You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

A thread about a man named Xabi

dave u

What to do?  

239 members have voted

1. 1. What to do?

• Buy Dave House, Gerrard centre mid, go 442.
    • Buy Augero, Gerrard centre mid, stay 4231.
    • Gerrard in the hole, buy centre mid, stay 4231
    • Don’t care, kill Rafa, burn down RBS

Not sure about this one more year. Xabi isnt Ronaldo. If he doesnt go this summer, Madrid will probably buy someone else. They may well not want or need Alonso next year.

Marca are already on it, buyback clause for Granero, they have until 31st July to instigate it.

Their story at 18:00 yesterday says it all reallly - Jam Operation Exit - they can't shift who they want to shift, because they don't want to go. Pellegrini wants Sneijder to stay. Eto'o's flying to Barca today to finalise move to Inter, Inter will have money to play with, papers say Moratti has already met with Xabi, also looking to buy Lavezzi from Napoli.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Updates from the livertweet thing on twitter this morning.

Ashley Young rumours, just like Aquilani are exaggerated. Both have caught Rafas interest in the past but will not be joining. both old news

Expect a Benitez comment on the Alonso situation today. The deal has been done, and not for the overinflated prices quoted in the rags.

The fee is around £29m, with only £26m being an upfront payment. Alonso will be in Madrid by tonight for contract/medical tonight & Monday.

The Villa / Silva deal will be picked up as soon as Alonso has signed his contract. Expect a big LFC announcement on this by Weds/Thurs.

Does anybody know who this is yet and if it's in anyway reliable?

I'm obviously assuming it's nonesense.

I think this place will resemble a war zone once Xabi has had his say and I think a lot of you are jumping the gun but some time tomorrow, Tuesday at the very latest Xabi will have to speak to the Media and I think it will be very clear then which way this will go however the only fact we know for sure is Xabi had to return to pre-season training or get fined. Everything else is just a guess and the following could be the real situation.

1 Xabi realized how much he loved Rafa and has decide to forgive him for the way he was treated last summer and give 150% next season

2 Real Madrid have indicated to Xabi they are not prepared to increase there bid and the only way forward is for him to ask to leave.

3 Xabi believes that Rafa really wants to sell him anyway and is going to stay to call Rafa’s bluff and fuck up Rafa’s transfer dealings in the process.

4 Xabi has decided to do a deal with Rafa along the Ronaldo lines in return for an agree price at which he can be sold out but less than we currently want.

5 Xabi intends to tell Rafa he still wants to leave but not inform the press of that fact.

Now it could be anyone of those above or a combination thereof and the bottom line is we just don’t know but the last 20 posts of this thread indicate the way this forum will go when everything comes out into the open.

I am going to sit back and wait, If Rafa hadn’t had leaked that Xabi wanted to leave then I think it would be a lot easier for him to stay but lets wait and see what happens.

Xabi has told the Spanish press already what the main issue but people have decided to ignore it.

He is scheduled to earn less than Pennant next season which is clearly unacceptable.

We want him to stay, we gotta flash the cash.

Are you allowed to comment on those Twitter things?

You can reply back, (by putting @livertweet [message]) but it doesn't list itself as comments underneath the post. If you search livertweet though you get a list of everyone that's commented in the same way.

Ah, you've gotta log in to see it but it's here : Twitter: livertweet

hahaha just had a look at that Livertweet thing and what a bunch of shit it's just some random guy probably someone off here by the sounds of him.

This is what's in the bio "Livertweet has been set up as an unofficial inside source by three LFC staff members, giving you the latest news on whats really going on behind the scenes."

So 3 janitors at Anfield set up a twitter.

You can reply back, (by putting @livertweet [message]) but it doesn't list itself as comments underneath the post. If you search livertweet though you get a list of everyone that's commented in the same way.

Ah, you've gotta log in to see it but it's here : Twitter: livertweet

Can't get on it at work.

I signed up to Twitter last week. I'm gonna delete it later though because it's fucking terrible.

Would anyone have been arsed if Xabi had been sold this time last year? I know I wouldn't.

In fact, the cynic in me always wondered why last year was probably his best since his first season, maybe even his best full stop, like it took Rafa trying to sell him for him to pull his finger out and put a shift in.

If he doesn't want to be here then fuck him - simple really.

Would anyone have been arsed if Xabi had been sold this time last year? I know I wouldn't.

In fact, the cynic in me always wondered why last year was probably his best since his first season, maybe even his best full stop, like it took Rafa trying to sell him for him to pull his finger out and put a shift in.

If he doesn't want to be here then fuck him - simple really.

People were of the same attitude with Gerrard, mate. That all worked out OK though.

If he stays, I think we should just put all this behind us and get on with it.

Xabi has told the Spanish press already what the main issue but people have decided to ignore it.

He is scheduled to earn less than Pennant next season which is clearly unacceptable.

We want him to stay, we gotta flash the cash.

Flashing the cash is certainly not an option but unlike you I dont believe mney is the only factor behind his desire to move. As a Spanish Citizen he will only be slightly better off than in the UK because he doesnt get the breaks that Pennant gets.

I am sure there are other issues and the obvious one being Xabi promissing his wife that they would return to Spain after Rafa had been so beastly to poor Xabi.

Once Xabi speaks publicly we shall have a very good idea how things will end up.

People were of the same attitude with Gerrard, mate. That all worked out OK though.

If he stays, I think we should just put all this behind us and get on with it.

Agreed yeah, I've got mo animosity toward the man at all, but I won't shed any tears for him if he goes, and I certainly won't blame Rafa. Alonso isn't a child who's somehow been manipulated, he was on his way out the door last season because he'd been playing shite.

Agreed yeah, I've got mo animosity toward the man at all, but I won't shed any tears for him if he goes, and I certainly won't blame Rafa. Alonso isn't a child who's somehow been manipulated, he was on his way out the door last season because he'd been playing shite.

I don't agree with that, but it's been done to death so I'm not gonna start arguing with you.

You mustn't have got the memo...there was some info in there about the slump we all witnessed with our own eyes being actually just a figment of our imagination, and we are henceforth to refer to it as a myth.

You mustn't have got the memo...there was some info in there about the slump we all witnessed with our own eyes being actually just a figment of our imagination, and we are henceforth to refer to it as a myth.

Didn't you get the memo about not posting inate boring shit that adds absolutely nothing to anything?

I have to agree. Take away last season's performances and I would have been pleased to move him on. Being cynical you have to ask, was his form last season simply down to wanting to prove Rafa wrong? Also, keeping a potentially unsettled player could have dire consequences for next season.

I'm not sure how well the "professional" relationships will work if Xabi stayed.

For one thing, Xabi won't have the unconditional support of the fans in the same way he did last season. He'll still be more popular than Lucas, obviously, but he'll have less patience afforded to him than last season. It won't matter if he plays to his best form in every game, but a couple of bad passes against some shitty team on a shitty night and he'll know about it.

That might just apply in the dressing room too. If he's been honest with his teammates about his dealings with Real then I'm sure he'll get their support. But I can't see (for example) Carra being chuffed if it turns out he'd lied through his teeth about RM, presuming he'd not be there to say goodbye when it all went through.

What if he isn't picked for a fairly big game? Rafa says he wanted something different from his starting line-up so kept Xabi on the bench. Maybe he's telling the truth, or maybe he's just trying to show Xabi who's boss. In fact there's a new rift growing between them; Rafa's wife even snubbed Xabi's wife at their monthly coffee morning last week. And now we hear that Rafa writes "Scabi" on the tactics board instead of "Xabi". And so on...

Diplomacy was mentioned above, and if Xabi does stay the best bit of diplomacy would be for Xabi and Rafa to sit together and get filmed for an interview (not an LFC.tv one) declaring how they are so glad their differences are now behind them.

Agreed I personally dont think he can stay but I am open minded about it until I hear what comes out of Xabi's mouth.

However there are two of Rafa's actions in this whole affair that just dont make sense. His press conference when he calls for loyalty and says Xabi was a nothing player before he came to LFC and at the same time having a go at Barry and more or less saying Im glad we didnt buy him this summer as well and Barry's subsequent statement means Rafa did try to buy him. Why make such a statement. It could be a lack of judgement on Rafa's part but normally Rafa is too astute to make such huge errors of judgement as those actions certainly havent made it easier to convince him to stay. The second one for me an ever bigger one is leaking the story that Xabi wants to leave but wont put in a transfer request. Why would you do that if you want the player to stay?

I have to agree. Take away last season's performances and I would have been pleased to move him on. Being cynical you have to ask, was his form last season simply down to wanting to prove Rafa wrong? Also, keeping a potentially unsettled player could have dire consequences for next season.

Shall we sell Mascherano too?