You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

A thread about a man named Xabi

dave u

What to do?  

239 members have voted

1. 1. What to do?

• Buy Dave House, Gerrard centre mid, go 442.
    • Buy Augero, Gerrard centre mid, stay 4231.
    • Gerrard in the hole, buy centre mid, stay 4231
    • Don’t care, kill Rafa, burn down RBS

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill
Being reported as £30m + £4m add on's.

If true Very well done Christian Purslow & Rafa.

If that's correct, then that's only a million less than what they were asking for

Not bad work at all

This link with Poulsen, I seem to remember us being linked with Forlan before we signed Torres

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ho7eJuJFdH8&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ho7eJuJFdH8&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

He wanted to move, he got the move, I'm glad it's all sorted and we can move on and replace him. No idea who we should sign though I know all the CM experts have their favourites. I thought that Defour looked good so he might be a decent option, especially as he's young enough to develop and probably wouldn't cost megabucks. Poulsen I've not seen much of but at 29 would have to be a stop gap (which is not really what we need right now.)

If that's correct, then that's only a million less than what they were asking for

Not bad work at all

This link with Poulsen, I seem to remember us being linked with Forlan before we signed Torres

Indeed this was Rafa's first big test, looks like he's handled it very well indeed.

One can't be too happy because of the calibre of player we have lost, but if there is a silver lining that would be it.

Well I'm still fucked if I know what Xabi was on about with this talk of being forced out.

If he means that he didn't feel confident that he was wanted after last summer's shenanigans, I'd be surprised because since then he played well last season and Rafa didn't seem to be looking for reason to sell him this summer - the events of twelve months ago should be water under the bridge for both of them.

If he wasn't referring to last summer's events, I hope some kind of explanation leaks out eventually because I'm genuinely mystified - did he flirt with Real Madrid's interest this summer and find himself out on a limb with the club because of it? Was Rafa actually trying to sell him behind his back? Was his agent touting him about for a move and everything got out of hand? I guess we'll never know the truth unless both parties speak about it at some point in the future and both tell the same story because otherwise we still won't know which one to believe.

As far as the fee and the available money is concerned, there are usually two reason that a fee remains undisclosed. The first is that one party got bummed and doesn't want to announce it to the world, the other is that the selling club don't want the market to be aware of how much cash they have to spend. Both could apply here, or it could be that Rafa bent over and his old mates at Franco's club agreed not to reveal the full extent of the penetration. Even looking at the cash we now spend won't answer that one way of the other, although I'm sure the speculation will be as frantic and vehement as usual from both of the entrenched camps.

As far as this season is concerned though, you can file all that under interesting but unimportant. We need to focus on bringing in some quality and fast.

Edit: RedKnight out-autoplays the autoplayers. Great moments in history.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

He was shit anyway. Never did anything good. Did I say he was shit?

Yeah. That's right. Shit.

*sob*

Roma fan I know (not of Italian descent but still one who have followed them for many years) says we'd be lucky to get Aquialini for under £20M, since Roma has had higher bids than that during the recent years - from Milan and Chelsea among others. My friend also claims that the best thing with Aquaman is that he never ever plays a bad game, he's always into the matches 100%. He's gutted to see him leave, after Roma's had high hopes for him for so long.

Relieved that the situation has been seemingly resolved, gutted at the way it's turned out.

I don't believe that this couldn't not have been resolved if they'd both been willing to compromise a little, but c'est la vie

Hope the move makes him happy, although I hope they win fuck all

Boss player, boss memories

Sums up exactly how I feel.

30 and 4 is good money but this is a huge test for Rafa and i hope the Yanks don't make it harder for him.

A great player and his first and last year really were something special. Istanbul was immense and one of my best moments seeing that rebound get smashed in.

Good luck Xabi, stay healthy but i hope you aren't too upset when your mates show you up at your new home next May.

Not bad work at all

And that's our strenght now compared to Real negotiating Alonso. We are replacing him, but I'm pretty sure we have 2, 3 or even 4 alternatives. One of them might well be Rafa's clear first choice, but that's for him to know and the clubs we negotiate with not to. Alonso were Real's first and only choice and Rafa/Purslow could play hard ball. Roma, Juve and the rest can't do that in the same way. I too predict Poulsen to be either a netotiation card, or he is lined up as cover and not our main buy.

i honestly do want to cry. alonso was a great servant to the club and i prefer not to let the last month or two stain my thoughts of him.

i always admired him as a footballer, precisely because he made up for a lack of athleticism and raw power with a superb footballing brain and a ridiculous amount of skill

i wish him luck and will still cheer for him when he plays for spain, but alas as a club footballer he is now dead to me.

does anyone know where i can get a poulsen liverpool home kit?

OK now the deal's been done. It looks like standing our ground has paid off. Also, by declaring an undisclosed fee we'll be less likely to be held to ransom for any potential target(s). It's a shame he wanted to leave but after 5 years he probably felt it's the right time to go. Also, he won't have as much tax to pay, on top of a likely larger salary.

I wish Xabi all the best, except against us! If we do play Madrid, I'm sure we have the personnel to offer his a "friendly tackle" without getting a red card. Come to think of it, how many times will Madrid's opponents have a man sent off? They have a mix of diving cunts and players who invite the challenge.

I'd be surprised if Xabi fails the medical. They televise the whole shebang so wouldn't want that to happen.

Roma fan I know (not of Italian descent but still one who have followed them for many years) says we'd be lucky to get Aquialini for under £20M, since Roma has had higher bids than that during the recent years - from Milan and Chelsea among others. My friend also claims that the best thing with Aquaman is that he never ever plays a bad game, he's always into the matches 100%. He's gutted to see him leave, after Roma's had high hopes for him for so long.

The thing about Aqua is that he wont be able to play till September so we can play hard ball and wait right up until 31 August to sign him. Roma will have to sell to us because no on else is prepared to buy him until he is fit. Not sure we should be either but thats another debate for another time

He wanted to go. I can wish him well but he's chosen a cunt of a club. I would like us to be the side that dumps them out of ther CL

Let's face it, if he wanted to go home, he has a choice of two clubs and he'd have no chance getting into Barca's team, so it's a marriage of convenience as much as anything else.

Let's face it, if he wanted to go home, he has a choice of two clubs and he'd have no chance getting into Barca's team, so it's a marriage of convenience as much as anything else.

You don't need to be "hard man" to be a great holding player in the Spanish League. I'd take Xabi over Toure in that Barca team.