You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Vegetarianism and fish

Paulie Dangerously

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread reminds me of a quote made by Gordon Ramsey on one of his shows (cant remember which one) where the waiter came in and said;

"A guest wants to know if there is a vegetarian option"

and Ramsey said;

"Vegetarian option?? Tell them their option is to eat meat or fuck off"

hahaha still makes me laugh now just typing it out.

ive got nothing against vegetarians by the way.

Bwahaahahahahahaha!!!

That's fucking hilarious.

I owe Gordon Ramsay a rep if he ever decides to join the TLW community.

Yeah, I hate Gordon Ramsey for his attitude to vegetarians.

That reminds me, he boasted once of spiking a vegetarian's meal at one of his restaurants with meat - I've been meaning to report him to the police for assault for a while now. Thanks for the reminder :thumbup:

Had a semi argument with a mate the other week discussing a mutual friend who is a vegetarian. It transpires she will eat fish regulary just not any other meat. I went out with a vegetarian for 18 months (which practically made me a vegetarian too)and she never ate fish or seafood in general, neither did my brother who was a moral vegetarian for about 3 years so I was a bit confused by it.

Is this the norm? I thought that if someone didn't eat meat that would include fish as their flesh counts the same as flesh from any other animal? I knew someone who would only eat fish but they never claimed to be a vegetarian, he called himself a piscitarian.

I know there's different reasons for being one, medical, objection to treatement of animals, just not liking meat etc but I thought regardless of the reasoning that fish would be excluded also?

Know there's a few vegetarians out there so just want to see what everyone else thinks

Is that like a "cock fight" using droopy penises?

Yeah, I hate Gordon Ramsey for his attitude to vegetarians.

That reminds me, he boasted once of spiking a vegetarian's meal at one of his restaurants with meat - I've been meaning to report him to the police for assault for a while now. Thanks for the reminder :thumbup:

get a life, virgin.

I remember I took a girl out on a date, after a very exciting one night stand that I decided to attempt to extend... Anyway, we got together and went to the restaurant and she says, "Oh, I am a vegetarian but feel free to order whatever you want..."

It was an italian restaurant, and I said, "Really? Order anything I want and it won't bother you?"

She says, "No, of course not... I don't feel that my being a vegetarian should effect how you want to eat."

I said, "Well that is too cool."

I ordered the Veal Marsala, she was not pleased but fuck her... She was a bitch, anyway.

I'd eat dog if it tasted good. No worries at all. I just suspect highly that it doesn't, else we'd eat more of them wouldn't we?

I've eaten some weird things - kangaroo, squirrel, alligator. They were alright, but I wouldn't eat them again. Not cos they're cute or anything - just cos they're not as nice as beef or chicken or pork.

I suspect the reason dogs aren't eaten much is largely because they taste like shit and has very litte to do with them being cute and stuff.

I'd eat a cat as well by the way. I fucking hate cats. I'd happily kill it and then eat it just to punish it for being a cat.

I'd eat dog if it tasted good. No worries at all. I just suspect highly that it doesn't, else we'd eat more of them wouldn't we?

I've eaten some weird things - kangaroo, squirrel, alligator. They were alright, but I wouldn't eat them again. Not cos they're cute or anything - just cos they're not as nice as beef or chicken or pork.

I suspect the reason dogs aren't eaten much is largely because they taste like shit and has very litte to do with them being cute and stuff.

I'd eat a cat as well by the way. I fucking hate cats. I'd happily kill it and then eat it just to punish it for being a cat.

I hate the fuckers too. I would eat one no bother. Maybe they would be nice with a bit of seasoning on top. I haven't heard anyone say they aren't nice so might just have to go driving now and see what I can find. I think you might be giving me ideas Tom.

• 3 years later...
Guest davelfc

For some people being a 'vegetarian' is their way of gaining attention and being treated differently. You have a small party and of course (insert name here) is coming, we'll have to make a vegetarian alternative. You want to go out in a group, but hang on, (insert name here) is coming, we will have to find a restaurant that does a vegetarian alternative. Don't even get started on a bbq, just don't invite them. Then someone brings a new partner and oh, they're vegetarian, we didn't know we're very sorry. How about a meat alternative for normal people?

The answer of course is just don't invite the picky bastards, they're probably to weak to come anyway and who wants to sit there all night being told how evil you are eating dead animals. Besides have you caught a whiff of a veggies fart?

Guest davelfc
If you have a small dinner party you deserve everything u get.

I said small 'party' I don't think I've ever had a small 'dinner party' and the few I've been dragged to I hated.