You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

So does this season still count as a "title challenge"?

Royal Family

If we win our remaining games we will get 88 points, if the mancs win their remaining games they will get 98 points.

I have said all the time we will need 85 points to win it so going by that we can only afford one more loss or one more draw to have a realistic chance.

For us to win it with 85 points we need the mancs to drop 14 points in their remaining 12 games, more than 1/3 of the remaining points possible.

Alright back to this, the situation has changed a bit since I wrote this.

I still think we can afford one more loss or draw to win the title, but we need to get 85 points, if we lose 4 more points I will write us off.

But this is now the situation.

Max points:

1. Mancs - 92 points

2. Liverpool - 88 points

3. Chelsea - 85 points.

If Chelsea can win all their matches they will still have a chance as 85 points with a good goal difference might be enough to win it.

I`m almost certain the mancs will drop enough points for us being able to win it, the question is, will we do our job?

We have two massive games coming up in the league, with a quarter final in the CL to come in between.

The last 14 days have been superb, but the upcoming week from 4th April after the internationals will probably make or break our season.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even with the suspensions and their struggles of late, ManUre will have to flub up worse than I expect them to for us to win the title. And I don't really think it is reasonable to expect to take 3 points in each of the next 3 matches.

We dropped so many points against inferior competition it's unreal.

After the City game, I thought the Mancs were going to stroll to their easiest ever title and that we were deffo out of it.

You have to say we're right back in it now.

I know it sounds mad to say, but their defeat to Fulham on Saturday didn't really change much from our perspective because the general consensus after we beat them at Old Trafford was that we'd have to win all of our remaining games to win the League, and as things stand, that's still the case for me.

We just have to concentrate on winning the next game and hope that they have another slip up. They're still very much in the driving seat and I'm not getting too carried away, but I think the role of the underdog suits us and as I've said, we know what we have to do from our point of view so fingers crossed for the last stretch.

Even with the suspensions and their struggles of late, ManUre will have to flub up worse than I expect them to for us to win the title. And I don't really think it is reasonable to expect to take 3 points in each of the next 3 matches.

We dropped so many points against inferior competition it's unreal.

Flub repped

I have thought quite a bit before posting for the first time but I think this thread is the right one to begin with!

I feel Rafa signalled his intent about whether he felt the team was ready for a title challenge with his infamous 'rant' a couple of months ago..he laid down a challenge which the players initially failed but are now rising to..with those very considered points he made, he showed that he felt he knew what would get under Fergusons skin and it`s only now that the players have caught up in their belief..as well as the fans! Don`t forget, Rafa has been in tight title races before but most of the squad haven`t ..they needed a bit more convincing in their own abilities..I think they now have that belief!

I`m very hopeful!!

I am I the only person on here who hadn't lost faith all season?

Just curious like but I have been consistently saying we'll win it since the 1st game.

Can see Villa getting a point against them as they'll be working on their defence all week after that and United are low on confidence and are missing the 'Berbs and Rain Woony and only have Tevez, two days after he plays for Argies in the highest pitch on earth.

Id love to see where manu drop 4 points only difficult game for them is the same as ours Arsenal at home

If they beat Villa the title is as good as theirs

So you saw the 3 points dropped to Fulham coming then?

Did you arse.

Now they might very well regain their composure, but if we win our next match we will be above them and I guarantee their arses will be twitching more than a blond racing driver's in a sauna.

Nick you aren't looking at the psychology of it, we may be behind on points but we have Manchester United on the ropes after a few hard blows... its not over by a long way. If they draw two games they have lost the league because we won't lose again.

I'm finding it hard to be that confident.

I reckon Man U 6 – 0 Villa, and Fulham 1 – 0 Liverpool next weekend, and we’ll all go back to hating Rafa again.