You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

3 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Is it bad that I think Escobar wore better jumpers than McGuinness? 

Hmm, maybe we need a poll.

Escobar's were decent, but kitsch. I think they benefit from retro appeal of the '80s and '90s.

McGuinness went with timeless knits, worn under a tweed jacket. Classic.

19 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Hmm, maybe we need a poll.

Escobar's were decent, but kitsch. I think they benefit from retro appeal of the '80s and '90s.

McGuinness went with timeless knits, worn under a tweed jacket. Classic.

Would you rather your clothes smelt of Semtex or pussy and beak? That’s the real question. 

Although I do own a nice Aran jumper. It just stinks of dog and despair if I’m honest. 

• Upvote 3

10 hours ago, Anubis said:

Extremely disappointed to see six pages of squabbling over the phrase Poppy Shaggers on a Liverpool forum. 

Not a single mention of the Liverpool classic - Proddy Dogs. This is what Catholic kids like myself would shout at the annual Orange March to Southport. More because the slow-as-fuck cunts held up traffic.

Nowdays we just call them cunts and wish they’d go and march in Northern Ireland.

Poppy shaggers, sectarian or not?

Why would Poppy Shagger be Sectarian? 

I've marched on a remembrance parade while in the forces in uniform. I’ve worn a poppy myself. I always spend a moment of reflection. 

Am I a “poppy shagger”? I guess so. 

On 04/04/2024 at 08:14, Carradona said:

.As for "hun", I've said on here before that it's clearly a derogatory term and I was raised not to say it where I grew up.

Have word with those on here who haven't been brought up as well as you.

1 hour ago, A Red said:

Ok, lets see. Call me one

No. Two reasons. 

You find it offensive to you and you asked me not to. 

Second reason, I can’t be arsed with another slap on the wrist. 

https://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/2024/apr/07/akihiko-okamura-photographs-troubles-northern-ireland-memories-of-others-exhibition

The surreal dislocation of the everyday’: how Japanese photographer Akihiko Okamura captured the Troubles as never before
Okamura, who moved to Ireland to explore JFK’s ancestry and stayed for 16 years to document political upheaval, is celebrated in a new exhibition and book

• Upvote 4

I was glad Celtic scored after 22 seconds because those that were singing about being up to their knees in Fenian blood were a bit quieter. 

Although …. Water of a ducks back for men. 

On 06/04/2024 at 23:24, A Red said:

Poppy shaggers, sectarian or not?

I suppose it’s the context it’s used in. If you’re trading insults with Protestants in Ireland then probably. If your just abusing poppy fascists (ie the twats who think everyone has to wear one), then no.

• Upvote 1

On 06/04/2024 at 23:36, Bjornebye said:

Why would Poppy Shagger be Sectarian? 

I've marched on a remembrance parade while in the forces in uniform. I’ve worn a poppy myself. I always spend a moment of reflection. 

Am I a “poppy shagger”? I guess so. 

14 minutes ago, Anubis said:

I suppose it’s the context it’s used in. If you’re trading insults with Protestants in Ireland then probably. If your just abusing poppy fascists (ie the twats who think everyone has to wear one), then no.

Yep. Nobody answered me. All went quiet. 

Probably because im a boring cunt 

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

Yep. Nobody answered me. All went quiet. 

Probably because im a boring cunt 

The question had already been asked and answered during a discussion between lifetime fan and A Red. And the answer that A Red gave is pretty much exactly what Anubis has just said... 

In other news, Glasgow is in Scotland. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

18 minutes ago, The Golden Eel said:

The question had already been asked and answered during a discussion between lifetime fan and A Red. And the answer that A Red gave is pretty much exactly what Anubis has just said... 

In other news, Glasgow is in Scotland. 

Had it? Show me. 

In other news, ‘Northern’ Ireland is in Ireland. 

On 07/04/2024 at 11:42, skend04 said:

https://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/2024/apr/07/akihiko-okamura-photographs-troubles-northern-ireland-memories-of-others-exhibition

The surreal dislocation of the everyday’: how Japanese photographer Akihiko Okamura captured the Troubles as never before
Okamura, who moved to Ireland to explore JFK’s ancestry and stayed for 16 years to document political upheaval, is celebrated in a new exhibition and book

Quite an uncomfortable truth for some. At a time when being Catholic meant you became dehumanised and kicked out of your homes by invaders. Cowards would accept their fate and slope off. Brave people would fight back. 

Britain was never in Ireland by invitation so ask yourself who the terrorists are 

Its humiliating for someone that hates Unionists and the Orange Order turns out to be a jaffa and has to seek help from a loyalist paramilitary group to get his missus pregnant.

Too much?

• Downvote 8

48 minutes ago, A Red said:

Its humiliating for someone that hates Unionists and the Orange Order turns out to be a jaffa and has to seek help from a loyalist paramilitary group to get his missus pregnant.

Too much?

Who and what are you talking about? 

1 hour ago, A Red said:

Too much?

What the fuck is wrong with you?

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, A Red said:

Too much?

Absolutely no fucking need. 

You just come across as a cunt with that post. 

• Upvote 2