You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Portsmouth Away

Malarkey

He can't play Torres in the Cup game and then rest him in the leaque game. If he does, he's just making another rod for his own back.

But no doubt, the other way round would also have most of you spazzing up.

Did you not see Torres on Wednesday?

Him being rested would be totally understandable in my opinion.

He can't play Torres in the Cup game and then rest him in the leaque game. If he does, he's just making another rod for his own back.

Why? Many on here were saying they wanted our strongest team against Everton, they got just that, and Torres is clearly exhausted so why exactly would someone criticise Rafa if he's benched?

There are of course those on here who find fault with everything Rafa does, whether it's right or wrong, but they're pretty easy to suss out and ignore.

Why? Many on here were saying they wanted our strongest team against Everton, they got just that, and Torres is clearly exhausted so why exactly would someone criticise Rafa if he's benched?

There are of course those on here who find fault with everything Rafa does, whether it's right or wrong, but they're pretty easy to suss out and ignore.

No Mascher or Aurelio against Everton. That's a massive difference.

Torres and Babel upfront with Benny, Masch, Alsono, Riera in midfield. Go for it, get 2 or 3 goals ahead after 55 mins and bring Fernando off....which is what I'd do (cue "thats why you're not a manager" comments from some).

My prediction for what will actually happen is Babel on his own upfront, Torres on the bench and Dirk (who must be shattered after Wednesday) being asked to play the 'Gerrad role'.

Whatever else, I think Yossi deserves a start after his recent performances.

They're no good and they have conceded a lot of goals, we need to play positive and we could win quite comfortably. We need to play the pressure football we play from time to time like against Newcastle, I wish we would do it every week.

I think Benayoun will be an important player now with Gerrard out he's one of the few players we have who makes clever runs and plays clever balls, I'd play him just off Torres or whoever the striker will be.

--------Reina----------

Arbeloa--Skrtel--Carra--Aurelio

----Mascher--Alonso-----

Babel---Benayoun---Riera

---------Torres--------

is how we should line up for this one. If Torres doesn't feel up to it, throw Lucas or Kuyt in and re-arrange a bit:-). Perhaps we'll even see El Zhar on the right flank?

____________________Reina_____________________

Arbeloa_________Carra_____Hyypia_________Bossena

________________________Masche________________

________________Speo__________________________

Benny_________________Pacheco______________Riera

_______________________Babel___________________

Only thing i can think of that could beat Portsmouth.

They may call this off as it is not safe to travel.

Do they take that into consideration though? I know Arsenal's game was called off the day before but I thought that was because they knew they wouldn't be able to get the pitch playable in time.

In all honesty if they suspect it's going to be called off they should just do it today, before people set off in the morning.

Do they take that into consideration though? I know Arsenal's game was called off the day before but I thought that was because they knew they wouldn't be able to get the pitch playable in time.

In all honesty if they suspect it's going to be called off they should just do it today, before people set off in the morning.

Arsenal's pitch was playable, it was the roads.

I am pretty sure the police can call a game off for any reason they like. If it is in the interests of public safety.

I am pretty sure the police can call a game off for any reason they like. If it is in the interests of public safety.

Yes you're right. I'm sure I remember a game being called off at Anfield in recent years because the terraces had frozen over. The pitch was fine, but for safety reasons they called it off.