You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Comedy gold, this stuff.

BBC SPORT | Football | Gossip | Sunday's gossip column

TRANSFER GOSSIP

Harry Redknapp wants to bring £20m Liverpool flop Robbie Keane back to Tottenham Hotspur, and expects to pay just £5m to get him. (Various)

Middlesbrough winger Stewart Downing is also set to sign for Spurs in a deal worth £12m. (Mail on Sunday)

Valencia striker David Villa's agent will fly to England this week to seal a £52m January move to Manchester City. (News of the World)

City will also tie up a £20m deal for French star Franck Ribery next month. (Sunday Express)

Chelsea and Manchester United have joined the race to sign Hearts captain Christophe Berra. Fulham are also keen. (Sunday Times)

Manchester United's Brazilian midfielder Anderson is touting for a move to Jose Mourinho's Inter Milan in January. (News of the World)

United are now favourites to sign Lyon striker Karim Benzema after Real Madrid ruled out a move. However, Lyon want nearly £90m for the 20-year-old. (Sunday Express)

West Brom want to take Arsenal's teenage Mexican striker Carlos Vela on loan. (News of the World)

Aston Villa striker Marlon Harewood is being lined up for a £4m move to Stoke City. (News of the World)

Newcastle's squad are worried owner Mike Ashley will try to offload as many players as he can in a January fire sale, to raise funds for manager Joe Kinnear, who has Roma star John Arne Riise in his sights, among others. (News of the World)

Ajax are ready to make a January bid for Celtic striker Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink. (Sunday Express)

Rangers will let Christian Dailly leave for free in January if he can find a new club. (Sunday Express)

Celtic could move for West Brom left-back Paul Robinson if Norwegian Erlend Hanstveit does not impress on trial. (Sunday Express)

Dinamo Kiev are set to offer £250,000 for Hibs' Moroccan striker Abdessalam Benjeloun. (Sunday Express)

That £5 million from Spurs supposedly includes cancelling the outrstanding £10m owed in payments so would be an actual total of £15m. I still don't believe a word of it.

Riiight, thanks. I didn't get that at all, and was thinking it was the stupidest rumour I'd ever read. Actually, there was the 120mil Casillas one the other day... Still can't see it though, and Keane would be so gutted going back there, especially if he's as much of a Liverpool fan as he's made out to be. That'd crush you really bad.

He'll surely start on tuesday anyway, and hopefully get a goal or two.

Me too and i'd have Agbonlahor as well. He'd be brilliant cover for Torres and can play wide right too.

We could give them a load of players and a bit of money. For them both!

Why not i bet we got a few they would be interested in.

I just find it hard to believe they'd be willing to get rid of both of those players and I suspect the fees they'd want would be 15+ million each.

I think Spurs do want Keane back strickly because of Redknapp. he is obsessed with British Isles based players. I we knew he wanted Crouch back a year before he resigned him for Pompey. If they are willing to give us 16 million back, bite their hands off. spend 2 mil on Owen. and Save the rest for the summer to make a massive bid for Villa.

also get rid of Pennant, Voronin and Itandje in the january transfer window.

John Arne to the Toon? We should offer Roma a straight swap for Dossena - come back ginge, all is forgiven. Well, almost all.

Only Doni(GK) 14 starts and De Rossi 13 starts have started more games than Riise in Serie A for Roma this season so his supposed difficult start to his career overe there are a bit exaggerated to be honest.

Riise has started 11 out of Romas 14 matches in the league this season and these rumours about his return to the PL started when he was given a few games on the bench to adjust after Roma had a poor start to the season, mostly because they missed Totti.

I would be surprised to see Riise returning to the PL this season as I think he feels more an more at home in Italy.

Watched an interview with him last night on telly and the thing I actually noticed and which disappointed me was that he had changed his red Justice for the 96 armband with a white and orange Roma one, dont know whats the deal behind that one though.

You dont think young, quick attackers who are proven in the our league would improve our team?

I do think they would improve our team, but assuming Young or Agbonlahor would sign for Liverpool because we are Liverpool is disrespectful and besides it seems we dont have the money. Both these guys would be looking at £15m+ at least and consiering what that cunt MON is trying to do at Villa he would probably be looking at twice that.

I do think they would improve our team, but assuming Young or Agbonlahor would sign for Liverpool because we are Liverpool is disrespectful and besides it seems we dont have the money. Both these guys would be looking at £15m+ at least and consiering what that cunt MON is trying to do at Villa he would probably be looking at twice that.

I know they'd cost too much but i was just saying they're players i'd like us to sign. I dont think we'd get Ribery either but he was mentioned in the rumours and he's a similar player but better again and i said i'd like us to sign him. I dont see how that's embarrassing, it's just pointing out the type of player i think we need. It would only be embarrassing if i was a big enough tit to think O'Niell or Rafa came on here for advice on transfers.

And why would i give a shit about being disrespectful about Villa on a Liverpool site?

I know they'd cost too much but i was just saying they're players i'd like us to sign. I dont think we'd get Ribery either but he was mentioned in the rumours and he's a similar player but better again and i said i'd like us to sign him. I dont see how that's embarrassing, it's just pointing out the type of player i think we need. It would only be embarrassing if i was a big enough tit to think O'Niell or Rafa came on here for advice on transfers.

And why would i give a shit about being disrespectful about Villa on a Liverpool site?

I find it laughable that some fans just assume that we can go and get some of these players just because we are Liverpool, or because they worked well on Championsip Manager. Neither of them will go anywhere in Jan when Villa are in with a real chance of CL qualification.

Also, the Robbie Keane out in January stuff is probably worst of all. Its really pissing me off at this stage.