You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

A thread about a man named Xabi

dave u

What to do?  

239 members have voted

1. 1. What to do?

• Buy Dave House, Gerrard centre mid, go 442.
    • Buy Augero, Gerrard centre mid, stay 4231.
    • Gerrard in the hole, buy centre mid, stay 4231
    • Don’t care, kill Rafa, burn down RBS

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trust in Rafa

He has it all under control no need to worry.

I am sure he has every base covered.

Just to add I think Rafa is a lot more chilled out about the situation than most of you lot are

So he should be.

One of two things has to happen either Madrid pay the required fee or Xabi stays.

If Alonso is sold then its going to be for a good sum of money and therefore Rafa will be able to strengthen the squad.

If Alonso stays then whlist he may be pissed off he will still give 100% every game last he did last season after the Barry fiasco.

Alonso i doubt is the player who would sulk plus its a World Cup year coming up so Alonso is going to want to be in that Spanish squad so will always give his all.

Personally im chilled out about it.

If he goes so what spend the money wisely and if he stays good on him and carry on as you were.

So he should be.

One of two things has to happen either Madrid pay the required fee or Xabi stays.

If Alonso is sold then its going to be for a good sum of money and therefore Rafa will be able to strengthen the squad.

If Alonso stays then whlist he may be pissed off he will still give 100% every game last he did last season after the Barry fiasco.

Alonso i doubt is the player who would sulk plus its a World Cup year coming up so Alonso is going to want to be in that Spanish squad so will always give his all.

Personally im chilled out about it.

If he goes so what spend the money wisely and if he stays good on him and carry on as you were.

Good analysis. I'm not really bothered either way, I trust that Rafa will negotiate a decent fee if push comes to shove. But I think it would be prudent to set some time limits so we don't get shafted with money but no means to use it. Smoke out any potential deals now and then move on.

On the family/wife issue, where's her loyalty and consideration for her husband's happiness when she's fucking off back to Argentina?

I think people are being too generous in their sympathies for Mrs Masherano and her husband's plight, it's not like it's forever (if indeed this 'plight' is genuine).[/QUOTE]

I'm not mate, I've said all along that he is a fanny if he allows his mrs into bossing him into leaving and that she should stop being such a selfish fuck. He owes us another season at the very least.

i truely believe alonso is looking for an increase in pay, the other week he commented on how the strength of the euro against the pound was killing his earnings plus with the introduction of the 50% tax on all high earns over 150k per year, every player must be seein an effective wages drop. he hgas never actually said he doesn't want to play for us or theat he has had enough of liverpool itself but he has said he was settled and really liked liverpool do they sound like the words of a player who wants to leave? IMO no

And so it begins.. this is a classic Real tactic..bye bye Xabi

New Real Madrid star Kaka would like to see Liverpool's Xabi Alonso become the latest recruit for the new generation of 'galacticos'.

The Primera Liga side have already captured Kaka, Cristiano Ronaldo and Raul Albiol, while an offer for Lyon's Karim Benzema has been accepted in a phenomenal summer of lavish spending.

Alonso is a target and Real have made no secret of their admiration for the former Real Sociedad ace, with reports of a bid in the region of £30million being prepared for later in July.

The 27-year-old's future is unclear after a rumoured bust-up with boss Rafa Benitez and, after playing against the Reds with ex-club AC Milan in the 2005 and 2007 UEFA Champions League finals, Kaka believes the Spaniard would be a good addition.

"I've played against him in two European Cup finals," Kaka told Spanish media when asked about Alonso.

"He is an excellent player and Spanish so he would be very welcome."

If Xabi wants to go we should perhaps accept the bid and get Lucho in before he moves to Marseilles on Sunday, otherwise I don't see what else we can do. if we're holding out for more money they will pay it eventually but it will leave us high and dry late in the window.

I can only assume that we're not interested in selling

rafa is way too smart and methodical to not have his back up play already sorted out. if anything he probably had it sorted out a month or so ago when barry signed for city.

i'm sure the relevant clubs have been sounded out about their players and prices discussed and possibly agreed.

if they are all just waiting for th 18th and the clause to go away then so be it, but i doubt that rafa will be scrambling to find a player knowing full well he's had the better part of a month or two to pick out his targets.

things are moving too slowly for my liking, this is a crucial period now. if Xabi wants to go he needs to be fucked off quickly not in the middle or back end of July

I think Lucho is the only possible potential replacement and he is moving on Sunday so if we dont make our move I cannot see us letting Xabi go so maybe the decision to keep him has been taken already? who knows. either way, we're still to sign a backup striker and a maybe a left winger and pre season starts next week.

If Rafa has control , he will have a plan, as mentioned above i expect he has players on standby with everything agreed. We are a massive draw because European players know they have a huge chance of landing the CL with us. There is no way he will be scrambling around, he is too methodical for that.

what plan though? If we're holding out for more money the best players won't wait for us to complete our deals. we risk missing our targets and the only players left will be of a lower standard when Real eventually agree to meet the price, are we going to let it go to deadline day ? come on now.

this has to be done this weekend or we have to take a decision/make a ruling, maybe we have? I can't see this saga going on beyond the next week one way or another.