You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Ryder Cup

bazbailey

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Getting very excited now. Saw Faldos press conference yesterday - thought he acted like a bit of a bellend.

If JB Holmes goes out first, it is going to be one slow day - the guy takes forever

Pair him with Harrington and you've got a 5 hours round right there.

faldo's a jebroni and i think barring exceptional performances (im talking a monty level of point scoring) from the likes of westwood, harrington and garcia i think europe are going to struggle out there.

hope im wrong but the law of averages dictates otherwise, in for a good weekend though.

I saw his press conference and thought good for him! Fuck the media, especially the written media and their fucking moral highground when it suits them. If they even had a scrap of interest in sportsmanship, the game of golf, or just common decency, they wouldn't have published the list.

So some zoom-lensed twat got a picture of a private note he made with the pairings on, publishes it, and then expects Faldo to offer them some sort of professional courtesy in the press conference? I'd have stood up and told the lot of them to fuck right off. I thought he treated them with exactly the contempt they deserve.

I saw his press conference and thought good for him! Fuck the media, especially the written media and their fucking moral highground when it suits them. If they even had a scrap of interest in sportsmanship, the game of golf, or just common decency, they wouldn't have published the list.

So some zoom-lensed twat got a picture of a private note he made with the pairings on, publishes it, and then expects Faldo to offer them some sort of professional courtesy in the press conference? I'd have stood up and told the lot of them to fuck right off. I thought he treated them with exactly the contempt they deserve.

I haven't seen it and didn't know about any of that. I was just referring to the fact that I think he's the biggest weakness Europe has. He picked Ian Poulter for fucks sake. That's almost enough to make me want to switch sides and support the yanks!

Getting very excited now. Saw Faldos press conference yesterday - thought he acted like a bit of a bellend.

If JB Holmes goes out first, it is going to be one slow day - the guy takes forever

I thought it was hilarious. Trying to make out it was the sandwhich list - joker!

My interest in golf has faded since I used to play when I was a kid but this is still the one tournament I enjoy to watch.

I can't see anything other than a europe win but you never know with Faldo and Azinger being the captains. Faldo is a dick and Azinger is one hell of a competitor.

Always remember Azinger beating my man Ballesteros in the singles at the Belfry one year. He'll have his team fired up

I remember years ago when Bobby Robson was asked about his England team in a press conference before a big game.

"You want my team...scribble scribble...THAT's my team. Bring it on!"

My recollection might not be 100% accurate, but that was essentially what was going on. Robson was proud of his team and he didn't care if the press had it early on.

I would have liked to have seen Faldo do a similar thing yesterday, rather than the sandwich list joke thing. He should have said, 'Yeah, they are my pairings. What you gonna do about it?"

AH, I get you know. you were going for eejit. Sorry, I honestly wasn't trying to be some kind of a gobshite know-all, I thought you were alluding to some kind of a word from a story about Faldo I didn't know. I really don't like Faldo.

nah i thought it was spelt like that,no one really likes faldo anyway,with him being captain it almost wants to make me support the americans.