevez Gerrard Alonso Ronaldo

_______Rooney Torres_______

erm what?

_Brown Ferdinand Carra Evra__

________Masch Alonso_______

___Ronaldo Gerrard Rooney ___

__________ Torres ___________

Well I think it's a decent and pleasant first post so I say welcome. Until he's acting the cunt then there's no need to treat him like one.

FORZA BARCA!!!!

Think you mean vamos barca seeing as they are spanish not italian. Oh yeh and fabio aurelio also has a league title under rafas valencia just to confirm. We are in my opinion a left winger, another decent striking option and a right back away from lifting the trophy (keeping xabi is also essential imo)

erm what?

_Brown Ferdinand Carra Evra__

________Masch Alonso_______

___Ronaldo Gerrard Rooney ___

__________ Torres ___________

Fuck, that team would do some damage right there. Im inclined to agree with the Rash about Agger ahead of Carragher at the minute though, sad as that is to say.

Agger is a better footballer than Carragher so in THAT team I'd have Agger ahead of him. If it was a backs against the wall team then I'd have Carra. I forgot about Brown, he is a good footballer.

Hahahahahahaha. The more funny thing is your probably not joking!

Welcome Sniggleton. I recently welcomed another Man Utd fan on here as I thought he received a few unnecessarily harsh barbs. A few pages in he unleashed with the worst torrent of abuse, so if your intentions are genuine (and taking you at face value thus far, they seem to be) I hope you find this place interesting. I can certainly see the merit in talking with other rival fans, as after a while you do tend to get into the same old conversations.

My view on next season:

Liverpool

Liverpool will be champions. We have a very good team and the age is right. We have learned to hammer teams as well, as the past few months have shown. We will be stronger next season than this, and after running you close this season, we will kick on next term. Every Liverpool fan knows we drew far too many games at Anfield against no mark teams. That won't happen next season. We might lose one or two games more, but the draws will be minimal and we will be champions. Torres and Gerrard are world class, and this season they only started 13 league games together. That will improve next time. When we do win the title next year, it will not be a one off either (Leeds, Blackburn). Rafa is the youngest manager of the big teams. He has just signed a new contract and the signs are good that he is getting to grips with the Prem. His time is to come. If I was a Man Utd fan I would be nervous, since Fergie's time will soon be over.

Man Utd

Will be second or third. Chelsea will scrap it out with you. Fergie will be wounded by the CL defeat. You need to sign a world class midfielder or you won't cut it. Berbatov is too expensive and nowhere near the class of Torres. If we coerce you into signing Tevez then your budget will be used up and you will not be stronger. Giggs and Scholes are faded. Nani is average. Anderson looked good when he first signed but I haven't seen him kick on. Carrick is a good player but a step below the best midfielders. We will certainly go at you as we know we have the players to harm you. Hopefully a few other will copy that and put you under pressure (for too long I've been of the impression that Man Utd were a goal up against most sides before you even stepped onto the pitch). If we win the league next season then Fergie will never, ever overtake us.

Chelsea

In some ways I see Chelsea as the biggest threat. They are a very good team. It they didn't fall so far off the pace under Gene Hackman they might well have been this year's champions. I will give them third at this point, as it is too hard to say how they will fare under a new manager. Will he hit the ground running like Hiddink? Or will there be a settling in period and new signings to bed in?

Arsenal

I think Arsenal will be fourth again, though they could make a strong challenge if they sign a commanding central defender and a commanding central midfielder. They play good stuff but at the moment they have a bit to do to catch up to the other three.

Man Utd's dynastic couple of decades is drawing to a close IMO, as once Fergie is done Ronaldo will be off and you will slip back a little. Hopefully you will have another 26 years in the wilderness as you search for a new Busby replacement. It might not be that bad though, as money plays a much bigger part these days, and you have the stadium and income streams. Still, I can't help shake the feeling that your time is coming to an end.

Conversely, while Liverpool had the bulk of the 70's and 80's and have had a few false dawns trying to get back since then, most fans have a sense that we are strong now. We have a good team and a good manager. We are really close. One league title and a whole new dynasty might just be launched.

The chap seems pretty genuine. I'm not going to thank him for that post. However, he has some valid points and obviously isn't wearing Slur tinted glasses, he realizes the real challenge we've been. No harm in him coming on here saying things like that. I hope he stays like and posts more messages praising Liverpool, surely as Liverpool fans we can only be taking joy out of our biggest rivals Manure fans applauding our performances? Yes!

I would just like to say this

We will not be Challangers to United next season we will be Champions.

I look forward to you coming back to say well done

Fergie has managed to dominate due to being able to put out teams far better than the opposition, not through tactical knowhow or being a brilliant football brain.

That was challanged first by Arsenal who then go and sell the best of their players and then by Chelsea whos players now maybe past there best and age has crept up on them

He comes unstuck when he meets someone with a real football brain and a set of players to match that as we saw last night in Rome and we also had a view of it when Liverpool smacked his arse twice this season as more and more teams get better and better players his days at the top will be just memories

He will have to cope with Man City Liverpool Chelsea Arsenal Everton Aston Villa all adding to there squad

where he will be losing his main asset and no matter who he replaces him with United as a unit will be weaker.

That is where Uniteds points will be lost next season and why it will be Liverpools gain. With a more settled team and players all knowing the job they have to do for the team, it will make it easier for the players coming in to settle and show what they can add to an already great team.

So here is looking forward to next season and the dripping compliments that you will have for us then i might even pop over and say how unlucky United where to finish 3rd

I'm a long-standing member of RedCafe, but after awhile being on your own fan forum is just a regurgitation of the same self-congratulory, twat-the-rivals bollocks in every thread.

So my being here is because I want to hear what Liverpool fans have to say about Liverpool's football and the football of the other three title rivals (and I'm not for dismissing Arsenal either).

Hey, do you think Ferguson is being a pussy when it comes to Ronaldo? He came out and criticise Ferguson's tactic as well right after the final?

My reason for being here, by the way, is that because you're now legitimate title rivals, I'm insterested in discussing your team from a technical perspective, rather than a "Liverpool are down in 4th, lalalalalala" way that maybe I might've been disposed to in years past.

he's a spy!

Ace post from the G man.

I also can't really understand a United fan wanting to come on here, but if they do, I think we can at least show them the same respect they show us. That bad meff who made a nice first post about Hillsborough and then spazzed out a month later has made everyone naturally suspicious though. But, unless they do spaz out i am quite happy to have them on here if that's what floats their boat.