You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So Kuyt is guarenteed to start because he works hard?

and scores, creates, forces errors in dangerous positions, has good movement... he's been a top performer this season.

He's been class this season.

I think we need someone to take Riera's place more than someone to take Kuyt's.

I'd agree with that, particularly so if Babel is shipped out. I think Arbeloa needs competiton also.

I'd see Right Back, Left Wing/Mid and Striker as three areas for which we badly need cover.

I would have to agree that Dirk is probably less effective against a packed defence, so from that point of view we could do with something different. It could be argued that we already have that with Yossi. He is the different type of player.

Regardless I think we still need another creative midfielder. Ideally one who can play on either flank. A 4-2-3-1 with Torres in front of Benny Gerrard Dirk has been quite good for us this season, but a 3 of Benny Gerrard Silva or Silva Gerrard Dirk would add a lot of versatility. This is what we need to be aiming at, not someone who can run fast.

I wish someone would tell Guardiola that?

Then they might have stood a chance of winning something this season.

We'd have beat them to La Liga.

We'd also have beat them in the Champions League. We are a fucking great team and so are they, but we have a good defence. Just hope Messi and co can fuck United.

11 in the top scorers list in all comps, promising for us as we could get a different option to add to the team. Also a healthy number of assists as mentioned above, i am sure it is far more than that though. He is also very close to the players above him

Player Team League Cup Europe Other Total

1 Ronaldo Manchester United 18 3 4 0 25 (5 pen)

2 Anelka Chelsea 17 4 2 0 23

3 Gerrard Liverpool 15 1 7 0 23 (7 pen)

4 Lampard Chelsea 12 4 3 0 19 (3 pen)

5 Van Persie Arsenal 9 4 5 0 18 (3 pen)

6 Rooney Manchester United 12 1 4 0 17

7 Bent Tottenham Hotspur 12 1 4 0 17 (1 pen)

8 Torres Liverpool 13 1 2 0 16

9 Adebayor Arsenal 10 0 6 0 16 (2 pen)

10 Souza Robinho Manchester City 14 0 1 0 15 (1 pen)

11 Kuyt Liverpool 11 0 3 0 14

One of, if not the best player this year. Deserves even more praise.

See, its ok to spout crap like this but not criticised Kuyt?

I think he has been good towards the end of the season, one of our best but for most of the season he has been awful. I honestly think he seems to get special treatment, at times, if he isn't playing well he seems to just be given a free role to play anywhere. He has played such a huge amount of games that I'd expect him to score at least 10 goals, we paid 10 milion+ for him!

Different league, different style.

The key word here is team, every team.

I guess we all can agree that statement was a bit over the top, just like Rafs statement about Kuyt being secured a start in every game.

Kuyt has had a decent season, but for me he is deffo someone we could improve on as a first team player as he is nothing more than an average striker and an average winger.

He is a good squad player though, but thats a completely different kettle of fish than stating he is secured a place in the starting line up every time we play and that every team need such a player.

See, its ok to spout crap like this but not criticised Kuyt?

I think he has been good towards the end of the season, one of our best but for most of the season he has been awful.

Are you having a laugh? He was our best player in the early months of the season. Even in the shittest game i've seen him play against Liege he got us into the CL when we should have gone out.

He's had a better season than most. Only Xabi and Stevie would be above him for me.

he has also had some dry spells and often only plays well when the team plays well and we need someone to drag us out of the shit and flair and pace makes things happen even if everyone else is having a stinker. He has been quality but his touch is still horrendous.