You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

New Girl on Countdown

Carradona

15 minutes ago, Strontium said:

Correct. She posted something that could be easily misrepresented by people who hate her.

As if.

For one thing, I don't "hate" her: she's someone who is alright on the telly and a gobshite on social media.  Why would I bother hating someone like that?

As for "misrepresenting" her, I posted a screenshot of her tweet; her words, in their entirety.  

If you think she made her point poorly, please explain what you think she was trying to say, because her own words certainly seem clear - and clearly racist - enough.

• Upvote 3

43 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Australian lady showing a similar level of genuine concern for those affected as our Rach, 

And on my butt plug are the words 'Jesus died for our sins'. And that's by Armani, which I think goes well with this jacket.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

If you think she made her point poorly, please explain what you think she was trying to say, because her own words certainly seem clear - and clearly racist - enough.

First off, explain what you think she was saying, and then I can explain why you are wrong.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Strontium said:

First off, explain what you think she was saying, and then I can explain why you are wrong.

You can't be this thick.

She was unambiguously saying that the murders in Sydney were the fault of "those Muslims, up to no good again".

1 minute ago, skend04 said:

In the words (kind of) of the famous poet Fred Durst, someone is "....trollin' trollin' trollin' trollin'!"

Yes, the people who think a Hope Not Hate ambassador, who has received an MBE for services to antiracism, who was instrumental in getting Tommy Robinson and Katie Hopkins excluded from social media, has graduated to cheap racism.

• Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Strontium said:

Yes, the people who think a Hope Not Hate ambassador, who has received an MBE for services to antiracism, who was instrumental in getting Tommy Robinson and Katie Hopkins excluded from social media, has graduated to cheap racism.

Of course.  Someone who once did something good couldn't possibly then do something shitty.  That's a thing that never happens.

5 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

She was accidentally a massive racist cunt. Whoops.

can happen to the best of us

suppose there is a kind of irony in getting tommeh kicked if twitter,and then echoing his opnion 

11 minutes ago, Strontium said:

It happens. You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

You can't be this thick.

She was unambiguously saying that the murders in Sydney were the fault of "those Muslims, up to no good again".

But that's not what she said is it, that's the spin you're putting on it. At no point did she attribute the attack in Sydney to any Muslim. 

If you look at her actual words, rather than the ones you've imagined her saying, what she said was that the stabbing attack in Sydney is what "Globalising the Intifada" - a chant heard regularly on our streets recently - would look like.

I find it hard to believe that I need to explain basic English to anyone, but if I said that X looks like what Y would look like, then that's not the same as saying that X and Y are identical, or that X is an example of Y.

I've already said that it was clumsily expressed, ironically because it was the exact opposite of the "unambiguous" you think it was, but her later clarification leaves no room whatsoever for doubt as to her original intent, and anyone continuing to stick the knife in even after she has explained what she meant evidently has their own agenda.

• Downvote 7

5 minutes ago, Strontium said:

But that's not what she said is it, that's the spin you're putting on it. At no point did she attribute the attack in Sydney to any Muslim. 

If you look at her actual words, rather than the ones you've imagined her saying, what she said was that the stabbing attack in Sydney is what "Globalising the Intifada" - a chant heard regularly on our streets recently - would look like.

I find it hard to believe that I need to explain basic English to anyone, but if I said that X looks like what Y would look like, then that's not the same as saying that X and Y are identical, or that X is an example of Y.

I've already said that it was clumsily expressed, ironically because it was the exact opposite of the "unambiguous" you think it was, but her later clarification leaves no room whatsoever for doubt as to her original intent, and anyone continuing to stick the knife in even after she has explained what she meant evidently has their own agenda.

wow

I don’t think there’s an ‘anti Rachel Riley’ agenda. Her words actions and behaviours speak for themselves. Shes a massive, hypocritical racist who used an event to fit her agenda. ‘This is what global intifada which is called for on our streets’ looks like. Bullshit. Scaremongering.

She’s a nasty nasty piece of work

• Upvote 4

17 minutes ago, Strontium said:

This is nonsensical. Verbal gymnastics to justify the unjustifiable 

I think it's probably about time the narrative was changed.

Hundreds of years have been spent wondering why Jews are always the victims of just about anything and everything, probably time to start asking, why have they been persona non-grata everywhere apart from radicalised, fundamentalist Christian nations like America and to a lesser extent the UK.

Since I've been alive, they've been basically allowed to do whatever the fuck they want, when they want and with the backing of the military industrial complex of nation states who are well versed in destabilising every other nation that has either a different sky god or who, more importantly aren't 'democratically' right wing.

Probably time to adjust thinking from perpetual 'victim' status to Lebensraum, Nuclear, western backed puppet state who get a free pass.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1